THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hard to celebrate this one.  Steelers wanted this more today. 

I'm not going to apologize for 11 wins and playoffs; especially with all the starters that have been out week after week.  If this bothers other people too - then find a new FUCKING HOBBY!

You try playing chess replacing several attack pieces with pawns every week and let me know how EASY the play calling is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hard to celebrate this one.  Steelers wanted this more today. 

Then go root for the Stools...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ATOM said:

lots of different emotions today 

Listen to me.  You DESERVE to feel great today regardless of the bi-polarcoaster they put us on.  Last year's team would have quit so many times this year when adversity struck.  This team took it on and we should be proud of them for the outcome of 11 wins!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I'm not going to apologize for 11 wins and playoffs; especially with all the starters that have been out week after week.  If this bothers other people too - then find a new FUCKING HOBBY!

You try playing chess replacing several attack pieces with pawns every week and let me know how EASY the play calling is.

Yeah.  I hear you. playoffs. Got the dub. 

Play calling was awful.  They were Need to be better next week. 

Not our best, but I'll take it.

I do think we missed Callahan on the sideline today, but pretty sure he was virtually in the locker room at halftime. Looked a lil better in the 2nd half.

Big mystery for me was Hunt having so much less success than Chubb.

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Listen to me.  You DESERVE to feel great today regardless of the bi-polarcoaster they put us on.  Last year's team would have quit so many times this year when adversity struck.  This team took it on,

I second this...but we get in our own way a lot still.

Baby steps I guess.

Please blitz Ben next week.   On offense commit to the run. Let the chips fall where they may 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not our best, but I'll take it.

I do think we missed Callahan on the sideline today, but pretty sure he was virtually in the locker room at halftime. Looked a lil better in the 2nd half.

Big mystery for me was Hunt having so much less success than Chubb.

Yeah...and then Chubb on the biggest drive of the game on the sideline.  Dang 3rd and 2. Pass?  Nick Chubb twice please 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yeah.  I hear you. playoffs. Got the dub. 

Play calling was awful.  They were Need to be better next week. 

Exactly!  Never apologize for 11 wins.  Play calling isn't going to be pretty on a team coming off 6 wins when we're replacing Denzel Ward with a backup's backup and 2 LBers , etc.   Last week we lost 7 starters and people we're griping that we didn't look like a playoff team. How can you when we had replacements that had to learn the playbook in the morning walkthrough the day of the game.  QBs count on chemistry and there was none to be had last week.

If we get close to getting our full team back next week - we could really surprise the favorite at home.  All of a sudden, there's no pressure on the Browns and that's pretty freakin cool!

• Upvote 1

WOW'za!... After reading all the Browns sports clippings all week..

Why does it just make sense?

A.) That LB Jacob Phillips would play the game of his short NFL life? 👍

and

B.) CB Robert Jackson makes the game saving play to get us here? 👍 

sign me up... for guys showing up everyday that worked hard for this kind of Day :)

I now remember what being on cloud 9 feels like again...  I'll come back down at some point... just not today 🤓

• Upvote 5

I have so much to say about this game and season but don't have the words right now. I shouldn't be this emotional about a football season but I am. Everything is just so effing hard for us. What a season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's to our 1000-yd rusher, Nick Chubb.

And he did it in 11-1/4 games... JB has to be proud.

He's special, Tour. 

Still major concerns/questions:

Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

• Thanks 1