THE BROWNS BOARD

Stefanski tests positive.

The Cysko Kid

Did a lil googling and found this...

CONTACT TRACING TECHNOLOGY

To comply with COVID-19 protocols, the NFL and NFLPA developed a set of health and safety protocols to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 for everyone in a team environment.

Players and personnel wear mandatory proximity recording devices when at the club facility, during practices, and during team travel. Players also have them built into their equipment for use on-field in practice and games.

The device collects data about individuals’ proximity to each other to perform quick and accurate contact tracing when an individual is symptomatic or tests positive for COVID-19.

Learn more about the NFL’s Contact Tracing Technology & Protocols.

The NFL, NFLPA, clubs, players, and officials have a shared responsibility to adhere to expert recommendations. The protocols will continually adapt to reflect the latest science around COVID-19.

This link has a 3-minute video on Contract Tracing protocols... https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/covid-19/contact-tracing-in-the-nfl-explained

The vid does specifically mention masks/face-shields as mitigating devices. Also only mentions only virtual or outdoors for meetings with masks.

Of course with all the virtual meetings that means the Russians know our gameplan.

dammit. dammit. dammit.

Well, good thing Bitonio has Michael Dunn as a backup.

" Dunn is 6-5, 315-pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of Maryland. Originally signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Dunn has spent time on the Rams (2017) and Jaguars (2018) practice squads. Dunn has spent the entire season on the Browns' practice squad and has appeared in three games as a reserve. He was also member of the Birmingham Iron (AAF) in 2019 and Seattle Dragons (XFL) in 2020. He is a native of Bethesda, Md. and will wear No. 68.   "

Maybe Stefanski can call plays remotely lol

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Did a lil googling and found this...

This link has a 3-minute video on Contract Tracing protocols... https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/covid-19/contact-tracing-in-the-nfl-explained

The vid does specifically mention masks/face-shields as mitigating devices. Also only mentions only virtual or outdoors for meetings with masks.

Of course with all the virtual meetings that means the Russians know our gameplan.

That's very interesting and I like that they have the tracking devices but the masks/faceshields being mitigating factors is interesting. Couldn't people just say oh yeah we were close for 20 minutes but we had our masks on and then you couldn't tell.  Also I thought the nfl went away from the faceshields.

Here is the cdc definition Close contact is defined by CDC as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.

No mention of facemasks

The WHO does mention proper ppe in their definition but cloth masks are not considered proper ppe. Only the n95 masks are considered proper ppe for face coverings.

Buck up boys...

The greatest NFL playoff effort I ever saw was the 1979 "Luv ya Blue" Oilers flying to SD to face the Air Coryell Chargers in Fouts' heyday...

• Starting QB, Dan "Yes, I was married to June Wilkinson" Pastorini was OUT... BYU Choirboy, Gifford Nielsen was in.
  • Earl Campbell was OUT... his backup, Rob Carpenter, was on crutches (badly sprained ankle) which he literally threw down on the sideline went he went into the game.
  • #1 WR Kenny Burroughs was OUT...

Final score... HOU 17 SD 14...

Oilers' rookie SS, Vernon Perry, picked Fouts 4 times and the offensive subs did just enough.

Game was won on a late, long pass to Mike "Ray the rabbit's son" Renfro. It was mikes only catch.

So comparatively speaking we're in pretty good shape...

Of course the next week Blue's season ended in PTG... in part due to a missed TD call to a toe-tapping Renfro.

It was the play that gave birth to the replay movement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

If the NFL had brains (GOD-ell)... They would push the playoffs back 2 weeks and let teams get healthy instead of thinking about their schedule and pocket books...

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

no shjit....who cares if the sb gets pushed up a week or two....give the teams a fair chance....is bitonio and teller out for sure or do all these players and coaches still have a shot at a negative test before sunday....its so fucked up....

This is literally the only idea of Nickers that I've seen that was rational, made any sense, or was any good. A two week bubble would have allowed the whole league to heal from injury and specifically Covid. I wouldn't care if they played on St. Paddies day as long as everyone got an equal shot. The NFL hates us sooooooooooo much, so we will penciled in on Sunday, regardless of what's currently happening in Berea.

PS- this now confirms he acknowledges the corona virus actually exists, and isn't a democratic hoax. How the tides have turned...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

This is literally the only idea of Nickers that I've seen that was rational, made any sense, or was any good. A two week bubble would have allowed the whole league to heal from injury and specifically Covid. I wouldn't care if they played on St. Paddies day as long as everyone got an equal shot. The NFL hates us sooooooooooo much, so we will penciled in on Sunday, regardless of what's currently happening in Berea.

PS- this now confirms he acknowledges the corona virus actually exists, and isn't a democratic hoax. How the tides have turned...

That's what I said....Bubble Up.   See the thread on that.  A 2 week delay to implement it?   Sure. And actually a 2 week delay would take them only to like President's Day, not St. Patty's for the Super Bowl. 

Michael Dunn may end up being Sunday's hero on the oline.

Meanwhile, the game will go on, apparently.

Just like the NFL made the ratbirds and squealers go ahead and pla...

oh, wait. They had their games delayed....

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

That's what I said....Bubble Up.   See the thread on that.  A 2 week delay to implement it?   Sure. And actually a 2 week delay would take them only to like President's Day, not St. Patty's for the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

i was really looking foward to this game.....cmon nfl....just a 2 week or maybe even 1 week break....it would be worth it.....i'll probably watch the browns first posession...if it looks anything like their first posession of the jets game, i'll turn it off...that might have been the worse posession in browns history....all the players just looked stunned...inchoherent....all because they could not practice and missing players....cmon nfl....give us a break for once...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Buck up boys...

The greatest NFL playoff effort I ever saw was the 1979 "Luv ya Blue" Oilers flying to SD to face the Air Coryell Chargers in Fouts' heyday...

• Starting QB, Dan "Yes, I was married to June Wilkinson" Pastorini was OUT... BYU Choirboy, Gifford Nielsen was in.
  • Earl Campbell was OUT... his backup, Rob Carpenter, was on crutches (badly sprained ankle) which he literally threw down on the sideline went he went into the game.
  • #1 WR Kenny Burroughs was OUT...

Final score... HOU 17 SD 14...

Oilers' rookie SS, Vernon Perry, picked Fouts 4 times and the offensive subs did just enough.

Game was won on a late, long pass to Mike "Ray the rabbit's son" Renfro. It was mikes only catch.

So comparatively speaking we're in pretty good shape...

Of course the next week Blue's season ended in PTG... in part due to a missed TD call to a toe-tapping Renfro.

It was the play that gave birth to the replay movement.

Steelers, Broncos, & Patriots always on the "favorable ruling" list in the playoffs. You're correct, this was another ref gaffe, following Rob Lytle's fumble ruled a TD for the Broncos vs Raiders, , and Pearson's push-off vs the Vikings. 

Regarding the game Sunday, the whole situation blows of course, but now all the pressure is on the Squealers- total reversal of last week. While it's a huge mountain to climb, maybe it becomes a huge motivational factor and the Browns hang in there & steal it, like the Oilers vs San Diego. 

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

What makes people think pushing the playoffs back would help any team... including us?

would give time to have a chance to get out HC and players back.

As for when players can return to the team, it depends. Below is the NFL's wording on its rules for players returning from COVID-19 cases.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

• 10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
  • Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return once:

• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
  • At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

In either case, a player who tests positive must be cleared by his team's head physician before returning.

It's only Tuesday. If it follows the same formula, more people will be struck down either as close contacts or God forbid positive for the virus. Hopefully we can practice safely this week because we need it. 

I'm speechless. Literally had tears in my eyes for Bitonio. It's not fair. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

What makes people think pushing the playoffs back would help any team... including us?

On top of that question, I will add another statement:

Comparing the situation now to weeks ago for say Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a lot different. They actually had time built in (i.e. more weeks), AND the outcome of the games didn't effect the preparation for others.

Let's just assume that the favorites win their games this weekend; remaining teams would be:

1. Chiefs 2. Bills 5. Ravens; the outcome of the Browns/Steelers effects every one of those. 

I'm not saying that the NFL shouldn't explore options, even moving everything back. But to just act as if they are the same is very short sighted.

As for Gippers idea (no offense, but you are posting like this is a novel idea that you came up with), but anyway...

In my opinion, those almost have to be done in Green Bay and Kansas City. Those teams were of the impression that they would be at home throughout playoffs. If you take that away, you are then taking away an advantage they earned. Yes, I understand that this is a serious pandemic and a very unusual situation, but it is also much different than the NBA and MLB. Those had much more time to decide on it, and also didn't have to factor in weather, and also much smaller groups. 

I think it is way too late to institute a full bubble. I think the best that could hope for (and still not exactly an easy thing) is a mandatory quarantine for every remaining team. That would mean only around other football personnel. And ideally that would mean ONLY virtual meetings. 

However, the ratbirds said they needed time to practice for "safety reasons" and the NFL complied.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/11/nfl-coronavirus-outbreak-ravens-steelers-game-postponed-to-wednesday-amid-covid-19-cases.html

From the #Ravens players-only meeting, two main points: — They want to play. — Health and safety has to come first. Once source in the meeting asked, “Can’t we have at least two days of negative tests after this outbreak before we are expected to get back on the field?”

Earlier today, Schefter reported that the “NFL canceled (the) Ravens practice scheduled for this morning, per league source. Ravens last practiced the Saturday before the Titans’ game.” The Ravens hosted the Tennessee Titans on Nov. 22, some eight days ago.

just doesn't sound right - the NFL did that back then. so......

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So much for this fucking game.

The last game should have been postponed.   They all got it because they were forced to all be together for that game.

Fucking NFL.  I suspect their attitude is "it's just the Browns...no big deal".    But what if it now becomes  the Chiefs or the Packers...or someone the league cares about?

What did I say about the NFL  needing to  "Bubble".  

Of course, you also have to ask:  WTF is going on over there. They have seemed to have had more trouble than anyone else. 

oh fuck enough of that shit denver had to play without a qb and the sints didnt have their running backs and their games were still played as scheduled  also wasnt lamar jackson out for the pit game ?

6 hours ago, nickers said:

If the NFL had brains (GOD-ell)... They would push the playoffs back 2 weeks and let teams get healthy instead of thinking about their schedule and pocket books...

even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just Bito... so far...

exactly no idea why people are losing thier  heads I was expecting  alot of pro set this sunday anyway just stick to the game plan

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

so this shit is to be expected  you know the next thing im gonna hear from gipper is that covid is a nfl conspiracy to keep the Browns out of the super bowl 

31 minutes ago, ATOM said:

even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 

Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 

Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

good point but I believe it is to late for that 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hello!  McFly?  Is anybody home?   Pay attention. 

We are talking about putting all the playoff teams in a bubble during that time...to assure no outside exposure.   It worked for the NHL and the NBA.   And that is just what the NCAA is doing with all 68 of the college basketball teams that will be part of March Madness. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's only Tuesday. If it follows the same formula, more people will be struck down either as close contacts or God forbid positive for the virus. Hopefully we can practice safely this week because we need it. 

I'm speechless. Literally had tears in my eyes for Bitonio. It's not fair. 

More people for a number of teams.

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

On top of that question, I will add another statement:

Comparing the situation now to weeks ago for say Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a lot different. They actually had time built in (i.e. more weeks), AND the outcome of the games didn't effect the preparation for others.

Let's just assume that the favorites win their games this weekend; remaining teams would be:

1. Chiefs 2. Bills 5. Ravens; the outcome of the Browns/Steelers effects every one of those. 

I'm not saying that the NFL shouldn't explore options, even moving everything back. But to just act as if they are the same is very short sighted.

As for Gippers idea (no offense, but you are posting like this is a novel idea that you came up with), but anyway...

In my opinion, those almost have to be done in Green Bay and Kansas City. Those teams were of the impression that they would be at home throughout playoffs. If you take that away, you are then taking away an advantage they earned. Yes, I understand that this is a serious pandemic and a very unusual situation, but it is also much different than the NBA and MLB. Those had much more time to decide on it, and also didn't have to factor in weather, and also much smaller groups. 

I think it is way too late to institute a full bubble. I think the best that could hope for (and still not exactly an easy thing) is a mandatory quarantine for every remaining team. That would mean only around other football personnel. And ideally that would mean ONLY virtual meetings. 

Doing the bubble in  GB and KC would be fine with me.... great, crazy weather games.   But I doubt the NFL would want that out of weather concerns.  They would want domes or warm weather sites.  

As for the timing....that is what the 2 week delay is supposed to be for.   I think it could be done logistically even with the greater number of players.   Have  2 sites with 7 teams each would certainly not be as difficult as what the NBA did in Orlando. 

As for the  other leagues having more time to decide on it:    I think that just bespeaks of the NFL's failure to have a contingency plan in place.  A lack of foresight and vision.   Hell, my self and other shmoes on here thought of it long ago.  Why couldn't the brilliant minds of the NFL think of it?     What is that you say?  What brilliant minds?  OK, fair to say. 

• Thanks 1