THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Still major concerns/questions:

Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

image.jpeg.7bce3aadb17e8e67ae78f31a71a20138.jpeg

CONGRATS TO ALL OF US BROWNS FANS!!

...doesn't matter that some non-calls went our way...and that we were playing against Mason Rudolph...

GREAT BLOCK KAREEM HUNT

...man I hate using Baker as a ball carrier.  Thank you Kareem Hunt for a great block to seal the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Back 7 defensively.    How many of our defensive starters were out today?    And  will they all be back for the playoffs?

Why not run their asses ragged when you have a 24-9 lead?

Looking back on the highlights,  .every one of the 4 sacks were on Baker, not the protection.   One time he slipped down that got him sacked.  The other 3 times he just held the ball too long.

Browns defense didn't seem like they were getting the pressure on the QB they needed, not at all.    Is Garrett still weak from covid I wonder? 

Clearly we are going to need a new kicker next year.   SS's and RFs have two of the best kickers in the league. We can't be taking sacks when we are in FG range. 

I am sure I will have more question the more I synthesize this one.

I also hate  playing a team back to back  from last regular season game to first playoff game....But that looks like what we will get.

FYI...Browns last 2 playoff games have been losses to the Steelers...at Pisstown.  

Sometimes I agree with 99% of what you post.

Slight Dissent:  Our secondary played admirable against the Steeler “A”team WRs.  The play that Woods dialed up a blitz....INT.  The other play...well covered blitz pickup and a TD.   I think I hope we stay with Pressure. We will get a couple PIs next week in Pitt. We gotta be better..we were handsy 

I also disagree on playing Steelers back to back 80% of time I think our HC is a on the money with calls.  Today was not that day but give him another opportunity to figure that team out and we have some young guys. 

RUN the ball next week.  RUN...Run again... play action and boots.  Do not do this shotgun sandlot Cr@p we saw today with Baker.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I have so much to say about this game and season but don't have the words right now. I shouldn't be this emotional about a football season but I am. Everything is just so effing hard for us. What a season. 

Our friend ! You deserve this day just like many others...

Enjoy it ! We Did it when nobody thought we could 👍... 

and the record says they can't take it back... 

• Upvote 2

Although we know 11-5 isn't that bad which coulda been 12-4 or even 13-3 as we a all know -and- there is always room for improvement in this crazy year.

And they might be a dangerous team moving on in the playoffs.  But for now........

GO BROWNS, they ARE 11-5.,......baby !   Playoffs.  :)

17 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Sometimes I agree with 99% of what you post.

Slight Dissent:  Our secondary played admirable against the Steeler “A”team WRs.  The play that Woods dialed up a blitz....INT.  The other play...well covered blitz pickup and a TD.   I think I hope we stay with Pressure. We will get a couple PIs next week in Pitt. We gotta be better..we were handsy 

I also disagree on playing Steelers back to back 80% of time I think our HC is a on the money with calls.  Today was not that day but give him another opportunity to figure that team out and we have some young guys. 

RUN the ball next week.  RUN...Run again... play action and boots.  Do not do this shotgun sandlot Cr@p we saw today with Baker.

I am not claiming that the DB didn't play admirably.....but I still want our (current) starters out there at full strength where I think we can do even better.   Steelers are barely capable of rushing the ball, so focus has to be on putting on pressure, and on coverage.   I am just saying that in both areas,  we can....and must do better next week. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Can the Browns win a playoff game in Pittsburgh?

Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob806 said:

Why are so many fans upset with an 11-5 team after all we've witnessed over the years?

I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  

I choose to Celebrate!!   🍺 Cheers!

we had 1... (one) on the field practice all week... sure, we looked like it at times today..Zoom meeting can't replace on the field practices.. See spotty OL play today with flags👀 .

a) We should get some guys back before practice Wednesday

b) the players need locked away till then

c) Ben wants to play his little dink game? Bang their WR's on there asse$ the first 5 yards we are given..

We can play straight up with these guys just like the Ravens found out...

It's a long way from Wednesday..... Enjoy this win till than! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Doesn't matter, they've already overachieved. We should look at that game as one to gather playoff experience for the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think "upset" is the issue.    I think it is like  "we can't have a minute to breathe....to celebrate until we have to worry about having to play this  fucktard team again next week"  I think if we were facing anyone else, we would have had some breathing room, some time to celebrate.  If we had ended up playing the Bills, or the Tits....I think we would have had that time, but playing the Spermsuckers again?  It seems no. 

Enjoy it. We as fans have a right to be excited, as maddening as it looks at times.

What the staff and players have done is pretty remarkable this year. 

Underdawgs next week for sure, but never say die.

I don't give a shit if the Browns would lose the following week by 50, beating the Steelers and ending their season would be enough for me this year. 

Because I'm sorry, I'm never going to end a season losing to the Steelers and be all "Well, that's ok, we blah blah blah". 

It's about time the Browns crush THEIR FUCKING DREAMS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't give a shit if the Browns would lose the following week by 50, beating the Steelers and ending their season would be enough for me this year. 

Because I'm sorry, I'm never going to end a season losing to the Steelers and be all "Well, that's ok, we blah blah blah". 

It's about time the Browns crush THEIR FUCKING DREAMS. 

God bless ya!  

36 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Enjoy it. We as fans have a right to be excited, as maddening as it looks at times.

What the staff and players have done is pretty remarkable this year. 

Underdawgs next week for sure, but never say die.

It HAS been remarkable. They have won every single game that followed a loss. This one was sweet.

I think Ward has to come back if he can before they play in ...10 days? or they will throw downfield like crazy the next time.

My first question was "What they )(*^ happened to decking a defenseless receiver with the crown of a helmet?" but,

I had to go look it up. It's hitting a defenseless receiver in "the head or neck area".

So, it's fair game to spear them in the back when they are up in the air apparently. Well, our wr goes out with a concussion on the play, after they also grabbed his facemask before he hit the ground and left the game. No call for that.

Whatever. The Browns were 100% all in, and left it all out on the field. What a proud day. And another great draft to upgrade the secondary and lb groups?

You betcha the hard times are over.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

I just want to know how you can hit a guy in mid air and it not be a penalty.

Yeah, me too.  

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

When are you and others going to realize nfl officiating is terrible? It's not unique to the Browns despite what people here like to claim. TJ watt gets put in at least one sleeper hold every game. No call. Nfl refs aren't good at their job. It goesssssssssss both ways. 

Yeah, Steelers holding on almost every play- Refs going by playoff rules. Plenty of no calls on what could have been PI.  OTOH that no call on Peoples was either spearing, defenseless receiver or a no call facemask. Take your pick.  

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not our best, but I'll take it.

I do think we missed Callahan on the sideline today, but pretty sure he was virtually in the locker room at halftime. Looked a lil better in the 2nd half.

Big mystery for me was Hunt having so much less success than Chubb.

Thinking the same Tour. It's SO obvious Chubb is the #1 back, why are you alternating series?  Or first and goal- you trying to get cute Stef? Put in the battering ram and don't overthink it.  :(  

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, me too.  

Yeah, Steelers holding on almost every play- Refs going by playoff rules. Plenty of no calls on what could have been PI.  OTOH that no call on Peoples was either spearing, defenseless receiver or a no call facemask. Take your pick.  

Thinking the same Tour. It's SO obvious Chubb is the #1 back, why are you alternating series?  Or first and goal- you trying to get cute Stef? Put in the battering ram and don't overthink it.  :(  

It doesn't always have to be "well ya, but"

It doesn't have to be....but it is.  Steelers hold on almost every play.....but yea, it doesn't have to be that way if they didn't do it. 

YEP.

Oh can we stop with the "THE REFS KEEP SCREWING US" whining from the same two guys after every fucking game?

On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns pass rusher and there was no flag. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh can we stop with the "THE REFS KEEP SCREWING US" whining from the same two guys after every fucking game?

On the interception by the Browns that ended up putting them up by two touchdowns, Rudolph got smacked right in the helmet by both hands of the Browns rusher and there was no flag. 

By that you mean Cal and Vag.   I rarely go there.    I only go there to counter  Vag's delusion that the Squibs somehow get the raw end of the deal from the ref's...which we know is a Bollix. 

By that you mean Cal and Vag.   I rarely go there.    I only go there to counter  Vag's delusion that the Squibs somehow get the raw end of the deal from the ref's...which we know is a delusion. 

I know you think you are doing Browns fans on here a huge service by being BROWNS SUPER FAN on any opposing team's fans that wander on here. 

You aren't, and no one asked you to do so. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By that you mean Cal and Vag.   I rarely go there.    I only go there to counter  Vag's delusion that the Squibs somehow get the raw end of the deal from the ref's...which we know is a Bollix. 

. did rudullf get a concussion? NO. I think it was redwine who went up and grazed ruddullf's helmet with both hands. Could have been called. YES.... I cringed and was surprised it wasn't. Changed the game in any way? NO.

violent in any way? NO. Injure the little squealer sissy qb? NO NO NO.

The hit on Peoples-Jones could have left him paralyzed.

Over the years, plenty of folks have noticed the squeelers get breaks on officiating, not just Browns fans.

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know you think you are doing Browns fans on here a huge service by being BROWNS SUPER FAN on any opposing team's fans that wander on here. 

You aren't, and no one asked you to do so. 

I don't recall asking....though actually you may be wrong.   I was designated to be the Hammer  of opposing teams fans.  

Which I would be glad to give up, and have offered to do so on a couple of occasions.  But no one else has stepped up.   So, Here is YOUR opportunity.

YOU, Dutch, are hereby offered the Hammer.  Very similar to what Thor wields.  You can become the DH.   Designated Hammer.  As such, you have described your job accurately:  to Be a Browns Super Fan who puts the Hammer on any opposing team's fan that wanders on here.

Congratulations.  With your new position you have the accolades of all Brown's Board Participants. 

Now....step up. 

Mjolnir | Thor hammer tattoo, Norse tattoo, Viking art

• Haha 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't recall asking....though actually you may be wrong.   I was designated to be the Hammer  of opposing teams fans.  

Which I would be glad to give up, and have offered to do so on a couple of occasions.  But no one else has stepped up.   So, Here is YOUR opportunity.

YOU, Dutch, are hereby offered the Hammer.  Very similar to what Thor wields.  You can become the DH.   Designated Hammer.  As such, you have described your job accurately:  to Be a Browns Super Fan who puts the Hammer on any opposing team's fan that wanders on here.

Congratulations.  With your new position you have the accolades of all Brown's Board Participants. 

Now....step up. 

You truly are delusional. 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Was just thinking the same about our 2ndary. Yes, it gave up a couple deep balls but it defended even more. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but I'm not going to be surprised to see a season high in passes defended when I do.. Also I can't remember a single blown coverage.

Back to back means nothing. There's more to the old "hard to beat the same team three times in a season"... an adage that not in play here. Reflecting on the game I think Stef's playcalling was fairly vanilla. Other than the inside shovel to Landry for the TD and the final Baker sweep, we did not show anything new this week.... at least nothing else jumped out at me.