THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Eagles at Browns Gameday Thread

Zombo

Sendejo is just too stupid to play football.  Every game he shows it at least once. Probably twice. I wish I had a TV #23 ignore button.

Eagles oline is very good at holding, no calls. Browns defense played to kick ass. 7 and 3 !!!

ratburds are tied in overtime with the Titans. GO TITANS !!!

EDIT: Titans 30 stupid stinking ratbirds 24 Final 

AWESOME !

• Upvote 1

What can I say about this game? Well, we won and that's all that matters, lol. More to come later! Had a great time in the Tavern and it's always fun spending time with my dad. Not pretty and I don't care. We're built for this time of year and we're beating bad teams. Keep it rolling next week and let's GO! 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Olivier Vernon appears to be the replacement we've been looking for all season to start for Olivier Vernon.

Hahahahaha. He was a man possessed today. 

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The whole team stepped out of the shadow of "The Man" today. Very proud of them!! I bet Myles is still jumping up and down with glee about it.

They really did, and it was scary early. Eagles were just running all over us for big yards. Funny thing is, they NEVER ran on 3rd down, even when it was 3rd and 3 or 4. I didn't understand their play calling at all. 

We're not a complete defense, and we understand that. We have to get Mack and Sendejo replaced post haste. That being said, they made some plays today. Taki made the play of the day and slowly ran to the end zone. That was awesome! So many things to write about, but perhaps nothing more important than us catching the biggest break of the year. Baker fumbled again and refs called forward progress and blew the whistle. Yikes. 

But I'll take it! 

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

lol at the announcers, "I don't like to call pass interference when I see that, let the boys fight"

That was a horrible non-call.   

3 hours ago, Nero said:

We have the best RB duo in the league, and I'm grateful that Stefanski kept calling runs even after many plays with few yards per carry. It's not the first game we come up big on 4th quarter. 

Defense playing well, Dline stepping up after missing Garrett was a must. Ward is the man.

7-3. Let's fucking go. 

But without those 9 defensive points- we lose...  Ward and Hunt- the Cleveland connection. Both local guys. 

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The whole team stepped out of the shadow of "The Man" today. Very proud of them!! I bet Myles is still jumping up and down with glee about it.

I'll bet he's saying- "if I could have played, I could have padded my sack total a bunch"....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I'll bet he's saying- "if I could have played, I could have padded my sack total a bunch"....  

More likely he was saying, "With all those guys playing so well on film, I bet I can pad my total next game."😂

I thought Baker had a good game.  Sure he missed a couple throws but no INTs. He got by my count 3 offside penalties on hard counts. He had a genius play fake that made Josh Sweat look foolish.  Lots of little things this game.  He Made some big third down conversions on good throws. 

Ward had maybe his best game as a Pro.  Big hit on the INT, but just played a good young WR very tough. 

I thought the Oline played a good front very well. 
Wills gave up the sack early in game I thought played well then throughout.  Schwartz sold out to stop the run and it didn’t matter in the 4th.

I said welcome to Cleveland to Vernon.  Father Time caught up with Peters but Vernon had a couple bull rush high motor sacks that made me think of his days with the the Dolphins.

Doug Pederson play calls wow...awful. 
What happened to Wentz?

35 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I thought Baker had a good game.  Sure he missed a couple throws but no INTs. He got by my count 3 offside penalties on hard counts. Made some big third down conversions on good throws. 

The announcers mentioned something about Baker during the game that l agree with: his fake handoff game is strong. 

He seems to have some next level nuances going for him in that regard where the defense and cameramen alike aren’t sure who has the ball right away. 

Agree with most of the above Re: our Mr. Mayfield, however, the concern I am developing is his inability to lead receivers with throws.

• We saw it in shorter throws to his TEs in the endzone, one short, one long.
  • We saw it in mediums to Higgie high and Hodge low in out routes.
  • We saw it deep to Hodge who had to make a diving stretch for a nice gain that might have been 6 if hit in stride.

I'm hard-pressed to remember his last in-stride throw.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm hard-pressed to remember his last in-stride throw.

His very first one to Hodge was on the screws, but other than that, you're right. It's a problem and I'm not quite sure what the issue is either. 

43 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

His very first one to Hodge was on the screws, but other than that, you're right. It's a problem and I'm not quite sure what the issue is either. 

Ever been dove hunting? Got to shoot where they are gonna be, not where they are. And the further the shot the harder to lead accurately. Plus like receivers they don't fly in straight lines most of the time. And sometimes they change to a course you were not exactly expecting.🙄🕊️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ever been dove hunting? Got to shoot where they are gonna be, not where they are. And the further the shot the harder to lead accurately. Plus like receivers they don't fly in straight lines most of the time. And sometimes they change to a course you were not exactly expecting.🙄🕊️

I learned that the best way to kill a grouse is to just shoot from the hip. 

Let's just say that my dad was NOT an exuberant guy who handed out a lot of compliments, at all. But when I did that when out hunting with him when I was a teen, he was very impressed with it.   My recollection is that he was more proud of me for that than for like  getting a college degree ....or getting a law degree.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I learned that the best way to kill a grouse is to just shoot from the hip. 

Let's just say that my dad was NOT an exuberant guy who handed out a lot of compliments, at all. But when I did that when out hunting with him when I was a teen, he was very impressed with it.   My recollection is that he was more proud of me for that than for like  getting a college degree ....or getting a law degree.

Gip, did I ever share with you my funny story of my Dad the Expert Army small arms trainer in WW II? If not I will PM it to you.

Thank You football gods!! 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-ronnie-harrison-avoids-serious-injury/   

If anybody wanted to play the Jaguars next week? That'd be one Ronnie Harrison 🤞               

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ever been dove hunting? Got to shoot where they are gonna be, not where they are.

No... but used to Skeet shoot so I've dusted a few clays... ;) We had regulation skeet and trap ranges at our Recreation area back in my working days. Dusted my first one ever on station one... should have quit right then. Biggest rule... don't stop the swing of the barrel along its path as you pull the trigger.

You won't hit a thing... if you ain't got that swing... do-wop... do-wop do-wop...

Never did like or have the same modest degree of success at trap tho... too frantic for my skill level... but I never did shoot anyone in the face.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

@Tour2ma  what's the situation like with Cooks in Hou?  Wondering if the Browns break with ODB in the off-season, might we chase a vertical threat as a role player for this offense? 

Dunno tia... latest is that the Texans' CEO is asking Watson what team should do. May not have gotten player specific, but if it did and  I'm Watson, then the last thing I want to advise is a total tear down starting with my WR room and going all the way thru JJ and the core of the D.

Haven't seen signs a fire sale start there yet, and doubt we will now but if they did hold one, then agree that Cooks would be a good target for us. That said my fear is that they'd ship JJ to the Steelers.

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No... but used to Skeet shoot so I've dusted a few clays... ;) We had regulation skeet and trap ranges at our Recreation area back in my working days. Dusted my first one ever on station one... should have quit right then. Biggest rule... don't stop the swing of the barrel along its path as you pull the trigger.

You won't hit a thing... if you ain't got that swing... do-wop... do-wop do-wop...

Never did like or have the same modest degree of success at trap tho... too frantic for my skill level... but I never did shoot anyone in the face.

ah, the old clay pigeons - I was good at those. Back in the day, when I was dating my Wife, we visiting my aunt in WV, and we hiked up the mountain. They had a deer camp up there - and I asked her if she'd like to learn to shoot my rifle, she said sure. So, I showed her how to shoot safely, set up about 8 beer cans on a log about 15 yards away. She grinned at me, and hauled off and nailed every one on the targets in just a few seconds. She grinned at me, and said she dated a guy and they both worked at his uncle's gun shop.......

Then some years later, we were on a cruise with a whole bunch of friends. She signed up to shoot skeet on the back of the cruise ship. Now, the cruise ship moves - the seas weren't all that still. I was on a balcony overlooking when she had her turn to shoot. Some redneck guys below me were betting money on if she's even hit one. I looked down, and said they might want to not lose their money...they looked up and said "uh oh, she is your Wife?" I grinned and said "yep". They laughed, put their money back in their pockets.

And she nailed every single one of those clay pigeons. Didn't miss one.

Anyways, I just wanted to repost? these three parts of the Browns/Eagles game:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330613199532650496

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330612137862049792

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330977064225181696