THE BROWNS BOARD

Hollywood returns!

LondonBrown

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

Loves the City ....not in it for the cash

Don't kid yourself. He hasn't made so much that he isn't in it for the cash.  He didn't have better offers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Don't kid yourself. He hasn't made so much that he isn't in it for the cash.  He didn't have better offers.

Probably truth to that...but it could also be that he thinks he could have a shot at a ring here.  And who knows what's going on with OBJ...maybe they're not so high on OBJ.  -  Like Chris Collinsworth said during one of our games, "He's not fast, isn't a particularly good route runner, but he and Baker have a connection."  I'm glad he's here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I love me some prove it deals.

Although it Creates another question heading into 2022.  Where our WR room could look VERY different.  

I agree. 

I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Silver slayer said:

My take is this is the last year higgy, obj and landry

Next off-season higgins gets extended and the LSU  guys will be surprised to be told to go elsewhere 

You really must think Pro-Bowl WRs just grow on trees.  Sure the Browns are way up there- 3rd in the NFL- on WR positional spending. It's not like we can't afford to. OBJ's future in 2022 will be dependent on whether he can stay healthy or not. 

On 3/18/2021 at 6:13 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Deal is 2.38M for 2021.

Betcha next offseason we look to make WR younger & more explosive. VS Baltimore in playoffs we couldn't beat their press man.

Don't be surprised if it is this year.  The draft is loaded with excellent receivers.  Maybe the best receiver class in decades.  I don't think we will use our 1st rounder on a receiver, but we could if the receiver is clearly the BPA.  I fully expect we will draft a receiver in rounds 2 or 3.  We may not, but I wouldn't be anywhere near shocked.  

I don't think both of OBJ and Landry are here next year.  Maybe both will be gone.  Now, not next year is the time to plan for that.

• Upvote 1

You don't necessarily have to be "explosive" to beat press. (But it sure helps)    nobody is going to call Fitz,  Boldin or Michael Thomas that explosive, but they tend to annihilate more physical db's with their size, strength and footwork.  If I can't beat you vertical, then I'm just going to out muscle and out position you on 50/50 throws.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I still think a waterbug is on our shopping list this draft. A smaller, more quick than fast WR who puts fear in Ds whenever he has the ball and who is also comfortable returning punts.

There are a couple really good prospects in that vein that'll be there Day 2.

I still think a waterbug is on our shopping list this draft. A smaller, more quick than fast WR who puts fear in Ds whenever he has the ball and who is also comfortable returning punts.

Any names please Tour, I’ve got some time to look at a few today 😀

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The guy I want is Toney from Florida.  He won't be there, but I want him.

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Any names please Tour, I’ve got some time to look at a few today 😀

1st find was UL's Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell (5'9, 165)... once upon a time he was round 4-ish, but now is in the mix for Round 2. So enter....

Auburn's Anthony Schwartz (6'0, 179)... tad tall for waterbug status at 6'0, but still very quick.

And finally a pair of Day 3, small college kids...

• North Texas' Jaelon Darden (5'9, 170)... probably the buggiest of all.
  • Western Michigan's D'Wayne Eskridge (5'9, 189).

image.png.02bd439d26887aaddb4ebb0dbf032eed.pngimage.png.f6a6632e1689da8f3cbf46318b93919f.png

image.png.cb73ada2565d8285c62362be7caf84ad.pngimage.png.29e6d507eb38e81cc367c4c34c522f17.png

On 3/18/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I agree. 

I'd put a ton of money that 2 of the 3 - and maybe all three - of Landry, OBJ and Higgins are playing their last season with the Browns in 2021. 

It all depends but you could be right. We could also run it back again if things work out and contracts get restructured after a substantial boost in cap next year. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

It all depends but you could be right. We could also run it back again if things work out and contracts get restructured after a substantial boost in cap next year. 

Possibly, or OBJ has another season where he misses games, and Higgins and Landry get another year older and another tick slower in their 40 times. 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I agree. 

I agree with that. Higgins will always be a year to year guy.  OBJ and Jarvis make a ton of money.  It will get harder and harder to keep both.  This is a good draft for receivers.  If we select one fairly high, I think it is a clear signal that one of OBJ or Landry are gone at some point in the near future.  Near future meaning anytime before the trade deadline and the 2022 season.

If the plan is to trade one of them, drafting a receiver this year is the time to plan for that, not next draft. Again, it is a great year to draft a receiver, and I don't think we want to go in to next year counting on a freshly drafted rookie. It makes sense to give that player a year under the belt.