THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers Lose - Playoff Implications

onkyoreceiver

We are now two games behind the Steelers and they have us, Indy and Buffalo left.  And I think Cincinnatti.   Our game and Buffalo they are on the road.  They are cratering and we could conceivably catch them.  The problem is if we beat them and end up with the same record, they will have  a better division record UNLESS the Bengals can pull off a huge upset.  Is there any other scenario where we end up tied with the Steelers with the same record and can take the division other than the Bengals beating them?  Of course, the Steelers could implode and lose to us, Indy and Buffalo and if we win out we could win the division outright.  It could happen.  They just let the Washington Football - at Heinz Field - come back from 14-0 down and beat them.  Anything is possible.  

• Upvote 1

Washington is a good team on a win steak of their own. Our offense is dropping the ball like crazy which is correctabke. They aren't going to just start dropping games. You need to lay off the bottle. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

We'll beat you.

If our wr's keep dropping the ball. It's a remarkable amount of drops in a small stretch of games. All correctable. You got your ass reamed the first time. You may want to bump the brakes. 

WFT has arguably the best DL in the game -- and they'd better since they have spent 5 of their last 9 first-round picks on it. Kerrigan, their rd1 in 2011, is their DE3 this season.

Kerrigan is UFA after this season -- if he's available I'd kick the tires, he's not pro bowl level any more but he has to be one of the top DL FA's.

10 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

We are now two games behind the Steelers and they have us, Indy and Buffalo left.  And I think Cincinnatti.   Our game and Buffalo they are on the road.  They are cratering and we could conceivably catch them.  The problem is if we beat them and end up with the same record, they will have  a better division record UNLESS the Bengals can pull off a huge upset.  Is there any other scenario where we end up tied with the Steelers with the same record and can take the division other than the Bengals beating them?  Of course, the Steelers could implode and lose to us, Indy and Buffalo and if we win out we could win the division outright.  It could happen.  They just let the Washington Football - at Heinz Field - come back from 14-0 down and beat them.  Anything is possible.  

You are correct, we need them to lose 4 games, but 3 games if one of losses is Cincinnati. 

Z

13 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Washington is a good team on a win steak of their own. Our offense is dropping the ball like crazy which is correctable. They aren't going to just start dropping games. You need to lay off the bottle. 

I only watched the first half. Will definitely watch the rest of the game now. :)  Steelers defense is still decent- even minus Dupree. Only a FG in the second half for your offense... 

Don't make excuses- you lost. Hmmm.... Though that loss may cost you the #1 seed in the playoffs... 

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

If our wr's keep dropping the ball. It's a remarkable amount of drops in a small stretch of games. All correctable. You got your ass reamed the first time. You may want to bump the brakes. 

They call Ebron "Droptimus Prime"

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I only watched the first half. Will definitely watch the rest of the game now. :)  Steelers defense is still decent- even minus Dupree. Only a FG in the second half for your offense... 

Don't make excuses- you lost. Hmmm.... Though that loss may cost you the #1 seed in the playoffs... 

Decent? It's more than decent. You can't have that many drops and expect to win. Drop city. 

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Cant run the ball anymore since munch left.

It's randy our oc. It has shit to do with munchak leaving. Decastro is also markedly worse im the run game to the point that I think he's still hurt. It is what it is, they played terribly and lost. Randy also can't be calling stretch plays with a north/south banger in Connor. (Same with snell who played today)

Randy called a draw on 3 and 10 today on our side of the field. It's inexcusable. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

It's randy our oc. It has shit to do with munchak leaving. Decastro is also markedly worse im the run game to the point that I think he's still hurt. It is what it is, they played terribly and lost. Randy also can't be calling stretch plays with a north/south banger in Connor. 

Fuck you and your squealers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You may want to bump the brakes. 

Pretty sure it's "pump the brakes."

But we'll make allowances for you being upset.

See what I did there? Cause "The Foottball Team" beat you when they weren't supposed to... a/k/a an "upset".

:)

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It's randy our oc. It has shit to do with munchak leaving. Decastro is also markedly worse im the run game to the point that I think he's still hurt. It is what it is, they played terribly and lost. Randy also can't be calling stretch plays with a north/south banger in Connor. (Same with snell who played today)

Randy called a draw on 3 and 10 today on our side of the field. It's inexcusable. 

It has alot to do with munch leaving...the Oline practically telegraphs where the play is going..easy to defend.

22 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Actually it's a good conservative call if you have a lead and a good Defense.

You failed to punch it in from the 1-yd line. The one pass was errant, not a drop. Three runs went for nada.

I'd say you missing Munchak is plausible.

4 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Vag called Washington a good team. 😂

He said the same of the Eagles... and his team only came close to losing to them. :)

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You failed to punch it in from the 1-yd line. The one pass was errant, not a drop. Three runs went for nada.

It was a terrible call. 

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

He said the same of the Eagles... and his team only came close to losing to them. :)

Are you suffering from short term memory loss? You all won 22-17 against the eagles and the WFT is not a bad team. Very underrated defense. I guess you all forgot the last time you had 9 wins Derek Anderson was at qb. You got your ass banged the first meeting too. Pump the brakes or you are going to look stupid. 

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And Mr. Stats you may want to check how many drops they have over the last two games. You trying to join gipper on the high porch?

13 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Are you suffering from short term memory loss? You all won 22-17 against the eagles and the WFT is not a bad team. Very underrated defense. I guess you all forgot the last time you had 9 wins Derek Anderson was at qb. You got your ass banged the first meeting too. Pump the brakes or you are going to look stupid. 

I'm pretty sure you have stupid all locked up here...

And speaking of here... WTF are you doing here?

Your team loses it's first game of the season in an upset and your first thought is, "I gotta get to the Browns Board"?

• Haha 4

As I had hoped.  For the last game of the season, the Browns will not be facing a team trying to solidify a perfect season.  Now, if a loss does not change their playoff position, they will rest key players.

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Washington is a good team on a win steak of their own. Our offense is dropping the ball like crazy which is correctabke. They aren't going to just start dropping games. You need to lay off the bottle. 

Face it, the Ravens are a shell of themselves...and you nearly got picked off by them....and the WTFs  were a 4-7 team, and yinz lost at home to them. Don't be so sure they may not start dropping games, because nearly every team you play hereafter are better than those two teams. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not so far, they still hold the top spot.