THE BROWNS BOARD

Stefanski tests positive.

The Cysko Kid

29 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so this shit is to be expected  you know the next thing im gonna hear from gipper is that covid is a nfl conspiracy to keep the Browns out of the super bowl 

I didn't think about that.....but gee......thanks for the Idea!!

No, actually, it is just what I said above.....a complete lack of foresight on their behalf by not having a contingency plan. 

What would happen if Tom Brady,  Aaron Rodgers,  Derrick Henry.  Russell Wilson..Drew Brees  etc.   or a team's entire  WR/QB/RB corps comes down with it?  

I predict something like the above will happen between now and Saturday.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Michael Dunn may end up being Sunday's hero on the oline.

Meanwhile, the game will go on, apparently.

Just like the NFL made the ratbirds and squealers go ahead and pla...

oh, wait. They had their games delayed....

It was Denver with a WR as QB they made play. I watched because I knew it would look like the original Mets. They did not disappoint. Kendall Hinton was one of nine for 13 yards. On the plus side he completed twice as many as that to their opponent. LOL!🤗🏈

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?

how far do you expect them to push it back ? im sure that their are players outside now as we speak  so even if we went into a bubble next week or the week after it could still be brought in

if there had been a bubble the plans should have been made months ago

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

how far do you expect them to push it back ? im sure that their are players outside now as we speak  so even if we went into a bubble next week or the week after it could still be brought in

We talked about 2 weeks.  If anyone were brought in,  it would have to be now so they could be in that bubble for 2 weeks.  I mean, you bring your PS  and injured list with you....unless you rule anyone out completely. 

if there had been a bubble the plans should have been made months ago

DOH, uh, yea....see above.  Wholly a lack of foresight.  Wholly a failure to at least have that contingency plan.    Still, I think it could be done.  But yes, difficult. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Doing the bubble in  GB and KC would be fine with me.... great, crazy weather games.   But I doubt the NFL would want that out of weather concerns.  They would want domes or warm weather sites.  

As for the timing....that is what the 2 week delay is supposed to be for.   I think it could be done logistically even with the greater number of players.   Have  2 sites with 7 teams each would certainly not be as difficult as what the NBA did in Orlando. 

As for the  other leagues having more time to decide on it:    I think that just bespeaks of the NFL's failure to have a contingency plan in place.  A lack of foresight and vision.   Hell, my self and other shmoes on here thought of it long ago.  Why couldn't the brilliant minds of the NFL think of it?     What is that you say?  What brilliant minds?  OK, fair to say. 

Again, you actually thinking that they didn't explore it is delusional.

And no, doing it now would be a complete logistics nightmare.

But I am certainly not going to go into all of that. 

All I will further comment, is just imagine how you would feel as a Chiefs or Packers player that EVERYTHING changes on you last minute and 90% of the advantage you EARNED is taken away.

Or even look at it in your orange colored glasses. I think everyone (even the Jets) would agree that if the Browns weren't without the WR that they would have won. Which would now have them sitting in 3rd and hosting. You think it would be right for NFL to take their EARNED PO game away?

Basically, I am saying that since a move doesn't make things worse for the Browns that you don't have another thought on it. But if it did, you would show more of an inclination to dive deeper, even if you came to the same conclusion.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That's what I said....Bubble Up.   See the thread on that.  A 2 week delay to implement it?   Sure. And actually a 2 week delay would take them only to like President's Day, not St. Patty's for the Super Bowl. 

The weird thing is the Sunday before President day is their ultimate goal because most people will be off the next day.

c7ce325c74dc0a7c47c6377a5e2dd7ff.jpg  now if the football gods would just follow along? ...Get Well Coach Stef ...

I can't even image how bad Bitonio must feel missing this one 😤 

You all are about to catch some unwanted publicity from several years ago, this is circulating again. It's on reddit and i saw it on twitter.  How the fuck do the Browns still have this dude as a coach? Yes people change but this wasn't all that long ago and that's a pretty fucking horrid thing to say. 

https://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

42 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Again, you actually thinking that they didn't explore it is delusional.

Have you any evidence that they explored it?    I would hope that I am being delusional there....but am I? 

And no, doing it now would be a complete logistics nightmare.

Nothing that the will to do so, the  brains to do so , and  quick action  and money could not resolve. 

But I am certainly not going to go into all of that. 

You just did

All I will further comment, is just imagine how you would feel as a Chiefs or Packers player that EVERYTHING changes on you last minute and 90% of the advantage you EARNED is taken away.

Oh, it would suck for sure.  (but think about how it would suck if Mahomes or Rodgers caught it....that would suck even more for them probably).  Beside....as someone suggested....bubble up in KC and GB....though, yes, those grass fields couldn't probably take those  6 games.

Or even look at it in your orange colored glasses. I think everyone (even the Jets) would agree that if the Browns weren't without the WR that they would have won. Which would now have them sitting in 3rd and hosting. You think it would be right for NFL to take their EARNED PO game away?

Wait....are you saying that if the Browns beat the Jets, and then beat the Steelers, they would have won the division?  I am not certain that would have been the case.  Depends on the tiebreaker situation. I think  division record would still have favored Pitt.   I thought for some reason that we would have also needed the  Colts to beat the Steelers.  Not sure. Of course, if the division title did come down to that game.....none of those Steelers would have been sitting out for sure.  Irrelevant now though. 

Basically, I am saying that since a move doesn't make things worse for the Browns that you don't have another thought on it. But if it did, you would show more of an inclination to dive deeper, even if you came to the same conclusion.

I am not sure where you are going here.  I am only thinking about how the league could avoid a possible disaster if  several other playoff teams ended up facing the same crap we have to deal with now. 

But, I will say that you are right about one thing:   I don't care IF those other teams do have to face the same crap that I do. In my  gut I kind of have enough Schadenfreud to  wish some of them do have to.  Terrible of me?  

35 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You all are about to catch some unwanted publicity from several years ago, this is circulating again. It's on reddit and i saw it on twitter.  How the fuck do the Browns still have this dude as a coach? Yes people change but this wasn't all that long ago and that's a pretty fucking horrid thing to say. 

https://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

If true, what a fucking piece of garbage. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If true, what a fucking piece of garbage. 

Can you paraphrase the article please. Use to love deadspin before they hired some right-wing nutjob as the editor and he threaten to censor all stories that contained anything political, so all the writers quit and it's now and no pun intended a "dead site". I refuse to give them a click until it's in the wayback machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Can you paraphrase the article please. Use to love deadspin before they hired some right-wing nutjob as the editor and he threaten to censor all stories that contained anything political, so all the writers quit and it's now and no pun intended a "dead site". I refuse to give them a click until it's in the wayback machine.

A former Viking Punter claims that Priefer....our interim coach for this game,  used homophobic language (attitude) toward him. The punter was gay. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 

Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

Hey, maybe it can infect 10 or so more Steelers during the week to level the playing field... 

We are getting hammered pretty hard... & I heard on Red Zone- to my dismay- Stefanski isn't even allowed any contact with the team or coaches during the game- even on Zoom  :(  

3 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

I'm with ya, it's just the old article that is recirculating. It was written a while ago. Essentially he supposedly said that we should send all the gays to an island and nuke it. 

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

would give time to have a chance to get out HC and players back.

Also gives the virus a chance to infect more players/coaches... be they Browns or others.

In case you haven't noticed... not only is this not getting any better... it's getting worse.

In case you haven't heard... there's a new mutation that's 50-70% more transmittable.

Play ball...

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 

Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

Newsflash... every team's first case came from the outside.

And a bubble now would kinda be like closing the barn doors after the horses have run away.

Of course according to Gipper the entire league has to have been vaccinated by now, so I guess the vaccines don't work... lol...

You can pay me the $100 when you see me, Gip...

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A former Viking Punter claims that Priefer....our interim coach for this game,  used homophobic language (attitude) toward him. The punter was gay. 

Boy, his female wife is going to be surprised by this news.

Our interim coach for the upcoming game used homophobic language towards Kluwe because he was on record for supporting gay rights and same sex marriage. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And a bubble now would kinda be like closing the barn doors after the horses have run away.

Of course according to Gipper the entire league has to have been vaccinated by now, so I guess the vaccines don't work... lol...

At this point you can’t tell a player what to do- outside of practice and games- it is not working.  They are seeing friends and family that see other people 

a bubble throughout this time at least limits contacts and secondary contacts where things are spreading.

Probably worth a shot. Are we in full contamination mode here? 

God Forbid Mahomes gets it and we have to cancel the playoffs for 14 days. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Our interim coach for the upcoming game used homophobic language towards Kluwe because he was on record for supporting gay rights and same sex marriage. 

So Priefer's marriage was ruined as was Ted Cruz's and millions of other red-blooded 'Muricans' unions?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

stupid ESPN ran it on their rolling news.   probably mixed up hodges

deleted mine.. delete both of yours.. And we will act like it never happened..                       but sure it does

MarkMaske

Summing up Browns developments: No new positive test results today. No high-risk close contacts from Tuesday's positive tests. Facility to remain closed all day, no live practice today. Game Sunday night at Pittsburgh remains on course, at this point, to be played as scheduled.

Game on!  Turn your programs to page Thursday ! 😎

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well first off.....just like the NBA....NO one gets into the bubble unless they test negative.  I would have thought that would have been and  obvious requirement.  

Second....I said it would not be surprising  if the league were to try to exercise its influence to get its guys vaccinated ahead of most everyone else.  They do not seem to have done that because the negative public relations repercussions could be something they would never want to deal with.....it would be worse public relations for them to do that than to live with teams getting decimated by the virus. (they must protect the shield....even at the cost of protecting their players health).  Also, as predictable, this administration's incompetence has shown up in spades wherein only 10-15% of the people that were supposed to have been vaccinated so far have actually received it. 

Third:   where are you coming up with this $100 business.  Am I missing something?  

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Boy, his female wife is going to be surprised by this news.

.  I just skimmed the article, so maybe that is it.