THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Ravens at Browns Gameday thread

TypicalBrowns50

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Unlike some people who left the Tavern in the beginning of the 3rd quarter... 

I had to go. I didn't want to be a party pooper and I wasn't having fun. I was hanging out with the wifey and the pooch, but I was with yall in spirit! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I had to go. I didn't want to be a party pooper and I wasn't having fun. I was hanging out with the wifey and the pooch, but I was with yall in spirit! 

We had bets on when you would come running back in. When we tied it up we were sure you would reappear.🤣

Jeeessss, even Nero stayed the whole time when it would have been easier to just go to sleep on Spain time when we got down two TDs.😴

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We had bets on when you would come running back in. When we tied it up we were sure you would reappear.🤣

Jeeessss, even Nero stayed the whole time when it would have been easier to just go to sleep on Spain time when we got down two TDs.😴

LOL, I was a WRECK. I have never wanted to win a game so badly in my life. It just felt like it was our turn. We were going to exorcize the demons of so many years. We were going to score with no time on the clock, then run in a 2 point conversion with Chubb to win. 

It's also hard for me to stay totally in the Tavern because I'm behind like 2 minutes and it's SUPER annoying! 

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

The teams and the league do know about it.  If you do some research on cap space and rollover cap it will make a ton of sense to you.  However I believe I've seen you argue about rollover cap multiple times so it doesn't seem you want to learn it. 

I interpret that as meaning you want to suck my dick.   

You are the one that apparently does not want to learn. You can't even keep simple facts straight.  You paid no attention whatsoever to what Unsymp. said.

22 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Smith Goodson Taki Wilson...is the plan to bring them all back?  My hope is a starter is found in free agency and another is found Day 1 or 2 of the draft. 

Doubtful since I just posted within the past couple days the exact LB plan you propose... and that was at least the 2nd time I've done so. So keeping them all would result in a very crowded LB room.

I can see Goodson starting and Smith in a backup role.

At ~$230k Wilson is a cheap cut. Taki? Not so much at $720k... so maybe one more year of STs for him... if there is room in the room.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Doubtful since I just posted within the past couple days the exact LB plan you propose... and that was at least the 2nd time I've done so. So keeping them all would result in a very crowded LB room.

I can see Goodson starting and Smith in a backup role.

At ~$230k Wilson is a cheap cut. Taki? Not so much at $720k... so maybe one more year of STs for him... if there is room in the room.

I can count on one hand the number of plays that Wilson has looked like a starting LB.  Could and should be gone.

I keep Taki and maybe change expectation Marginal starter (backup on a good team) special teams guy 

Goodson backup good depth.

You give Philips another year.

That leaves a starter needed (free agent) may want to make a splash and a day two guy who hopefully flashes and can play a decent sized role in year 1.

$$$ Free agent, Rookie, Goodson, Phillips, Taki, Late round draftee or FA. 

DE, DT, Two Backers, both Safety positions - we probably need 6 new starters on defense next year maybe 7 if you can’t bring Money Mitch back.  That’s a major overhaul 

FWIW Taki squared graded well in the Ravens game per PFF. Mayhaps things are starting to click for him?

Just looked up his 2020 PFF grade and it’s 68, which is considered “backup” by them, but starting at 70 is “starter”, so a few more games like the last one and he could be low end starter material.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/sione-takitaki/12666

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I interpret that as meaning you want to suck my dick.   

You are the one that apparently does not want to learn. You can't even keep simple facts straight.  You paid no attention whatsoever to what Unsymp. said.

No I do not wish to suck your dick which is just another one of your many wrong interpretations. How you got that interpretation I'll never know unless its just wishful thinking.  If it wishful thinking then i just want to start off saying there is nothing wrong with your sexual orientation. Look I'm flattered but I'm heterosexual and don't wish to engage in any kind of sexual acts with you.  Keep shooting your shots though you will find your prince charming someday.

Now on to the actual football I didn't skew any "facts" and I always welcome learning something knew. I know exactly what Unsympathetic said and completely agree with him. He is one of several on here that have a very good understanding on our cap space situation. Unsympathetic understands our 30 million in cap is all rollover cap that we have accumulated from being under the cap in previous years.  Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone. 

23 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Taki is good for a spot starter / career backup.. nothing more.  He can't change direction well - much like the occasional good plays made by Wilson, you can't count on him.

Taki squared is the best direction changer l’ve ever seen. He goes left. And then he goes right. Sometimes he goes right, and then he goes left. It’s like angles and shit. 

Here’s a youtube video that came up when l googled “Takitaki direction changer” that totally proves my point.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

No I do not wish to suck your dick which is just another one of your many wrong interpretations. How you got that interpretation I'll never know unless its just wishful thinking. 

Well, as gay as some of your takes are, I just assumed. 

If it wishful thinking then i just want to start off saying there is nothing wrong with your sexual orientation. Look I'm flattered but I'm heterosexual and don't wish to engage in any kind of sexual acts with you.  Keep shooting your shots though you will find your prince charming someday.

You are so dense I think you actually were taking me seriously...and I think thou dost protest too much. 

Now on to the actual football I didn't skew any "facts" and I always welcome learning something knew. I know exactly what Unsympathetic said and completely agree with him. He is one of several on here that have a very good understanding on our cap space situation. Unsympathetic understands our 30 million in cap is all rollover cap that we have accumulated from being under the cap in previous years.  Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone. 

Explain it to the networks and the media then....as they are the ones that keep propping up the fact that we have 30 million to spend. 

What's it going to take for Gipper to earn a  timeout?

9 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Sorry I hadn't seen your reply before I replied to the same misconception that we have a ton of cap space because of our rollover cap.

Don't worry about it. It takes at least two to explain the cap around here, and you and Unsym do a great job of it.

Plus if you alternate making the same posts over and over won't get old as quickly. ;)

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Explain it to the networks and the media

I haven't trusted any news source without verifying since the iraq war Weapons of Mass Destruction lie on top of lie.

ESPN's apparent position is objectively incorrect.. perhaps you should be asking them to explain why they continue to push misinformation.

My guess is.. it's a excuse-me-you-moved-my-stapler story if you stated that all teams are near-or-over the cap in terms of annual salary liabilities and that they get under through a variety of accounting tricks.  Bills are at 218.3M in salary liabilities this season but naturally have 2.5M in space under the cap of 198.2.  Dolphins are 203.2 in salary liabilities this season with 14.5 under the cap of 198.2.  And when we notice that nobody on the interwebs sorts by annual salary liabilities - all only by the "salary cap" metric which incorporates the rollover cap tricks - we see that the hot,sexy underworld of NFL salary accounting is only cared about by me, bjh, and the nubile groupies we don't talk about on this forum.

9 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Once it is spent (generally used on resigning young players to extension) that money is gone

Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What's it going to take for Gipper to earn a  timeout?

Quit being a complete coward, and maybe you will find out. 

Don't worry about it. It takes at least two to explain the cap around here, and you and Unsym do a great job of it.

At least you were right in not including yourself in the group of people capable of explaining it. 

Plus if you alternate making the same posts over and over won't get old as quickly. ;)

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yep. And it's another example of how smart we were not to re-sign Schobert, no matter how much we needed him. I know he didn't have a great year in Jax, but the guy still makes plays. We could have really used him, and I could be mistaken, but Schobert playing would also remove Mack Wilson from the game, right? I'm pretty sure most of our fans know by now that Mack Wilson is possibly the absolute worst linebacker starting in all of football. Love his heart, but homey can't play.

Saving the rollover is looking pretty smart now, especially with the likelihood of the cap being lowered next year. 

I am thinking you needed to post that first paragraph in  pink. 

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

There was a play where Dobbins turned a 4-5 yard run into I think a 10-11 yard gain.  He tried this weak arm tackle was pushed away in a pile . zero effort.  It was one of those plays where you think a guy is holding up because he hears a whistle.  I hope that’s what it was.   At least on the TD run where he was in the hole and missed the tackle- he actually sunk his hips and looked like he tried to make a tackle.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Mack Wilson will have these plays where I’m thinking - who is that? And what in the F are they doing? And he had what 15 snaps this past Monday.

He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

He's just awful and we don't have anyone else. All our linebackers are pretty bad, but Wilson takes the cake. Goodson can at least cover and so can the other guy. Taki can play the run and that's actually useful. 

Mack.. to his credit... or discredit... Is blaming his issues on injuries.. Do we waste another season (2021) to see if this is true or not.. or... do we move on???.. If he's here to compete for a back up role.. fine... But he's no starter IMHO...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Mack.. to his credit... or discredit... Is blaming his issues on injuries.. Do we waste another season (2021) to see if this is true or not.. or... do we move on???.. If he's here to compete for a back up role.. fine... But he's no starter IMHO...

He's gone. Or at the very least a backup. 

The more I see of Mack, the more I am convinced he simply guesses rather than reads-reacts. I think this explains SdB's hit or miss observation as in guess right and you look like a stud, but guess wrong and...

The one play from Sunday that keeps replaying in my mind, a replay from behind the LOS of a BLT run into the 4-hole off read-option action. The hole was huge... at least 3-yards wide... and Mack "filled", but rather than break down inside the hole, he filled to the outside guessing that LJ was going to keep. Of course LJ left it with Dobbins IIRC who Mack waived at as he went by. Never touched him.

• Upvote 1

waved. Anyways, I didn't know peters spit on landry. still waiting to see if the NFL suspends him for a game, especially given covid stuff.

https://www.brownsnation.com/video-shows-marcus-peters-spitting-on-jarvis-landry/

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, calfoxwc said:

waved. Anyways, I didn't know peters spit on landry. still waiting to see if the NFL suspends him for a game, especially given covid stuff.

https://www.brownsnation.com/video-shows-marcus-peters-spitting-on-jarvis-landry/

Spit-gate closure?...  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/19/marcus-peters-fined-12500-for-spitting-incident-last-monday-night/  (mid-link typo error..only Peters got fined, not Landry 😤)

Harbaugh preached the same spit ball story in 2013 with Ray Rice at Phil Taylor...(which got Rice? .... nothing) 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, Tour2ma said:

Jesus... I just don't get some of you...

An excellent post all round but this sums up my feelings since Monday night 

I know people are desperate for the playoffs at last and reactions can be led by emotion but some of the stuff being written is crazy.

This team can really play and our coaching staff is the best in a long long time 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1