THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Ravens at Browns Gameday thread

TypicalBrowns50

I was begging for hunt to have been short. You’re gonna have a hard time convincing me defensive scheme absolutely lost this game. Giving up 15 yards underneath when you got a sniper kicker on the other end is inexcusable. Leaving wide lanes open against a dude who can’t throw the fucking football is Scheme. Absolutely a shame.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nickers said:

We need a defense and a kicker...

We need help on defense yes but we don't need a kicker.  Parkey has been phenomenal up until tonight.  Everyone wants to complain about the 4 points but if he makes the pat or fg the game is played completely different like we don't go for two when down 8 etc. Parkey is far from our biggest problem or even in the top 5 of needs.

Oh well, a great game for Baker and the offense. Ravens won on a bunch of broken plays. I didn’t think Woods coached this one well. Not a good game for Garrett, the linebackers or the secondary.. How big was the missed field goal by Parkey on the second possession? 

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Little early there... but I get it.

I watched on my phone on bed like a moron. Almost asleep and I accidentally checked my phone. Wish I would have stayed in bed. 

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We need a new D coordinator.  I was excited about the hire but just had all the wrong moves this year sorry

Woods isn't the problem. We just don't have the personnel on the defense to make a deep run in the playoffs. The defense just doesn't have enough gas in the talent tank to be able to play a full 60 minutes against great teams.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Oh well, a great game for Baker and the offense. Ravens won on a bunch of broken plays. I didn’t think Woods coached this one well. Not a good game for Garrett, the linebackers or the secondary.. How big was the missed field goal by Parkey on the second possession? 

I liken this game to the first Rocky movie. Browns still lost, but we went the distance with an "elite" team. We put the league on notice and the Ravens will be licking their wounds from this one for awhile.

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We need a new D coordinator.  I was excited about the hire but just had all the wrong moves this year sorry

no, no, no, no. We just don't match up well vs the ratbirds. They have stars on their secondary, we don't. They have fast lb's across the board, we don't. They have an outstanding kicker, we don't.

I think early on, the first half, they missed Hooper's blocking seriously. Higgins drops hurt, Baker's early misfires on long throws hurt, the no call on the Landry facemask, the nocall on the flagrant pi that even a fire hydrant could notice, the holding on Garrett a few times...no call no call....

but the real problem is our secondary. That last TD was embarrassing for any defense.  They two db's are with the guy, downfield, they both look back to see if lamar is running, and the receiver laughs his ass off, and takes off running wide open for the score.

Given that the secondary isn't able to get them to the playoffs, the lb crew isn't up to facing the good teams...

only four losses is pretty heroic of the Browns. Lost the game because of the missed field goal.

When we're 10-4 we'll be happy, and when? we are 12-4... this wasn't a loss to a bad team. Just ran out of time. They played their hearts out, just not good enough on defense.

dammit, dammit, dammit. LOL.

dammit.

NFL Game of the Year.

I'm so glad to have watched it to the end too bad they didn't win, what else can you say.  The Cleveland kicker didn't come through in the clutch Baltimore's kicker did.

GO BROWNS, we love ya.

oh, btw - here's a thought. I thought, if it was me, I would tell our kicker to squib kick it well down the field, so they end up trying to return it from the ten yard line, hopefully letting it bounce off a few ratbird players...... I could be wrong about that, since the Browns didn't do it. Yep. left them too much time on the clock.

dammit. dammit.

lol

17 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

We need help on defense yes but we don't need a kicker.  Parkey has been phenomenal up until tonight.  Everyone wants to complain about the 4 points but if he makes the pat or fg the game is played completely different like we don't go for two when down 8 etc. Parkey is far from our biggest problem or even in the top 5 of needs.

I wouldnt call Parkey phenomenal... Id call him serviceable at best!

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Cal, THIS is NOT a playoff D 😔

Not Woods' fault at all though. Not one bit. When they have matched up talent wise, they have played terrific.

Outside of that, yep, not good enough to playoff time. It's the talent, you betcha.

Always one play away....

We need new linebackers and plenty of them. Probably need to draft another freaking CB if Greedy and Ward can't stay on the field for these kinda games.

Good thing is.... that short list makes them a really tough team. It's nice to have a short list instead of the 10 foot long one we usually have.