THE BROWNS BOARD

UPDATE: Liz Cheney VOTED to Impeach Trump... and so did 9 other brave Republicans

Tour2ma

8 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What good do you feel impeaching trump is going to accomplish 100 days after he's left office?

Let’s face facts, the Libtards are scared of Donny boy.

I just hope Dr Jill will send Joe to the podium wearing a clean dry diaper.

Liz was the 2nd.. this brave guy was first...

Rep. John Katko becomes the first House Republican to back Trump impeachment in wake of deadly Capitol siege

insider@insider.com (John L. Dorman)  24 mins ago

• Rep. John Katko of New York on Tuesday became the first House Republican to announce that he would vote to impeach President Donald Trump for inciting the US Capitol riots, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
  • Katko said that he would support at least 218 House Democrats who have signed on to an impeachment resolution.
  • "To allow the president of the United States to incite this attack without consequence is a direct threat to the future of our democracy," Katko said in a statement. "For that reason, I cannot sit by without taking action. I will vote to impeach this president."
  • Katko, a former federal prosecutor, was first elected to the House in 2014.

Rep. John Katko becomes the first House Republican to back Trump impeachment in wake of deadly Capitol siege (msn.com)

image.png

29 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What good do you feel impeaching trump is going to accomplish 100 days after he's left office?

Turns out that we now know how to do things at Warp Spe-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-d.

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He can never run again if found guilty by the Senate. (see Mitch thread).

He's an old man.  He may not live another 4 years.  It's just the vindictive old toothless hag Piglosi and Shifty Schiff who don't care about the country.  They just want to 'get Trump'.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He's an old man.  He may not live another 4 years.  It's just the vindictive old toothless hag Piglosi and Shifty Schiff who don't care about the country.  They just want to 'get Trump'.

Mean old bastards always live longer than you think they will. I can give a testimonial if you like.😂

What they want is to show you what happens if you don't play the game by the rules they've laid out. If you step out of line. People here conveniently leave out all the complicity that led to these events. One might wonder why trump has thumbed his nose at the democrat establishment from, basically day one. I don't wonder at all. I think trump could have been alright but Democrats created their own boogeyman and are now gaslighting you about their role in it. Let's explore a very incomplete timeline, shall we?

Aug. 15, 2016: After FBI counterespionage chief Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page met with Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Strzok texts Page that they couldn't take the risk of Trump getting elected without having "an insurance policy" in place.

October 2016: Benjamin Wittes, founder of a left-wing liberal blog called "Lawfare" - as in the "use of law as a weapon of conflict" - writes, "What if Trump wins? We need an insurance policy against the unthinkable: Donald Trump's actually winning the Presidency." Wittes writes that his vision of an "insurance policy" would rely on a "Coalition of All Democratic Forces" to challenge and obstruct Trump, using the courts as a "tool" and Congress as "a partner or tool." He even mentions impeachment - two weeks before Trump is elected.

Wittes has acknowledged being a good friend of fired FBI Director James Comey. He spoke to a New York Times reporter about Comey's interactions with President Trump right after Robert Mueller's appointment as special counsel. 

October 2016: The FBI begins a yearlong secret wiretap on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, which would have allowed intel officials access to information and conversations involving other Trump associates and possibly Trump himself. Page was never charged with any offense. The FBI never apologized for the unwarranted privacy intrusions. The lawfulness of the wiretap has been questioned. 

Jan. 3, 2017: Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) publicly warns Trump that if he took on the intelligence community, it has "six ways from Sunday to get back at you." 

Jan. 11, 2017: A Politico investigation concludes that Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump in the 2016 election with help from a Ukrainian American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee.

Jan. 30, 2017: Days after President Trump takes office, attorney Mark Zaid tweets that a "coup has started" and "impeachment will follow ultimately." Zaid often deals with government investigations and clients in the intelligence community. 

A few months later, still in 2017, Zaid tweets: "I predict @CNN will play a key role in @realDonaldTrump not finishing out his full term as president" and "We will get rid of him, and this country is strong enough to survive even him and his supporters." Zaid also tweets that "as one falls, two more will take their place" and the "coup" would occur in "many steps."

Zaid went on to represent the alleged whistleblower in the Trump impeachment effort. (Zaid has stated, in his own defense, that his mention of a "coup" simply referred to what he saw as a lawful attempt by attorneys to remove an unlawful president from office.)

May 17, 2017: Special counsel Robert Mueller begins investigating Trump. 

August 2017: Trump critic and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper is hired as an analyst at CNN. He attacks Trump regularly, at times with incorrect information.  

Jan. 23, 2018: Former Vice President Joe Biden publicly brags that he got Ukraine to fire its top prosecutor by threatening to withhold U.S. aid. The prosecutor was investigating Burisma, an energy company where Biden's son had served on the board since 2014, when his father was vice president.

Feb. 1, 2018: Trump critic and former CIA Director John Brennan is hired as an analyst for NBC and MSNBC, where he attacks Trump regularly, at times with incorrect information.

March 22, 2019: The special counsel's probe ends without concluding that Trump or his associates conspired with Russia, despite what critics such as Brennan and Clapper long had claimed. Democrats are unable to unite on an impeachment push over the findings.

April 2019: Ukraine elects a new president. Former Vice President Biden's son Hunter Biden steps down from the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

July 25, 2019: President Trump calls the newly elected president of Ukraine and asks for cooperation in a probe involving long-standing corruption in Ukraine along with alleged ties to U.S. Democrats and the 2016 campaign. 

Aug. 12, 2019: Someone alleging to be a whistleblower files a complaint about the phone call with the intelligence community's inspector general. The anonymous person alleges President Trump sought political dirt to use against Biden in 2020 as part of a "quid pro quo." Quids pro quo aren't inherently illegal or improper and are, in fact, a key component of most foreign aid. However, the whistleblower claims Trump is improperly withholding military aid from Ukraine for his own political purposes.

Sept. 9, 2019: The inspector general notifies the House Intelligence Committee about the complaint. Although Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) initially denies doing so, it turns out that he and his staff already had met with - or conspired with, depending on your view - the alleged whistleblower. 

Sept. 24, 2019: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announces an impeachment inquiry based on the alleged whistleblower's claims. 

On the same date, President Trump releases the transcript of his call with Ukraine's president. There is no mention of a quid pro quo, political dirt, withholding aid or campaign 2020. Trump's critics counter that these things were implicit. There is no evidence, however, that Ukraine provided Trump with "dirt" on Biden - a necessary component of an alleged quid pro quo.

Sept. 25, 2019: The president of Ukraine says he did not feel pushed by President Trump to investigate Biden or to take other action.

Oct. 31, 2019: The House approves impeachment process rules. The vote is largely along party lines, with two Democrats siding with Republicans.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Trump's core base loves pretending they're victims while complaining liberals act like victims too much.

Trump spent his whole presidency acting like the victim. 

It's only fitting. 

He did it to himself 

Ah yes, this from the guy who acts like that one picture of obama with a bone in his nose is the same level of opposition that trump was met with even when the media created the most fawning and servile cult of personality to him (obama)  that I've seen in my lifetime. 

3 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Ah yes, this from the guy who acts like that one picture of obama with a bone in his nose is the same level of opposition that trump was met with even when the media created the most fawning and servile cult of personality to him (obama)  that I've seen in my lifetime. 

Haven't checked out OANN or Newsmax, I see.

36 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Let’s see the right has OANN, and Newsmax.

The left has everything else...hardly balanced.

This isn't a seesaw, so I don't give a fuck about balance as it is Irrelavent to my point. 

29 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You're right. I have not because I don't bother with half assed biased bullshit. Listening to those sites would be like getting your news from  occupy democrats or the huffington post. 

Welll... You're not wrong.

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

I suspect you're willfully ignoring quite a lot. 

Not in the least.  Fox News was the bastion of everything Trump for 4 years. So when they pulled the plug on some of the idiocy, if not outright insanity, the two outlets I mentioned took similar material and sprinted with it.

So....no.  I suspect you assume too much.

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Not in the least.  Fox News was the bastion of everything Trump for 4 years. So when they pulled the plug on some of the idiocy, if not outright insanity, the two outlets I mentioned took similar material and sprinted with it.

So....no.  I suspect you assume too much.

Ah...I'd really love for you to post some of these hideously pro trump things fox has been posting. They're a boogeyman for a shit load of people but no one ever seems able to produce these radical far right things. Show me so we can discuss them together. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

- I'm not sure I've mentioned that in years

- Trump created much of the opposition he faces

- There was media, accessed by the mainstream (see what I did there), that built up Trump as well

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- I'm not sure I've mentioned that in years

- Trump created much of the opposition he faces

- There was media, accessed by the mainstream (see what I did there), that built up Trump as well

- you have

- while he created some in his time he responded to much that he didn't create. Bush faced similar levels of outright attacks but wisely kept his mouth shut

- I'm not sure what the fuck you're trying to get at here. No mainstream sources even the dreaded fox went to ammoland for stories. 

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

And still no stimulus for the American people, no infrastructure, no healthcare, nothing on immigration...

Where exactly do you think you are pointing that critique?

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Let’s see the right has OANN, and Newsmax.

The left has everything else...hardly balanced.

Wait! They have Fox now?

Does Hannity know?

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He can never run again if found guilty by the Senate. (see Mitch thread).

Trump will be impeached by the end of the week. Quite possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Tried in the Senate? Higher hurdle and potentially one that takes longer, but depending upon the amount of resistance McConnell puts up... and opinions on that vary... there are ways to fast track the Senate Trial as well.

So let's set the "100 days" aside... an honest question deserves an honest answer... and while Ag's answer is honest, it is not complete.

Now please indulge me for a minute while I lay out a couple considerations I feel are valid. I ask this because if you skip to my ultimate "honestly", the underlying factors will be lost.

First, the view of the majority of the country... as shown in the Poll I posted recently... is that Trump is responsible for the onslaught on the Capitol. I believe the number was 62%, but in any case it was 60+%. So for starters the representatives of that population are representing the view of their constituency.

Second, many members of Congress, all the Democrats, but also most Republicans believe they were in danger last week. And given the video evidence they've a right to that belief. They are not happy about it. And they are, in their view, properly laying the blame  at Trump's feet.

Third, if the above Congresspersons let the next 8 days pass, how do they punish Trump for what they see as his lawless actions. If he wrangles a pardon, Federal law can't touch him, but Impeachment with a conviction? Pardons cannot override that combination. So they achieve justice.

Now added honesty....

Pushing for impeachment is great politics... we're talking Mensa level, Jedi level stuff.

Putting every Republican member of Congress, House and Senate, on record... up or down on votes to Impeach and to Convict/Acquit respectively... should go far to entrenching Democrat majorities in both chambers.

Sure... there are red strongholds where "supporting the President", where having Trump's back will carry no consequences. I live in one such district.

Any purple district, even those with a healthy amount of red in the mix, that is now represented by a Republican will go blue as either:

1. the Congressperson votes for Impeachment then he gets primaried out by a Trump supporter who goes on to lose to the Dem because Independents and moderate Republicans either do not vote or vote for the Dem; or
  2. the Congressperson votes for Impeachment then somehow survives his Trump supporter challenge, but loses to the Dem because Trump supporters stay home or run someone as a 3rd party candidate; or
  3. the Congressperson votes against impeachment, survives the primary and loses to the Dem because Independents and moderate Republicans either do not vote or vote for the Dem.

Like I said... Mensa level...

Senate is basically the same, but on a grander scale. The Dem sweep of Georgia's runoff elections testify to the scenarios validity... and all the Incumbent Republican Senators did in that case was voice support for the President's conspiratorial stances.

Now it's go on record  either in support of or condemning in Liz Cheney's words:

"On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic. Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough.

The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution."

• Upvote 1

Conservative lawmakers rip into GOP Rep. Liz Cheney ...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservative...

A number of President Trump’s staunchest allies in Congress are publically calling out Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., for her frequent breaks with the president on issues ranging from his handling of ...

Liz Cheney asked by Matt Gaetz to step down after Trump ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/...

WASHINGTON – Several lawmakers and President Donald Trump's son criticized Rep. Liz Cheney – one even calling for her to step down from her leadership role – due to her critiques of the president...