THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper Rest in Peace

37 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Gipper is on the far right. Kathy is next to him. Westside Steve is above him. Stan in the green shirt, Marko next to him, Keith Kmac next him, and Larry Hoorta on far left. The other two blokes are Howard and Gareth from UK, Gareth has his arm around Howard's cousin.

I either took the picture, or I missed that year!.

Z

Man, thanks for this Z. 

46 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Gipper is on the far right. Kathy is next to him. Westside Steve is above him. Stan in the green shirt, Marko next to him, Keith Kmac next him, and Larry Hoorta on far left. The other two blokes are Howard and Gareth from UK, Gareth has his arm around Howard's cousin.

I either took the picture, or I missed that year!.

Z

FB_IMG_1623288495709.jpg

🧡🧡🧡

• Thanks 1

Oh, my. Been so busy for a few days, and THIS TRAGEDY hits. God Bless his family and friends - I got to meet Gipper at a tailgate some years ago - was a great guy - nothing like he posts often on the board.... this is really shocking. I didn't know about it til Canton Mike called me. Very, very sad to lose a member of the Brownsboard. See ya one day in that big Browns stadium loge in the sky, Gip.

OH MY!   I'm stunned.  I'm saddened.  I'm.....I'm.....so sorry for our loss.  I will pray for his soul.  I will pray for his family and friends.  

Unbelievable.  

Rest In Peace Gipper.  We will all miss you here!

• Upvote 1

Wow such sad news. R.I.P. Gipper. Prayers for peace and comfort for all who knew him.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

I either took the picture, or I missed that year!. Z

Great pic Z...   

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Whoever it is has admin access.

LOL, be thankful I'm one step below the Supreme Commander and Z.   And give a huge shout out to Kathy for keeping this site up and running- she pays the bills. It well could have all gone away when Stan died.   

4 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

RIP  Gipper - it is always great to see a photo ^ to place the names with a face.. 

Now we've been Id'ed.  :D But seriously- this board has evolved into one big dysfunctional family over the years. It's why- God willing- we're going to have another group Tailgate in Cleveland again this year. All welcome, even Vagitron.  Put a face with a name. Talk with guys you either love or hate. (Ghoolie was there a few times.) Have a shot of my famous Orange Shit and a beer or two, and take the cornhole challenge before heading over to the Stadium.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Wow.... just wow...

Lord knows I battled Gip's.... well... obstinance... the past few years, but it was not always that way.

When I was a pup/newbie on this board, he was one of the welcoming mainstays. It was his trivia and survey threads that drew me in and helped "establish" me here.

The battles came later... much later.... but thru them all I always gave him credit for the work he put in on those threads... even when it was obvious that they were used to fuel his real vocation... arguing. Hey.... it's what lawyers do...

Suggest to the Mods that we pin this thread and then merge it into a permanently pinned, Memorial thread... kinda TBB's "Ring of Honor". The Stan thread can start it...

On a lighter note...

Is it just me or do h and The Gibber look like twins who were separated at birth?

image.png.d10b338259fc566b43d4046410bdc543.pngimage.png.b5b7e1c846fa9adbefae28507c2fb4a2.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man I hate to hear this. He was the most passionate person on here. The board will not be the same without him

Prayers to his family, friends, and all those who knew him.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

Me too!

I always looked forward to reading any thread Gip started. 

My heart dropped when I saw this. 

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It's not showing up on my phone. Hopefully you can figure it out I will make sure to get whatever Brown's fans pics to his family..

I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

And I'm also in on flowers. 

While we always had hearty battles.. I had much respect for the man.. I was out of town the last few days on a camping trip.. Thank you for all of the great factoids and Browns History you provided to us over the years.. May you find peace in Gods Kingdom.. RIP your Honor!.. "Slams a Gavel"

18 hours ago, Hag2 said:

First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

X2.

Dam internet & the tough guys. Our world is dumb.

• Upvote 3

Oh my I just found out about this he was indeed too young to leave this world.

This board will not be the same is a big understatement in deed.

We will miss all of his contributions here.   He was my first post here.

Adios counselor.

5000037171.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm in too if anyone wants to set something up, keep us posted.

Screenshot_2021-06-10_161053.jpg

53 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Here’s some pics I lifted from Gip’s Facebook page.

His death comes 2 weeks after my wife of 20 years passed away.

Great pictures, and I am so sorry to hear about your wife..... I can't, and won't even try to imagine. 😔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

And I'm also in on flowers. 

Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

WSS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

I see pictures of a man that I never met nor knew what he looked like.  And it still brings a tear to my eye.  These are people on this board that are our brothers (and sisters).  They are people that love the Browns.  Not just 'like' them.  But love them.  And that creates a special bond (for the most part...as I do have a few on my ignore list).  -  Very sad.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

........takes a while to load doesn't it?   Make's ya think that it didn't work, so ya do it again.

LOL and again, and again...  I thought I had it down to one from four...   So I deleted the post....  But I could edit your reply... Now everyone knows what I look like and can hunt me down....  :)  BTW, this picture is from the outskirts of Killbuck- you can check it out on Google maps.   Part of my adventure completing the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail last summer... 

And I really don't think me and Gipper look all that alike, other than we're both old...    

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It's not showing up on my phone. Hopefully you can figure it out I will make sure to get whatever Brown's fans pics to his family..

PS I finally figured it out, and it makes no sense to me...  Copying an image direct from Google to the Board apparently doesn't work. But If I copy an image from my Google album to my pictures album on my computer & post it- then it will show up here.    

• Thanks 1

One last thought...

I just hope St. Peter's greeting of Gip to the Pearlie Gates isn't anything along the lines of:

Well, Gip.... we normally don't let lawyers in here, but since you already went thru hell when your Browns moved to Baltimore...

Oy vey....

• Haha 9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other.

That'll work as well...

Prolly the ACLU... :D

And what's with the Brit-spell of of organization?

• Haha 2