THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 13: CLE @ TN... "there's thirteen hundred and fifty two Guitar pickers in Nashville"

Tour2ma

On 11/30/2020 at 10:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

Really, Hodge??? REALLY!

Browns’ KhaDarel Hodge: ‘I don’t look at the Titans like a super team; they can get beat like anybody else’

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/11/browns-khadarel-hodge-i-dont-look-at-the-titans-like-a-super-team-they-can-get-beat-like-anybody-else.html

On 12/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, D Bone said:

Kids today...Instead try:

Just shut your mouth. Do your job. Point to the score board at the end of the game. Go back to having your face 7" away from your phone every waking minute. 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Today's practice reports...

Unsurprisingly  😇

Bad news is that Hodge was added to LP list due to a hammie.

image.thumb.png.dd25c9025bf136904844ad473e460db0.png

1rXY.gif    riding the back of #95 via Nashville, TN.... 2vCR.gif     HaPPy Friday !!   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Really, Hodge??? REALLY!

BrownsKhaDarel Hodge: ‘I don’t look at the Titans like a super team; they can get beat like anybody else’

Lmao. Guess he wasn't around for the ass waxing they gave us last year. Although to be fair, we really beat ourselves badly. Even our 1 td drive to open the game had like 25 penalty yards, lol. 

Anyway, this game doesn't excite me.  I'll say this....even if we do get our asses kicked, it won't bother me. We're not a complete team yet and frankly we're not supposed to be owning heavy hitters yet. We're also banged up all to hell. I hope we win, but I won't be upset if we don't. But hey....you never know! GO BROWNS! 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Crystal Clear Mountain driving roadie weather in December 👍

HEY Norton!! ya See what happens when we don't Speak of Akron? :P... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/12/2/22062243/cleveland-browns-sign-jamal-davis-to-practice-squad Zips 🤐

Hopefully he works out 

• Like 1

Final Practice reports...

As expected Ward is out, but late addition Hodge and even later addition Taywan Taylor are as well.

Rest appear to be either healed-up or still simply resting-up...

image.thumb.png.849eb856e874c005bac985ca893897fe.png

And Titans report...

• Simmons looks to be on track to be a game-time decision... same for starting OG, Saffold.
  • Starting OT Wilson, TE Smith and CB Jackson are all Out.
  • Remainder, including Brown, Kelly and Landry are ready to go.

image.thumb.png.1d45cb310b6460db7f2ea2d02d944821.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Final Practice reports...

And Titans report...

• Simmons looks to be on track to be a game-time decision... same for starting OG, Saffold.
  • Starting OT Wilson, TE Smith and CB Jackson are all Out.
  • Remainder, including Brown, Kelly and Landry are ready to go.

image.thumb.png.1d45cb310b6460db7f2ea2d02d944821.png

LT 71 KELLY, DENNIS T/Phi                
LG 76 SAFFOLD, RODGER U/LAR  ? ankle   no depth            
C 60 JONES, BEN U/Hou 62 Brewer, Aaron CF20            
RG 64 Davis, Nate 19/3 75 Douglas, Jamil SF18 72 QUESSENBERRY, DAVID SF18        
RT 79 Wilson, Isaiah 20/1----WILL BE OUT   no depth  

Practice Squad? bring up to play RT*? Marshall Newhouse ? ? **protected 

PS 00 Kizer**, DeShone QB  🤔 83   66 Kemp, Brandon OT 00   95 Brown, Miles DT
PS 16   00 Adams, Paul OT 80   89   57 Ray, Wyatt OB--former Brown
PS 52   72 NEWHOUSE**, MARSHALL OT 00 Daniel, Trevor PT 00   59 Skipper**, Tuzar LB

We played Marshall Newhouse last season at New England.. started & took all 69 snaps at RT..

To me it boils down to protecting Baker. I don't mean in the pocket either - less pass attempts tends to equal more success for this offense including fewer turnovers.    So I'd expect to see a similar defensive deployment as we did last year against Tenn. 

Delayed 4th and 5th pressures, heavy zone looks, post snap rotations. Nothing mind blowing, but things that Baker has struggled with as far back as his rookie season.   If the running game takes over, the boot action works, then that's just great.  We can limit our QB's exposure in the passing game and eliminate turnovers while playing keep away.  

Magic number is 28 IMHO.  If Baker has to throw more than 28 times, I'd be willing to wager we get into trouble.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

To me it boils down to protecting Baker. I don't mean in the pocket either - less pass attempts tends to equal more success for this offense including fewer turnovers.    So I'd expect to see a similar defensive deployment as we did last year against Tenn. 

Delayed 4th and 5th pressures, heavy zone looks, post snap rotations. Nothing mind blowing, but things that Baker has struggled with as far back as his rookie season.   If the running game takes over, the boot action works, then that's just great.  We can limit our QB's exposure in the passing game and eliminate turnovers while playing keep away.  

Magic number is 28 IMHO.  If Baker has to throw more than 28 times, I'd be willing to wager we get into trouble.

I agree with around 28 because that means either our running game is not working or we got so far behind we got desperate.

Here are picks from one site. 4 of 4 pick the Titans straight up and 2 of 3 pick the Titans giving away 5.5 points.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2020/12/5/22155802/nfl-week-13-expert-picks-straight-up-winners-and-against-the-spread-from-the-phinsider

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Biggest Browns game since 2007. 

This game will tell us a lot regarding the 2020 Browns. 

I am not sure about that.  A few years back we were 7-4 and had some big games with playoff spots on the line.  Probably more important.  Then the powers that be insisted on putting JFF at the control, and the fuckers went and lost  5 in a row.   Whether the Browns win or lose this game will not seal, nor kill our playoff chances.

The big game in 2007 was the one in which the Browns cacked up a furball against a mediocre  Cincinnati team in the next to last game. 

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am not sure about that.  A few years back we were 7-4 and had some big games with playoff spots on the line.  Probably more important.  Then the powers that be insisted on putting JFF at the control, and the fuckers went and lost  5 in a row.   Whether the Browns win or lose this game will not seal, nor kill our playoff chances.

The big game in 2007 was the one in which the Browns cacked up a furball against a mediocre  Cincinnati team in the next to last game. 

Ooh, that is a good point, the Browns were in first place in November back in 2014. 

I wonder who on here were big Johnny Football fans? 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The big game in 2007 was the one in which the Browns cacked up a furball against the Bengals. 

Uggggggggh. I remember all too well. And then had to root for the damn Colts without Manning. (hint...didn't go well) 

With Hodge & Taylor both out, I guess Peoples-Jones will have to play.  And Ja'Marcus Bradley will have to be active.  -  Derrick WIllies is on the PS.

No air guitar this Sunday.  Would like to see the Red Carpet treatment.

2 hours ago, Vambo said:

Not even close to being important.  Isaiah Wilson is well on his way to being the biggest bust in Titans history. He's only seen the field once, and that was in the last game in the last few garbage time plays.  He's had two car wrecks, a DUI, COVID list twice including one where he was caught at a college campus party and nearly jumped out of a second story window. And then he's never been on Vrabel's good side in terms of actually playing football. He's well on his way to being cut.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, gumby73 said:

LT 71 KELLY, DENNIS T/Phi                
LG 76 SAFFOLD, RODGER U/LAR  ? ankle   no depth            
C 60 JONES, BEN U/Hou 62 Brewer, Aaron CF20            
RG 64 Davis, Nate 19/3 75 Douglas, Jamil SF18 72 QUESSENBERRY, DAVID SF18        
RT 79 Wilson, Isaiah 20/1----WILL BE OUT   no depth  

Practice Squad? bring up to play RT*? Marshall Newhouse ? ? **protected 

PS 00 Kizer**, DeShone QB  🤔 83   66 Kemp, Brandon OT 00   95 Brown, Miles DT
PS 16   00 Adams, Paul OT 80   89   57 Ray, Wyatt OB--former Brown
PS 52   72 NEWHOUSE**, MARSHALL OT 00 Daniel, Trevor PT 00   59 Skipper**, Tuzar LB

We played Marshall Newhouse last season at New England.. started & took all 69 snaps at RT..

Quessenberry is playing LT right now....did pretty good last week. We wish we still had Jack Conklin but he was too expensive after we didn't pick up his 5th year option.

Dennis Kelly is a reliable RT but not the same talent as Conklin. But Kelly is easily the best trade (from the Eagles, for a WR who is out of the league now) that the Titans have gotten in recent memory.

As I said before, Isaiah Wilson will probably never play another snap as a Titan. Too much trouble, on and off the field.

We need Saffold to play...if not, it may be a long day on the O-line.

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

He's had two car wrecks, a DUI, COVID list twice including one where he was caught at a college campus party and nearly jumped out of a second story window

Sucks to have a pick wasted like that.  We been there.  We done that.

6 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Yes, you have. And it was bigger news since it was your star QB.

But beyond Johnny there were so many more 1st rounders whiffed upon.  You don't get to suck as bad, or for as long as we had without being bad at the draft.  It took a herculean effort by our owner to make sure he hired a litany of bad coaches and GMs.

You think Tannehill is better than Baker?  I can't argue that, as I'm not sure how good Baker really is....but I really wouldn't want to have to count on either of them having to take the team on their back to win games.  I think they both need the running games that they've got.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

But beyond Johnny there were so many more 1st rounders whiffed upon.  You don't get to suck as bad, or for as long as we had without being bad at the draft.  It took a herculean effort by our owner to make sure he hired a litany of bad coaches and GMs.

You think Tannehill is better than Baker?  I can't argue that, as I'm not sure how good Baker really is....but I really wouldn't want to have to count on either of them having to take the team on their back to win games.  I think they both need the running games that they've got.

Your owner is well known in these parts. It's amazing that he was a pretty good at the truck stop business....well, federal indictments not withstanding. His brother was a much better governor.

Tannehill isn't Mahomes, but who is? But he's proved his mettle around here and I'll take him against most opponents we face. Having Henry in the backfield does make his life easier. But you still have to connect with receivers and make good decisions. His TD/INT ratio is still excellent.

He's still not the most physically talented in the AFC south....that honor still goes to Deshawn Watson who is having a good year now that their coach was fired. But it's probably too late to sneak into the playoffs considering their start.

One thing about our defense....every now and then we make opposing QBs look like they belong in Canton, regardless of their skill level. I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those games.

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

Tannehill isn't Mahomes, but who is? But he's proved his mettle around here and I'll take him against most opponents we face

Mrs. Wife likes the Dolphins.  I didn't think much of him while he was there.  But he's on a solid team now and is winning.  Mayfield has been keeping the int's down of late and is winning.  Stronger arm, but airmails guys.  

Our defensive secondary is decimated.  If Myles can't force Tannehill into mistakes it could be a long day for us.  

Our owner seems like a crook.  (like so many high level business men)  How is it that Jimmy and the janitor are the only two guys that didn't know what was going on?

• Upvote 1

interesting:

"buy or sell - Chubb will win the rb yardage battle with Henry

don't know...

JUST WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.brownsnation.com/buy-or-sell-nick-chubb-outrushes-derrick-henry-in-matchup/