THE BROWNS BOARD

The narrative we knew is not reality...

Words uttered by a reporter regarding riots at the white house and St.Andrews regarding the "peaceful" protestd snd EEEEVVVVIL facist trump are starting to ring true more and more in regards to the Retarded things Democrats have believed and endorsed over the trump era. 

Here's another one that's been flying under the radar. Re: hydroxychloroquine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/study-shows-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-treatments-210300816.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Words uttered by a reporter regarding riots at the white house and St.Andrews regarding the "peaceful" protestd snd EEEEVVVVIL facist trump are starting to ring true more and more in regards to the Retarded things Democrats have believed and endorsed over the trump era. 

Here's another one that's been flying under the radar. Re: hydroxychloroquine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/study-shows-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-treatments-210300816.html

No doubt whoever performed the study were bad scientists.*

WSS

*ALSO  Trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

On 6/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, JAFBF said:

BTW Mods - how much longer before I get nuked ?

Have a few nukes I'd like to drop before then, so just curious.

Never- you're good anytime I need a laugh..   

Don't recall if I've ever called you stupid or brain dead, (unlike Woody) I try to avoid insulting other posters unless I'm seriously provoked first.    

BUT- way back in the early days of the Internet before there was the ability to block or ban posters\spammers on totally unable to be moderated Usenet message boards, you could vote on the "Kook of the Month". Ghoolie actually won it a few times. I'll bestow that treasured title on you.  :)  

Ah the good old days of ©Flame Giant, Admiral Meowcat, and Bernie@home.com   I don't much miss them...  Bernie was such an obnoxious troll there was a plan afoot to track him down and destroy his computer...  

On 6/11/2021 at 8:21 PM, JAFBF said:

Also.

image.png.652362e2786a488f5f1300145b4b6020.png

Keep in mind, the "India" strain is supposed too be the worst.

OK- "CBK News" Is that the Central Bank of Kenya, Central Bank of Kuwait, Come Back Kids, Crock of (unverified) Bullshit Krap, or some other twitter account stirring up you right wing folks?   

Brought to you by the same folks saying that covid vaccines will magnetize you.   :D  

First, fuck, Americans are fat.

From the study:

"Obesity, as observed in many studies, was common (50.4%) in this Cohort. Only 18.1% had a normal BMI, while 31.9% was overweight. This cohort’s mean BMI = 31.4. While similar to other reports on critically-ill Covid patients, this mean BMI is substantially higher than that seen in intravenous antibiotic trials.

Confirming prior results on hospitalized Covid patients, obesity was more common and more severe in younger patients in this Cohort (11). The mean BMI of patients < 60 years-old was 4.6 greater than that patients over ≥ 60 years-old. Accordingly, patients <60 years-old had a higher percentage of patients with severe obesity (BMI > 40).

BMI controls for height. However, the absolute weight range of the Cohort was extremely wide. The greatest weight was nearly 7-times the lowest. Further, the weights of 16.1% were ≥ 2 times the weights of 7.8% of the Cohort. These vast differences in weights would be expected to have a large impact on therapeutics, since the majority of medications was not weight-adjusted dosed."

Second, before anyone here tries to go on some victory lap, this is a preprint study. None of this has been peer reviewed.

"Caution: Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information."

Just looking through the comments there seem to be some questions. If the effects of HCQ are being measured based on hitting a certain level of cumulative dosage, then the patient would need to survive long enough just to hit that dosage. And if they've survived long enough to hit that dosage, than they're already inherently more likely to survive as a result. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK- "CBK News" Is that the Central Bank of Kenya, Central Bank of Kuwait, Come Back Kids, Crock of (unverified) Bullshit Krap, or some other twitter account stirring up you right wing folks?   

Brought to you by the same folks saying that covid vaccines will magnetize you.   :D  

Here you go:

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Here you go:

Here you go...  another anti-parasite drug...  https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a607069.html

"The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine has recently become aware of increased public visibility of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin after the announcement of a research article that described the effect of ivermectin on SARS-CoV-2 in a laboratory setting. The Antiviral Research pre-publication paper, The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro documents how SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) responded to ivermectin when exposed in a petri dish.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for use in animals for prevention of heartworm disease in some small animal species, and for treatment of certain internal and external parasites in various animal species."

As Woody pointed out- this study hasn't been peer reviewed, or probably not duplicated...   MHO? peer review controlled studies of hydroxychloroquine vs placebo have shown no statistical benefit.. Soooo... well....  let's just try another anti parasitic drug that's used on animals for kicks and giggles to see if that will work...   Works in a laboratory setting? I can guarantee you 5% bleach will wipe out covid19 in a petri dish too.  Maybe you guys ought to try injecting that like President Lysol suggested...Cure assured, but you'll also be pretty dead... :D 

PS- That this drug is being suppressed by Big Pharma is, as usual- total conspiracy bullshit.  If it really works as advertised, drug manufacturers would be falling all over themselves to pump out as much as they possibly could...   

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

...PS- That this drug is being suppressed by Big Pharma is, as usual- total conspiracy bullshit.  If it really works as advertised, drug manufacturers would be falling all over themselves to pump out as much as they possibly could...   

Except that ivermectin is a generic drug that is off patent; it goes for roughly $4 a pill. Pharmaceutical companies are just like companies in any other industry; their goal is to make a profit. On-patent medicine sells for quite alot more than generic drugs, and can only be made by the pharma company that holds the patent and other companies that they contract out to. Faced with choosing between producing a generic medication for little profit and can be made by anyone, or, selling a medication that can bring in substantially more money and can only be made by the patent holder, what course of action do you think pharmaceutical companies would take? It wouldn't surprise me at all for pharma companies to try to suppress continued research and clinical trials into an off-patent generic drug.

Btw, the fact that a medication starts out as veterinary drug is pretty inconsequential. Many drugs that are developed start out as such until clinical trials demonstrate their usefulness in treating humans. It happens all the time. And using a medicine to treat something that it wasn't originally designed for happens all the time too. Pfizer was a middle of the road pharma company in the 90s until they found out that their failed heart medicine was excellent for giving Baby Boomers erections, and now they're in the top 5 largest pharma companies in the world. 

Look at it this way, Larry: the pharma companies producing the Covid-19 vaccine are charging anywhere from $4-$20 per dose; many of which require two doses to be effective. That's billions of dollars in profit that they're getting from just the US alone, not to mention the money they get from other countries around the world. The companies making the vaccine have little to no liability if their vaccine is ineffective or causes dangerous side effects, so they don't have to worry about accruing fines if their shit is bunk or harmful, unlike other medicines. And each companies' vaccine is under patent to them, which enhances their profits even more. So why would pharma companies be interested in doing clinical trials on an off-patent, generic drug that anyone can make and sells for significantly less than the vaccines that they're producing? There's little to no financial incentive for them to do so. 

That's also why the US and many other western countries are in a bind right now with having shortages of basic antibiotics and generic medicines: they make little to no money making them domestically, so they moved their production overseas to China where the low production costs there let them turn a profit. He'll, penicillin is one of the most basic and effective antibiotics ever discovered, and the last US company which made it domestically closed in 2004.

Full disclosure: the company I work for is a contactor for one of the major pharma players making the Covid-19 vaccine, so I got to peak behind the curtain and can see how the sausage is made to a certain level.

My sister is a registered nurse working in a covid wing in Jacksonville. She claims people with both vaccinations are still being intubated and almost unilaterally the people dying are fat. 

I tend to take her at her word more than some talking head asshole on cable news. 

48 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

My sister is a registered nurse working in a covid wing in Jacksonville. She claims people with both vaccinations are still being intubated and almost unilaterally the people dying are fat. 

I tend to take her at her word more than some talking head asshole on cable news. 

The fact that covid-19 vaccines have been touted as a panacea that completely prevents getting sick shows the lack of scientific education in this country. The covid-19 vaccine is effective at preventing someone from dying of the virus, but much like other vaccines, it's not 100% effective. People get flu shots every year and still get sick from the flu and some still die. Vaccines are harm reduction, not impervious shields. That's why I think it's criminal that other drugs like ivermectin, which can be used in conjunction with vaccines and other treatments to prevent or reduce covid symptoms, is not being given more attention and funding for research.

16 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

The fact that covid-19 vaccines have been touted as a panacea that completely prevents getting sick shows the lack of scientific education in this country. The covid-19 vaccine is effective at preventing someone from dying of the virus, but much like other vaccines, it's not 100% effective. People get flu shots every year and still get sick from the flu and some still die. Vaccines are harm reduction, not impervious shields. That's why I think it's criminal that other drugs like ivermectin, which can be used in conjunction with vaccines and other treatments to prevent or reduce covid symptoms, is not being given more attention and funding for research.

No doubt. Just for the record how safe do you think the government is going to be able to keep everybody? 

And even though some educated people make a compelling argument for it I think anti vaxing is stupid.  Not as stupid as wearing a mask in your car,  walking down the street or on the bike trail but still….

WSS

It just goes to show, to me, that the "pandemic" (and man am I fucking sick of hearing the dumbest people I've ever met going on about that) is exactly as bad as the attention it receives. If the media wants it to be over to boost support for their cause then it is over. If the media wants it to be the top story and the end of the world it is that. 

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It just goes to show, to me, that the "pandemic" (and man am I fucking sick of hearing the dumbest people I've ever met going on about that) is exactly as bad as the attention it receives. If the media wants it to be over to boost support for their cause then it is over. If the media wants it to be the top story and the end of the world it is that. 

I mean.... Hundreds of thousands of people have died... 

It kinda was/is "the" story. 

You can not like that. And we can agree all media wants to get views. But this was still a very big deal that irreversibly changed millions of lives

25 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You missed the point I see. Nothing has changed except the way they're treating it. People are still being intubated. People are still dying. But because they decree it's over so that joe biden can take credit for it, it's effectively over. 

If 5 people die, then people are still dying.

If 5000 people die, then a LOT more people are dying.  There is a significant difference between these two numbers.

(not to scale or meant to be accurate, just given as an example)

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

If 5 people die, then people are still dying.

If 5000 people die, then a LOT more people are dying.  There is a significant difference between these two numbers.

(not to scale or meant to be accurate, just given as an example)

Wow, you're sure smert.

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You missed the point I see. Nothing has changed except the way they're treating it. People are still being intubated. People are still dying. But because they decree it's over so that joe biden can take credit for it, it's effectively over. 

I mean, it's definitely a hell of a lot better, but we still need to finish strong. It isn't "gone" by any means. I hope our stupid ass population continues to get vaccinated. 

Whatever war people want to wage against "MSM", while ignoring the massive right-wing media base, is their own thing. I'm over the complaining.