THE BROWNS BOARD

I can't wait...

jbluhm86

...to hear the spin job the sports pundits are going to be spewing out tomorrow on why the Browns beating the Colts still doesn't mean they're a good team.

All week I've been listening to people shit on this team because "oh, who have they beaten", or "Colts have the #1 defense in the league", etc.

Guaranteed they'll make the excuse of the colts having injuries on defense or some bullshit, but fuck'em all. The Browns are 4-1, and life is looking good. This one was for Browns nation.

On to Steelers week.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

...to hear the spin job the sports pundits are going to be spewing out tomorrow on why the Browns beating the Colts still doesn't mean they're a good team.

All week I've been listening to people shit on this team because "oh, who have they beaten", or "Colts have the #1 defense in the league", etc.

Guaranteed they'll make the excuse of the colts having injuries on defense or some bullshit, but fuck'em all. The Browns are 4-1, and life is looking good. This one was for Browns nation.

On to Steelers week.

Rob Ninkovich ESPN 

Colts are a good team... but not perfect and they are still learning how to win. In other words they are much like us.

Today we were simply the better of two up-and-coming teams... in our house.

But in the end we were the team that took the next step today and that is cause for celebration... not elation.

Next week comes our next "next-step".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Next week comes our next "next-step".

Last week was their "next step" until this week, when the pundits said this is a "next step."

Not being argumentative here, but eff Pitt & the pundits. The Browns found a coach, hip hip hooray.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

The Browns found a coach, hip hip hooray.

Yes, we did... at long last. We could actually be set at HC for the better part of this decade.

All I am saying is we have come far, but have so much further to go. There are a lot of "next steps" in our future.

A big one is a mere 7 days away...

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes, we did... at long last. We could actually be set at HC for the better part of this decade.

All I am saying is we have come far, but have so much further to go. There are a lot of "next steps" in our future.

Agree. The Browns are learning how to win. 

A win in Pittsburgh is rare, hard, etc....I think the Browns can hang with Pitt. Survive the 1st Q, who knows, maybe we get the upset.

#WOOF

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One next step would be getting an LB corps as good as the Steelers.  There we are certainly deficient in comparison.

But that is an offseason issue. 

41 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

A win in Pittsburgh is rare, hard, etc....I think the Browns can hang with Pitt.

We agree...

A lot of ghosts in the stadiums that have stood or currently stand at "the confluence" to exorcise.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

One next step would be getting an LB corps as good as the Steelers.  There we are certainly deficient in comparison.

But that is an offseason issue. 

I'm willing to give some of ours time to get better. We sure got to see the speed from Phillips yesterday on that wide play. Add a dominant Mike and I think we get cured in a hurry.

15 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

On to Steelers week.

I don't know you might get that from colin cowherd but almost all the power rankings have the browns cracking the top ten now. I think, like many fans, there's muted excitement for the team on a national level but the specter of "same old browns" is hard to shake. 

I wish the afc north weren't the god-damn legion of doom right now. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Last week was their "next step" until this week, when the pundits said this is a "next step."

Not being argumentative here, but eff Pitt & the pundits. The Browns found a coach, hip hip hooray.

That's just it. We've got a young, smart, organized coach. He's going to be our coach for a long time, I feel it. FINALLY. Do you know how lucky we are to get him? We interviewed him before hiring Freddie and really liked him, but we went with Freddie. Thank God he was still available the following season! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

He's going to be our coach for a long time...

Relatively speaking or in absolute terms... :)

I hear ya... agree he's the best we've seen in a long time... but I've been finding myself wondering,  "Who will be our DC next year?" I'm happy with Woods. I think he's getting the best out of a limited assemblage of D-side personnel, but think he'll get a HC gig somewhere.

I hadn't come up with a replacement name until right now... when Quinn just crossed my mind.

Quinn was a really good DC in SEA. We were after him to be HC once upon a time and many here were backing him. Not sure why he flopped in ATL, especially after getting so close to the mountain top in only his 2nd year...

CHECK THAT...

His first two years in ATL Shanny-the-Younger was his OC. When he left for SF's head job ATL's the slide began.

Same could happen to Stef without a talented DC at his side.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I hear ya... agree he's the best we've seen in a long time... but I've been finding myself wondering,  "Who will be our DC next year?" I'm happy with Woods. I think he's getting the best out of a limited assemblage of D-side personnel, but think he'll get a HC gig somewhere.

I hadn't come up with a replacement name until right now... when Quinn just crossed my mind.

Quinn was a really good DC in SEA. We were after him to be HC once upon a time and many here were backing him. Not sure why he flopped in ATL, especially after getting so close to the mountain top in only his 2nd year...

CHECK THAT...

His first two years in ATL Shanny-the-Younger was his OC. When he left for SF's head job ATL's the slide began.

Yeah, that always reminds me of Jim Schwartz, who is back at DC after being a HC for the Lions. 

The problem you have to solve with that is that it works if the HC has, in my opinion, some kind of leverage on the ex HC, say experience, friendship or whatever.

Best example is Hue Jackson having Gregg Williams as DC and Todd Haley as OC and telling them 'you don't know how is it on this seat' or something like that... When both of them had been HC earlier. 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

CHECK THAT...

Too much credit to Dan Quinn for SEA success defensively.

Not enough credit given to the OG architect - Gus Bradley.

I wouldn't take a guy (Quinn) who, as a HC, can't get his defense to play rather simple zone replacements.  Especially when you're a defensive minded HC.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Nero said:

Best example is Hue Jackson having Gregg Williams as DC and Todd Haley as OC and telling them 'you don't know how is it on this seat' or something like that... When both of them had been HC earlier. 

Please don't stir up the Huey PTSD!😱 As soon as Clueless Hueless said that I figured everything would collapse around him. You just can't be that stupid unless you are.🙄