THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***

Ibleedbrown

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

D'Ernest "went off" against the 'Boyz... prolly the worst D in the league... with 95 yards on 13 carries... and it's all been downhill from there...

And in Week 6 he put the ball on the ground.

I like the kid, but sometimes there's a reason a RB's snap count dwindles.

image.png.87a9dd37728bf6208b92c9091f8da37b.png

I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 

Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think the reason had more to do with the circumstances of each game.  Week 6 playing from extreme deficit and week 7 playing a team that didn’t want to be bludgeoned by the run game.  In each contest we threw the ball more frequently. 

Prior to that could his “stock”  have been any higher?  He had arguably one of the biggest plays of the game sealing the victory against the Colts  and staying in bounds to keep the clock going.

Wasn't Teller still playing in that game..?

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Teller went out early in that game.  The run was toward the end over the left side with a great block from a guy that was actually in the doghouse (Higgins)

Okay... I don't know why I couldnt remember that... Been a lot going on my life at the moment...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Besides a runnin' pissin' contest with Dutch? :)

Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz... And I'm not into pissing contests...  No one really wins in the end...

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

OK I’m sorry I did leave an open thing that you’re in capable of extrapolating from. You have to squat to P because you have a pussy pussy. 

Sorry... You are wrong again... as usual..

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Medical issues...  My Sister got married and stuff... birthdays.. all kinds of jazz...

Sorry to hear of the med stuff.... but the rest sounds positive... :)

As for the jazz... I always thought I got a lil  Larry Coryell vibe off your avatar... ;)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sorry to hear of the med stuff.... but the rest sounds positive... :)

As for the jazz... I always thought I got a lil  Larry Coryell vibe off your avatar... ;)

Larry was/is great... I'm more of a Rock/blues with elements of jazz mixed in kind of player.... I was sort of influenced by everything and just developed my own style what ever that is.. I never set out to reinvent the instrument like Eddie and other notables... I just wanted to play good guitar... And mainly have fun... I almost got to make the big time.. But alcohol use of a band member thwarted that dream.. But hey.. No regrets... It wasn't meant to be... And I'm plenty ok with that... :)

Heres a little little live remake I did with a jam track of Hold the Line I found.. Its not perfect because I was dealing with a cut I got on my pinky from sliding lol.. oh well.. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfXzNBDGEr/

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

No personal attacks and name calling please.  :)  I'll just delete 'em as fast as I see them.

Every time I try to have an exchange with him he starts in on me and insinuates everyone but him is stupid... I got nothing personal against the man.. I respect the fact he is a man of the law on the judiciary side... So I at least have the mindset to respect his position... And give his experience the benefit of the doubt in dealing with the lives of others... But then the name callin starts...

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Guys, if you need another jolt of happiness, watch this video. At the end keep your eyes on Joel Bitonio. He waits for the replay and after its confirmed he literally PRANCES off the field while high-stepping. Lol! 

I like this view because it shows how well DPJ uses his frame. He used the slightest push off as #23 Phillips was turning for the ball. Excellent timing and placement from Baker and great body control from Peoples-Jones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I like this view because it shows how well DPJ uses his frame. He used the slightest push off as #23 Phillips was turning for the ball. Excellent timing and placement from Baker and great body control from Peoples-Jones.

It's one for the ages for sure...

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Every time I try to have an exchange with him he starts in on me and insinuates everyone but him is stupid... I got nothing personal against the man.. I respect the fact he is a man of the law on the judiciary side... So I at least have the mindset to respect his position... And give his experience the benefit of the doubt in dealing with the lives of others... But then the name callin starts...

You made a mind numbingly stupid post. Therefore that’s what I called. Sorry you couldn’t handle the truth. I also have nothing against you. It’s just that you have something personal against Beckham clearly. So I called you on it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Jealous of needing mental meds? No, not at all. You should be ashamed. 

Well it is shameful that I have to lower myself to the standard of a couple of neurotic morons Whose entire focus in these threads has been their personal hatred  toward a player On the team they supposedly Root for. OBJ is a major loss despite what are you and the other numbnutted number think. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You made a mind numbingly stupid post. Therefore that’s what I called. Sorry you couldn’t handle the truth. I also have nothing against you. It’s just that you have something personal against Beckham clearly. So I called you on it.

You are a hypocrite... You're nothing more than a over paid Loser...

On 10/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, nickers said:

Heres a little little live remake I did with a jam track of Hold the Line I found.. Its not perfect because I was dealing with a cut I got on my pinky from sliding lol.. oh well.. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfXzNBDGEr/

lol... loved your lil vocal at the very end...

Far from my fav track ever, but was worth watching... especially the flying fingers in the solo.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 8:49 AM, jiggins7919 said:

On 10/27/2020 at 9:16 AM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Showed me something about the play I had not grasped from the TV shot... Bake's throw was a backshoulder throw.

Still a tad underthrown to my eye, but certainly not as egregious as when I assumed it was intended for the back corner.

Now we can discuss the wisdom of the backshoulder choice when the WR has the better part of a step on his DB... but it does take the Safety out of the play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... loved your lil vocal at the very end...

Far from my fav track ever, but was worth watching... especially the flying fingers in the solo.

Thanks... People may question My football takes and that's okay... I don't expect everyone to agree w/me.. But I truly know music.. It's my lifeblood.. Been playing instruments since I was 6 years old... I always had natural ability.. Started out on Trumpet...  Went on to percussion.. Taught myself Piano and drums... Took guitar lessons for about a year just to get the basics together.. The rest I did on my own and would go watch the best guitarists in town.. One of them became my best friend.. we've been asshole buddies since we were teenagers.. Once had the privlidge of opening up for Styx,Bad Co and Billy Squire with the band I was playing with at the time... Played with and earned the respect of local musicians who are world class players who had toured with the likes of Barbara Mandrell and other notables... Almost made the bigtime... But a band members alcoholism destroyed that dream.. All in all.. I have no regrets... Sometimes things aren't meant to be.. I'll go to my grave knowing I gave it everything I had... I sacrificed a lot for it... But, it's all good...

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, Tour2ma said:

Tell ya one thing... if Dunlap really is on the outs with the staff as the announcers intimated, I'm chatting with their GM before I leave town this afternoon to get a sense of what it might take to line him up opposite MG.

... and now Carlos is a Seahawk...

Cincinnati Bengals trade Carlos Dunlap to Seattle Seahawks

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals' career sack leader is on the move.

Veteran defensive end Carlos Dunlap has been traded to the Seattle Seahawks for offensive lineman B.J. Finney and a seventh-round pick in the 2021 NFL draft, it was announced Wednesday.

The Seahawks' defense has allowed the most yards of any team through six games in NFL history, and their pass rush has been a primary issue. The unit has only nine sacks through six games and didn't even register an official hit on Kyler Murray during an overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday night.

Due to having to go through COVID-19 protocols, the earliest Dunlap could make his Seahawks debut is Week 9 at Buffalo.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as hell but I'm excited," Dunlap said on Instagram story about joining the Seahawks. "... It's all up from here. It's all up from here. Let's go. I get to play. Above all, I get to play."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30208585/cincinnati-bengals-trade-carlos-dunlap-seattle-seahawks-source-says

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Now we can discuss the wisdom of the backshoulder choice when the WR has the better part of a step on his DB... but it does take the Safety out of the play.

What I really noticed was that little push off that absolutely made the play. The defender was slightly off balance and couldn't adjust to the throw which plopped right into his lap. A savvy veteran move, and fortunate enough to not have it called! It's kind of poetic because they got away with several as well. 😂