THE BROWNS BOARD

The rivalry is back baby.

Neo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The rivalry is back -but- big ben might not be.  Nice.

Baker Mayfield is the first new era Cleveland Browns quarterback to not only win a playoff game,  but to never lose to the Steelers in the playoffs. That's nice too.

• Like 1

WOW, This is such a wonderful morning. The Browns gave the arch rival Steelers and major beatdown. I couldn't believe what is was seeing, 28 1qtr points, and NFL RECORD for most points score in 1st qtr playoffs. Im sure all the NFL annalists who picked the Steelers are all saying, WHAT THE  ??? Yeah, the Browns meant business and got a major win last night. Now its off to Kansas City. 

With all the making of a major upset to the Steelers, I have one issue with our DB's. We game them way way too much room to catch all the passing going on from the QB. We allowed them to move down the field , catch after catch, and then scoring. The 3rd & 4th QTR was a very concerning part of the game because Ben Roethlisberger was just throwing, and throwing, and gaining yard after yard. We can not allow this to be a issue playing the CHIEFS. T. Kelce is going to be their main target, so lets study how to contain him and still put pressure on P. Maholmes.

8 hours ago, Neo said:

Baker Mayfield is the first new era Cleveland Browns quarterback to not only win a playoff game,  but to never lose to the Steelers in the playoffs. That's nice too.

There's like 22 browns quarterbacks in the expansion era that didn't lose to the Steelers in the playoffs

• Haha 1

Hello everyone ....not been here in months .....been so busy and wife has been sick and in the hospital ..... just wanted to say GO BROWNS and FUCK THE STEELERS ..... hope to be back posting regular soon ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

You realize our CB1 right now is CB4 on the depth chart right?

stewart is a Special Teamer at best and Jackson will be a Walmart associate soon....

That lead they had was the best defense they could have asked for. Had to play soft because they couldn’t hide Jackson. 

I’d venture to say they threw at Jackson 80% of the time last night.

Now, if you are concerned about overall depth of the CB line up? Then I’m with you. I had hoped that the CB position was locked up, but with Ward being made of some type of glass and Greedy being made of something similar, only more fragile.... I’d say they might have to draft another CB this year. Really would have loved to get King from the Bolts...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Woods was trying to keep everything in front of our patchwork DB's.  I mean, he was trying to make them take some time off the clock on their inevitable way to the end zone.

I actually hold a little hope for Jackson (for next year).  Sure, he's having it rough, but almost anyone in his position would.  I hope we can get him back on the bench for the rest of this season, but I'd like to see him have a training camp with us next year.

9 hours ago, Neo said:

Damn it feels good to be back.

I can't 'like' the picture, because I used 'em all up in the hour after the game.  But I stole it and put it on my FB page with a one word caption. - Priceless - 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

When Ben goes, Pouncey goes also - they're a package deal

No they aren't. Ben isn't done unless the steelers want him to be done. I do think pouncey is and he should be. He's been pretty fucking bad all year and last night was his career in death throws. 

45 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yes.

No. I will be surprised if he's not resigned. Villanueva will be gone, pouncey, fieler and one of either Sutton or Hilton. Watt isn't due this season. Ben I frankly think may just cut some of his own salary but we shall see.

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No. I will be surprised if he's not resigned. Villanueva will be gone, pouncey, fieler and one of either Sutton or Hilton. Watt isn't due this season. Ben I frankly think may just cut some of his own salary but we shall see.

The Browns would co-sign on all of this.  

42 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No they aren't. Ben isn't done unless the steelers want him to be done. 

The emotions of last night might say otherwise.  But I've seen that look before on the faces of anyone who looks defeated.  I don't mean that as in a temporary either.  When someone becomes rather disenchanted with what they're doing.

JuJu has been a distraction but is going to want paid paid and do you think the prospect of catching passes from Mason excites him?   Claypool will be just around the corer before you know it.  Pouncey looked like he was ready to fold last night alone and the right side of the Steelers Oline was...not good.

Sorry, but if Ben doesn't come back or even worse - comes back half hearted, then you're going to see attrition.

The thing with JuJu is that I think that WR room is loaded.

I wouldn't pay a huge contract when I have Johnson, Claypool and Washington and other more glaring concerns in other corps of the team. I don't know the salary cap situation of the Steelers though. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The emotions of last night might say otherwise.  But I've seen that look before on the faces of anyone who looks defeated.  I don't mean that as in a temporary either.  When someone becomes rather disenchanted with what they're doing.

JuJu has been a distraction but is going to want paid paid and do you think the prospect of catching passes from Mason excites him?   Claypool will be just around the corer before you know it.  Pouncey looked like he was ready to fold last night alone and the right side of the Steelers Oline was...not good.

Sorry, but if Ben doesn't come back or even worse - comes back half hearted, then you're going to see attrition.

Juju hasn't been a distraction but the media wants to make it that way including the local guys. He leads the room, out works a lot of people. He's never been an distraction and he never will be. Villanueva has been bad most of the year, pouncey the same and I would have said that well before yesterday. You aren't telling me anything the rational segment of our fan base doesn't already know. We also should have started dotson over feiler. Ben was upset last night for obvious reasons but I'm fairly certain pouncey is done hence the added melancholy. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

The thing with JuJu is that I think that WR room is loaded.

I wouldn't pay a huge contract when I have Johnson, Claypool and Washington and other more glaring concerns in other corps of the team. I don't know the salary cap situation of the Steelers though. 

It's not good, I will still be surprised if he's not resigned. The team will be very different next year tho. I expect pouncey and villanueva to be gone. Dupree is going to price himself out. One of either Hilton or Sutton will likely be gone too. I won't be sad to see pouncey or villanueva gone. 

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It's not good, I will still be surprised if he's not resigned. The team will be very different next year tho. I expect pouncey and villanueva to be gone. Dupree is going to price himself out. One of either Hilton or Sutton will likely be gone too. I won't be sad to see pouncey or villanueva gone. 

Biggest takeaway is that you can't win exclusively passing. So you have to improve either QB, OL or/and RB. It will be an interestin offseason for Pittsburgh nonetheless. 

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Biggest takeaway is that you can't win exclusively passing. So you have to improve either QB, OL or/and RB. It will be an interestin offseason for Pittsburgh nonetheless. 

Connor was running the ball just fine, if not well but when you spot a team 28 points what are you supposed to do? I'm not trying to rain on parades with what I'm about to say but a lot of that first 28 was the steelers beating the steelers. Fuck the first td was a horrendous high snap by pouncey for a gimme. You guys got outscored the rest of the game and Ben went over 500 yards, no 28 spot? You are probably losing that game. All of which isn't to say the Browns aren't good, that the Browns aren't on their way because they are. 

But yea a lot of players will be gone. I hope one coordinator is too.