THE BROWNS BOARD

Drunken Thoughts Tenn Titan's

BobPOUND!

I have never wanted a win more than this one. All week to listen to the likes of Cowherd(Coward) telling us that Mayfield would be gone after this game, barring a win.. What bullshit. Sure, most of us(all of us?) have had our doubts on Mayfield. But only because the press keeps putting it in our heads. Mayfield has played his part in Stafanski's offensive scheme. And if you DISPASSIONATELY look at every game(as I have multiple times), Mayfield has finally bought into the scheme. It took the first half of the season for him to shake off this belief that HE is the man who must shoulder the team. Running around and heaving it down the field for that impossible throw!! Only it didn't work.. He more times than not got picked...

BUT within those horrible throws and decisions have been some absolutely incredible 3rd and X throws for first downs, many of them over 10 yards. But the last 5 games I have seen an entirely different Mayfield and the stats tell me I am not incorrect. NO INTERCEPTIONS. Not since that horrible pick in the Bengals game has he thrown a pick.  And honestly other than the ill timed fumble today, he's been down right stingy in giving up anything negative. He in a word is PERFECT for this offense. One where he isn't the star, he isn't the man who has to take the team up upon his shoulders and win. He is surrounded by talent and the Stafanski play book allows Baker to hand off(literally) the big plays to others.. But within this system it opens up BIG PLAYS for Mayfield once the ground has been plowed by the likes of Landry and Chubb and Hunt. This was a STAND OUT game for Mayfield and hopefully shows him that if he plays the role of "Game Manager", he can have 300 yard 4 TD passing days as he did today. 

But more than that was the Defense. I almost barfed in my mouth watching CBS pre-game anoint Derrik Henry as KING HENRY. And he was destined to run it at will against our shoddy defense. And I will be honest. I felt they might be right. But our defense stepped up to the task. First a 3 and out, followed by a strip of King Henry, his first in nearly several hundred runs, ending the longest streak in the NFL.. This is BROWNS FOOTBALL. Get a stingy lead in the first half and lean on the super DUO of Chubb and Hunt.. Allowing Mayfield to make those hard 3'rd and X plays that he seems to becoming a master at..

I cannot be more proud of this team as I am today. We have likely clinched out first playoff spot in years. But unlike that team of 2002(I was there for the Atlanta game that put us over the top), we are getting STRONGER not limping in. Each week I feel our team is getting better. We have 2 very hard games and hopefully 2 fairly easy games.. Depending on how Steelers finish the season, we could actually have THREE easy games(Pittsburgh likely will sit their starters on the last game of the season).. That means if we play the Ravens like we just played the Titans, we could be looking at a 13 and 3 season.... After watching them play the way they did today, this is not at all fantasy..  GO BROWNS.....

BobPound! (after drinking 5 Great Lakes IPA's and 2 UFO's. And my home bar FINALLY had to pay up on a free drink because the Browns were winning at half time!!!!) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

You can bet your bottom dollar tomorrow Cowturd will try and take credit for Bakers and the teams success tomorrow... The man is a true snake!!

• Upvote 1

Excellent OP Bob. Either way, with their starters on the bench or on the field, the Steelers are not going to expose anything new to us or the rest of the league in the last week. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

BobPound! (after drinking 5 Great Lakes IPA's and 2 UFO's. And my home bar FINALLY had to pay up on a free drink because the Browns were winning at half time!!!!) 

Lost track of the wine- and my pal Bob is going to have to start hitting wine.com to restock all the victory port we've been drinking. 1983 Taylor-(that's Portugal, not New York) and it was quite tasty. We don't mess with domestic or Australian knock offs.  :)  

• Like 1