THE BROWNS BOARD

The Herd: OBJ, Baker just didn't jive

Icecube

21 hours ago, Icecube said:

His sources tell him OBJ and Baker just don't dovetail, and it's not a knock on either of them, but they just haven't made a good combination. Baker has been pressured to make OBJ workout and feels forced into it, which is why the offense doesn't flow as well as it should. 

I get what common sense says especially since Baker broke the Browns record after OBJ went out. Let’s not forget that OBJ played a huge role in beating Dallas and IND.

I do feel as if Baker was too inexperienced to receive such a polarizing weapon. However, I also think that having OBJ has boosted Mayfield’s development.

If anyone ever asks me why I waste any of my precious time on this forum, I will point them to this thread.

It's Magically Delicious and is a glimpse into my own mind 24/7/365. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am wrong to think that you had perhaps even the mental acuity of an amoeba. You don't.

And I repeat, NO ONE has any interest in another of your hate rants.

Listen, you're from Akron, not the most sophisticated place in the world. But confusing accuracy for hatred is still not acceptable. I know, I know, from your perspective, the world is dark, dirty, gray and hate-filled. But your perspective is not the fault of others. So, you're fit for a straight jacket because I was right, that's YOUR problem. And get your meds adjusted. Something is way off. 

28 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I get what common sense says especially since Baker broke the Browns record after OBJ went out. Let’s not forget that OBJ played a huge role in beating Dallas and IND.

I do feel as if Baker was too inexperienced to receive such a polarizing weapon. However, I also think that having OBJ has boosted Mayfield’s development.

I'm not sure OBJ has "boosted Baker's development." I feel Baker was pressured into finding OBJ on a lot of plays where OBJ was not the open WR. To me, that would hinder BM's development. But when the bossman spent all that $ and draft capitol on a player, he is not going to be pleased when that player doesn't work out. So, I am pretty sure there were meetings where Mr. Jimmy told Freddie and Stef (separately, obviously) - in no uncertain terms - "Get the ball to OBJ." But, it just wasn't meant to be. 

Again, I'm not even blaming OBJ as it lies. He's a very talented player, but it just didn't connect. They were not sympatico. And Colin stated many times no one was really to blame (I would lean towards blaming Mr. Jimmy for making a bad decision to begin with). How would things be different, if, for example, instead of trading for OBJ, they kept those draft picks and ended up grabbing a, I don't know, an A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf or Chase Claypool? What would that team look like? How much better would the chemistry be? 

I know some of the old timers are dispersing spittle over even the thought of OBJ not working out. Hey, the world isn't perfect. Look at the clusterF--k elections.   

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fun and Interesting Facts about Cereals

History of breakfast cereals, as we know them today, is relatively short (circa 150 years) but there are still some interesting facts that could be told about them.

• The cereal industry in the United States uses over 400 million kilograms of sugar per year.
  • Kellogg's Corn Flakes were eaten by astronauts aboard Apollo 11 which made the first landing on the Moon. The cereal was mixed with fruit and pressed into cubes to make them easier to eat in the conditions of zero gravity.
  • Term “cereals” comes from Ceres, ancient Roman goddess of agriculture.
  • Kellogg's breakfast cereals “Honey Smacks” and “Golden Crisp” have more than 50% sugar.
  • 50% of Americans eat cereals for breakfast every day.
  • The first cereal was so-called “Granula”. It had to be soaked in water whole night before it could be prepared for eating.
  • Advertisement of cereals started targeting children after the Second World War.
  • Americans eat 50 kg of cereal per person every year or 160 bowls.
  • Today's breakfast cereals that are healthier are more often targeted at adults.
  • The most popular items sold in grocery stores are milk and carbonated beverages. After them come breakfast cereals.
  • The first mass-marketed commercial item to offer a prize was Corn Flakes.
  • One of the predecessors of breakfast cereal was popcorn which American colonists used to eat with cream and sugar.
  • Puffed cereal is made in pressure cookers. The first pressure cooker for this purpose was made from a converted cannon that was used in the Spanish-American war.
  • Breakfast cereals were invented in 19th century as an answer to a very unhealthy eating habits of the people of that time and as bland food that will calm the passions according to the Seventh-day Adventists which invented it.
  • Cheerios were first called “Cheerioats” but Quaker Oates complained so the name was changed in 1945.
  • Quaker Oats gave an interesting prize in their cereals in the 1950s. As an advertisement for their cereals and a CBS’s TV show “Sergeant Preston of the Yukon” they gave a deed of land for one square inch of Yukon land for every box top from their cereal.
  • John Draper (AKA Captain Crunch, named after Cap'n Crunch breakfast cereal mascot) used plastic whistle that was a prize in Cap'n Crunch breakfast cereal to make free phone calls in the 1970s.
  • Cereals are a rich source of fiber.
  • Kellogg's, General Mills, Post, and Quaker Oats are the four greatest manufacturers of breakfast cereals.
  • Fruit_Brute_Cereal "Fruit Brute” was a brand of cereals sold in 1970s by General Mills and later discontinued. Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino has some of the boxes of original “Fruit Brute” and he uses them in his films as a director's trademark.
  • The first company to have an advertisement on the Times Square billboard in New York was Kellogg's.
  • Battle Creek, Michigan is considered the "Cereal Capital of the World" because it is the hometown of Kellogg and Post, two of the four largest cereal manufacturers in the world.
  • The full name of “Cap'n Crunch” mascot is Horatio Magellan Crunch. His place of birth is Crunch Island in the Sea of Milk.
  • Over 2.7 billion packages of cereal are sold every year.
  • The first “monster cereal” produced by General Mills in the 1970s was “Count Chocula”. It is still produced today but it is sold only around Halloween.
  • One bushel of wheat (36 liters) can produce 53 boxes of breakfast cereals.
  • United States are only 4th in world-wide cereal consumption. Before them are Ireland, England and Australia.

Personally, I don't care about your pink poop, and you might want to give your doc a stool sample and see what's up with that. 

OBJ is what happens when the owner thinks he is a football man. Mr. Jimmy is not. According to Colin's inside source, OBJ may have played his last game in a Brown's jersey. Don't kill the messenger. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm not sure OBJ has "boosted Baker's development." I feel Baker was pressured into finding OBJ on a lot of plays where OBJ was not the open WR. To me, that would hinder BM's development. But when the bossman spent all that $ and draft capitol on a player, he is not going to be pleased when that player doesn't work out. So, I am pretty sure there were meetings where Mr. Jimmy told Freddie and Stef (separately, obviously) - in no uncertain terms - "Get the ball to OBJ." But, it just wasn't meant to be. 

I think it’s clear that Baker was thinking too much with OBJ on the field. So yea, it appeared as if OBJ hindered his development. I just don’t think it has some negative impact on Baker’s future. It’s a good thing that he got to play with high level receivers early in his career.

49 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I think it’s clear that Baker was thinking too much with OBJ on the field. So yea, it appeared as if OBJ hindered his development. I just don’t think it has some negative impact on Baker’s future. It’s a good thing that he got to play with high level receivers early in his career.

Yea, I agree, it doesn't have to hinder his future. I just hope he finds a groove like he did vs. Cinci where he sees the whole field and finds the open guy, like the best QBs learn to do, like a Montana or Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

OBJ sometimes wears a skirt.  He has to be the center of attention, some up to many times.  He's gotta be a little weird.  But none of that should matter in between the lines, whether it be practice or games.  If having a star receiver, who is perceived by current and past team mates as a GOOD team mate, makes your QB a worse QB...then you have the wrong QB.

The Browns are more difficult to defend with OBJ on the team.  And the QB had better be able to 'jive' with him in between the lines.  (and we ain't talking Josh Gordon 'lines') 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Listen, you're from Akron, not the most sophisticated place in the world. But confusing accuracy for hatred is still not acceptable. I know, I know, from your perspective, the world is dark, dirty, gray and hate-filled. But your perspective is not the fault of others. So, you're fit for a straight jacket because I was right, that's YOUR problem. And get your meds adjusted. Something is way off. 

I am from outside of Akron....and trust me, where I am from, metaphysically is on a much higher plane than you no matter what the physical location, because you are an ignorant stupid man, who lives in a world of pink poop .  (And I suggest that you are too gutless to tell us where you live). 

And my perspective is that it is YOU who lives in the hate filled world.  I haven't been the one to start a dozen "I hate OBJ" threads.  

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Again, I'm not even blaming OBJ as it lies. He's a very talented player, but it just didn't connect. They were not sympatico. And Colin stated many times no one was really to blame (I would lean towards blaming Mr. Jimmy for making a bad decision to begin with). How would things be different, if, for example, instead of trading for OBJ, they kept those draft picks and ended up grabbing a, I don't know, an A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf or Chase Claypool? What would that team look like? How much better would the chemistry be? 

I know some of the old timers are dispersing spittle over even the thought of OBJ not working out. Hey, the world isn't perfect. Look at the clusterF--k elections.   

Emoji happy GIF on GIFER - by Moriel

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Personally, I don't care about your pink poop, and you might want to give your doc a stool sample and see what's up with that. 

OBJ is what happens when the owner thinks he is a football man. Mr. Jimmy is not. According to Colin's inside source, OBJ may have played his last game in a Brown's jersey. Don't kill the messenger. 

According to my inside source YOU ARE "My" pink poop among other colors.

Rainbow Emoji Sticker for iOS & Android | GIPHY

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

This is the part I am not understanding, what and how were you right???

Your premise that they may not gel together seems to have a lot of merit.

But when multiple times you have said he would be traded very soon, then only be a Brown one year etc. and it has still yet to happen then that isn't being right. And your answer to that can't be they didn't get the compensation they needed. You didn't qualify it. 

And I see you had no reply to the Colin thing. Glad I could help you see the light for him.

Whether I agree or disagree with your take on OBJ is a moot point. But I do take issue with using someone like Cowherd to be a real source for quality. When that is proven to be not even close to the truth.

NFL Network reported Sunday morning, “There’s a very real possibility that he has played his final game with the Cleveland Browns.”

Berry seemed prepared for this round.

“I feel like this is a question I’ve literally addressed every week since I took the job,” he said told media on a Wednesday Zoom call. “So really at this point in time, I really don’t see a difference.”

Beckham has three years remaining on a five-year, $90 million extension he signed while still with the Giants, and the Browns are already looking forward to his 2021 campaign.

“Honestly, our focus with Odell, Odell is one of the best receivers in the NFL,” Berry said. “He played really good football for us before he was injured. He’s done a fantastic job with his teammates at practice, he’s embraced the organization, he’s under contract for multiple years.

“So our focus with Odell is making sure he recovers from the ACL tear. We want him to be healthy and ready to go next year. But we’re pleased with him.”

https://nypost.com/2020/11/04/odell-beckham-rumors-browns-gm-not-planning-to-trade-wr/

Plus I keep going back to my memory of the sideline shot of Baker between Landry and OBJ with all three cutting up and laughing...

Want to say it was the Dallas game after we went up 2 TDs in the 2nd half... but not sure.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm sure you'd like that but I don't roll that way. No offense, live your life as you wish as long as you don't harm anyone. 

You are so dumb that you don't even know when you have been called a piece of shit.  And, I think you do roll that way, after all, it was YOU, again, that started the whole  OBJ likes to be shit on thread. 

Nigga if your poop is pink then you have a - #129824167 added by  doctorsorders at Random Anime Facts

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are so dumb that you don't even know when you have been called a piece of shit.  And, I think you do roll that way, after all, it was YOU, again, that started the whole  OBJ likes to be shit on thread. 

Nigga if your poop is pink then you have a - #129824167 added by  doctorsorders at Random Anime Facts

Old men from Akron.....you gotta love it. You really need to get out of that place for at least a while and experience how life is in other places. Maybe your pink poop problem will clear up.  Akron went to hell as big rubber all shut down; the mass layoffs crushed the economy. It reminds me of when the Cleveland's flats just imploded. 

Get those meds checked!

Old men from Akron.....you gotta love it. You really need to get out of that place for at least a while and experience how life is in other places. Maybe your pink poop problem will clear up.  Akron went to hell as big rubber all shut down; the mass layoffs crushed the economy. It reminds me of when the Cleveland's flats just imploded. 

Get those meds checked!

Again you are too gutless to tell us where are you from not that it matters or from shit hole Alabama probably or some fucked up place like that I mean where are you probably are the result of incest. And the question is why are you a Browns fan supposedly?  

On 11/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

they had a clip of our gm on espn the other day....what's his name....berry.....it appears he is not happy at all with mayfield.....it looks to me that ol baker is going to have to have a hell of a second half of the season to be the qb of this team....first of all anyone playing dallas should get a boost....that 50 yd td run yodell had where he started about 15 yds behind the los...it that was the steelers d, he would have got his fucking head ripped off....so don't look at dallas as a confidence booster...jeeez...the bottom line is ,,,the yodell baker state farm mayfield projiect was a bust....

On 11/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, Icecube said:

According to an inside source, OBJ and Baker never really hit it off, on the field or off. 

As a matter of fact, it was so far off from working out, that the source said OBJ may have played his last game in Cleveland. 

I warned of this long ago, and now it appears I was right all along. 

you be right.......the gm has baker on his radar now also....obj is gone.....baker might be to if he does not come up with a really good second half of the season....gm righ now is not on his side....can't blame him at all....overall, ole statefarm baker is a below avg qb...not the kind you want to guide you to a championship...

45 minutes ago, browns52 said:

you be right.......the gm has baker on his radar now also....obj is gone.....baker might be to if he does not come up with a really good second half of the season....gm righ now is not on his side....can't blame him at all....overall, ole statefarm baker is a below avg qb...not the kind you want to guide you to a championship...

I applaud you for your honesty and insight. Some fans are freaked out by the truth. 

10 hours ago, browns52 said:

they had a clip of our gm on espn the other day....what's his name....berry.....it appears he is not happy at all with mayfield.....it looks to me that ol baker is going to have to have a hell of a second half of the season to be the qb of this team....first of all anyone playing dallas should get a boost....that 50 yd td run yodell had where he started about 15 yds behind the los...it that was the steelers d, he would have got his fucking head ripped off....so don't look at dallas as a confidence booster...jeeez...the bottom line is ,,,the yodell baker state farm mayfield projiect was a bust....

Berry praised Baker.

From the sounds of it, you’re just a sh$t fan who doesn’t support players who have contributed to wins.

Idk why I’m responding to such a post 

• Thanks 1