THE BROWNS BOARD

Tuesday practice updates

SoCalDog

I'll give DA credit for at least showing he cares. I honestly thought he'd go into operation shrug shoulders with stupid grin on his face like in the past when he failed.

The kid is human, I don't like to see anybody struggle knowing they're losing their job. He ain't a bad dude.

Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

I don't know about getting inside his head, but I have watched him play and unravel under pressure, and then not recover. You haven't seen this kid collapse under pressure?

And now all of a sudden, with his starting position apparently on the line and the pressure mounting, he is a fiery, vocal leader?

Is that what you're trying to sell me? Cuz I ain't buying it.

He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

Like somehow you have climbed into Derek's head and are reporting back to the rest of us.

It's great knowing exactly what Derek is feeling at all times.

Hey zombo that sounds like something lums would post! hehehehehe ;)

Mangini had a meltdown too and the whole team is sucking and or mangini is in a bad mood because his loverarm is losing the contest in the rest of the worlds eyes and he is going to look stupid and get jeered for naming DA the man...

He's coming completley unhinged imo. At the scrimmage he threw a football down and was arguing with the refs so much about a sack rogers had on him they called a penalty and backed the offense up half the distance to the goal. That's very uncharacteristic of him and I think combined with all of the other things we've been hearing and then set in the context of him clearly falling behind in the qb competition and I think you have what I would call a complete meltdown. You don't have to be a mind reader to see it either.

I think Quinn will be the starter and have said so from the beginning. This hasn't been about who the best passer is. It has been about who can manage the offense the best and be the best leader on the field. So here's a revelation. If they don't get the running game going and going well, neither QB will be successful.

This season's success depends on our running game and the defense stopping the opponents running game. No QB will be successful in this system if they can't run the ball. It isn't about 8 men in the box either. It is about guys geting their ass whipped at the line of scrimmage (both sides of the ball).

I don't know about getting inside his head, but I have watched him play and unravel under pressure, and then not recover. You haven't seen this kid collapse under pressure?

And now all of a sudden, with his starting position apparently on the line and the pressure mounting, he is a fiery, vocal leader?

Is that what you're trying to sell me? Cuz I ain't buying it.

I just think he was mad because the receiver ran the wrong route.

Zombo

Oh how the desperate are grasping at straws now.

This is truly hilarious. BQ is shitting the bed and still better than DA. I love it.

Why would you love that??

I don't get some of you people. It is as if it is more important you win some goofy status on a message board v the team being good.

Anybody who roots against a Browns player isn't a fan IMO, and this board is full of people who root against one player or the other.

Two thumbs down.

Why would you love that??

I don't get some of you people. It is as if it is more important you win some goofy status on a message board v the team being good.

Anybody who roots against a Browns player isn't a fan IMO, and this board is full of people who root against one player or the other.

Two thumbs down.

As a leading DA-basher, I wouldn't say I "root against him", I'd say that I simply HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE of him being anything other than what he has shown us to be.

If DA magically turned into a real QB, I'd be just as excited as any other Browns fan.

But the reality is that he's a backup QB who only got a chance to shine because he was on the same team as Charlie Frye. Only in Cleveland would this sort of ridiculous story line continue for this long.

There's a reason why some guys are #1 picks and some guys aren't. People have forgotten that very simple fact because we Cleveland fans are so desperate for a real QB that we'll pretend anyone with the ability to throw the football is a real QB.

Let's get back to reality, shall we? The 6th round journeyman has likely peaked. The first round pick is about to get his chance to succeed or fail.

THAT is the player we should be cheering for, NOT because his name is Brady Quinn but because HE COST OUR TEAM A FIRST ROUND PICK.

Except Quinn is smart/personable enough to shill.

Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

All were effective.

Let's face it, when it comes to pitchmen, Brady's more like billy Banks, Sally Fields, Fergie, Shatner, Suzanne Sommers, Ricardo Montalban, Fabio.... Anderson's, more like Clara Peller, Bob Dole, the Bartles and James farmer guys, the cranberry ninja fruit guys, Mr. Whipple, and the various Maytag guys...

All were effective.

Unfortunately for DA, his quarterbacking over the last year-and-a-half has been Bartles and Jamesian.

All were effective.

Except it doesn't seem like Anderson's been terribly "effective" in the past week and a half or so.

Perhaps Quinn has finally "shaken off the dust/rust" from 2 years of Crennelephant-imposed benchrot and it's putting more pressure (gasp!) on Anderson. But DA seems to handling it beautifully.

SUBJECT: Tuesday Practice Updates...

This is so misleading.. I tune in hoping to hear how the team is responding to their totally innept performance of saturday and instead all I get is the usual Brady Quinn lovefest...

Come on guys, there are other aspects of the Browns that needs reporting yet all we can muster is Quinn is great and Anderson is melting down......

This team is more than a QB controversy.... Saturday we sucked in most aspects of the game...

BTW Steinbach took the morning off because he met some of Mangini's objectives and earned a free pass which he exercised this morning...Hope that doesn't morph into another big buzz here on the board....jeesh

Peace

T.Dawg

SUBJECT: Tuesday Practice Updates...

This is so misleading.. I tune in hoping to hear how the team is responding to their totally innept performance of saturday and instead all I get is the usual Brady Quinn lovefest...

Come on guys, there are other aspects of the Browns that needs reporting yet all we can muster is Quinn is great and Anderson is melting down......

This team is more than a QB controversy.... Saturday we sucked in most aspects of the game...

BTW Steinbach took the morning off because he met some of Mangini's objectives and earned a free pass which he exercised this morning...Hope that doesn't morph into another big buzz here on the board....jeesh

Peace

T.Dawg

Denial hurts man. You don't want to accept reality, be my guest.

Restin what the hell are you talking about??????

Denial hurts man??????? You don't want to accept reality????? be my guest??????

Earth to Restin, Earth to Restin........

I have no idea what so ever what the hell you mean, you're not on crack or something, are you???

Peace

T.Dawg

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

7:54:44 pm Browns LB Titus Brown was limping and helped off the field by trainers.

7:41:25 pm The Browns run-blocking and overall running game looks better tonight. The team has struggled on the ground since the beginning of last season.

7:40:34 pm Browns FB Lawrence Vickers just showed why he's primarily a blocker when he dropped a sure TD pass all alone in the flat to earn a "punishmennt lap."

7:29:35 pm The Browns first-team OL left-to-right tonight: LT Joe Thomas, LG Eric Steinbach, C Hank Fraley, RG Floyd Womack, RT John St. Clair. Don't be surprised if that's how they line up when Minnesota invades for the regular season opener.

7:22:26 pm Just-acquired RB Chris Jennings has made two impressive runs today. The Browns are short-handed with Jerome Harrison sidelined.

7:20:08 pm DE Kenyon Coleman forced his way into the backfield to stop RB James Davis on a running play. Coleman is a likely starter when the Browns regular season starts.

7:17:11 pm Browns RB Jamal Lewis received kudos from coaches after he burst over the middle for a long gain in game simulation. Such successes have been rare for Browns RBs in recent days, including the shutout loss at Green Bay Saturday.

7:15:38 pm The Browns cheered and laughed when OL Eric Steinbach caught a TD pass from Brady Quinn on a tackle eligible play in red zone drills.

7:14:34 pm Browns QB Derek Anderson leaped into the air in frustration after firing an errant pass that S Abram Elam should have intercepted.

7:13:55 pm LB Beau Bell, who has struggled to make a mark with the Browns, stopped rookie RB James Davis for a loss during red zone drills.

6:58:01 pm Browns TE Aaron Walker dropped a pass right in his hands. With Robert Royal, Steve Heiden and Martin Rucker ahead of him, Walker

I'll just post this without any comments.... :)

"In came Derek Anderson and the second unit. There was an 8-yard completion to Brian Robiskie, followed by a false start, a delay of game penalty, a wasted timeout, a throwaway, a handoff to Noah Herron and a punt. "

"Asked how a team could commit a delay of game penalty after a false start, Mangini responded, "That's a great question. I asked the same thing. It shouldn't happen."

Actually I'd think those things probably had him just as upset or more.

and remember when he said the key factor in this would be how the guys control the huddle and run the offense? doesn't sound good for DA does it?

I wonder if Mangini knew how big a task it was going to be with these guys?

Were the Jet's in this bad of shape when he went to NY?

This is stuff RAC never even gave a crap about.

Guest Aloysius
Browns LB Titus Brown was limping and helped off the field by trainers.

Doerschuk has more on this:

Outside linebacker Titus Brown suffered an apparent leg injury during the evening practice.

Brown has been running with the ones at times and was getting extra time topday because veteran David Bowens, one of the ex-Jets, has been rehabbing on the exercise bike.

One eyewitness told us he saw Brown in the parking area a while after practice wearing what looked like a walking boot. The Browns can be expected to say little or nothing of his condition.

He says that Benard moved up to the first team when Brown went out. It's interesting that he got the nod over Alex Hall.

OBR twittering from practice tonight saying Quinn is lighting it up.

Doesn't surprise me - the kid is a 1st round talent. I can't take credit for DRAFTING Quinn or even WANTING him in round 1. I'm sure alot of people feel the same way. However, since we landed him AND Joe Thomas in round 1 - it sure would be nice to see what we drafted when the alternative deflates 90% of my excitement and outlook on the season.

Here's our first 3 games of 2008 by the regressing alternative:

Cleveland 10 Dallas 28

Cleveland 6 Pittsburgh 10

Cleveland 10 Baltimore 28

- Tom F. (I just bought Atenears a Quinn jersey - he LOVES that kid)

Doesn't surprise me - the kid is a 1st round talent. I can't take credit for DRAFTING Quinn or even WANTING him in round 1. I'm sure alot of people feel the same way. However, since we landed him AND Joe Thomas in round 1 - it sure would be nice to see what we drafted when the alternative deflates 90% of my excitement and outlook on the season.

Here's our first 3 games of 2008 by the regressing alternative:

Cleveland 10 Dallas 28

Cleveland 6 Pittsburgh 10

Cleveland 10 Baltimore 28

- Tom F. (I just bought Atenears a Quinn jersey - he LOVES that kid)

Skippy has had a secret fetish for the Coverboy for awhile now. Sometimes it takes time to come to grips with things.

Archived