THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Walker knee injury

Comeonman

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/live-updates-anthony-walker-jr-reveals-why-he-joined-single-digit-club-switched-

Live Updates: Anthony Walker out 'a week plus' with knee injury but won't require surgery

AW will get mental reps... which is primarily why he is here... to run the D on the field.

JOK returns from the Covid list just as the field reps open up.

• Like 2

Our Green Dot on D is hurt.  And it sounds like he almost got hurt bad.  Hope he heals up good. 

It's a lot easier to have a good season when your projected starters can play.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Orion said:

Our Green Dot on D is hurt.  And it sounds like he almost got hurt bad.  Hope he heals up good. 

It's a lot easier to have a good season when your projected starters can play.

Big time good news! This time of year is just the worst. You feel like you're just waiting for bad news at times, haha. This, however, is terrific news and if he's truly out for just a week, it's no big deal at all. 

I know injuries are a part of the game, but I REALLY want to see our defense at full strength for at least a few games, hopefully more. I feel like the combination of Garrett and Clowney will be a potential nightmare for teams, especially on passing downs. Clowney looks VERY fast right now and I'm pretty sure he's going to cause problems. Wouldn't surprise me if Myles had a career sack year if Clowney is healthy. The QBs won't have anywhere to go. 

Of course Clowney being healthy is a rather large "if" but he sure looks good now. 

On 8/5/2021 at 6:34 AM, gumby73 said:

can we just FF>> to KC?  

I hear ya, but it would be nice if our D at least knew each other's names first...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:34 AM, gumby73 said:

GIFs Larry culpepper Dr pepper Relieved GIF   can we just FF>> to KC?  

Such a bad matchup for a team that has overhauled their defense, to start a season. 

Now that I wrote that, watch the Browns hold Kansas City to 10 points 😀

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Such a bad matchup for a team that has overhauled their defense, to start a season. 

Now that I wrote that, watch the Browns hold Kansas City to 10 points 😀

On the road, against the best team in the NFL, with a completely new defense and with our last 20 years of opening day results as a predictor... 

What's the worst that can happen? 

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

KC's 2021 OL left-to-right: Orlando Brown [from BAL], Thuney [NE], Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith, Mike Remmers [PFF 70.1 last season].

Someone named Antonio Callaway is a KC WR backup.

I like our matchup against their tackles.  Remmers can be a turnstile, Brown is big but I think can be susceptible to speed.   And while Creed Humphrey is going to be a good one (accomplished wrestler background and I love Oline with wrestling backgrounds) making calls and bringing the group together week 1.  Big advantage Browns.

we will get a heavy dose of the run game and short passes with their weapons. It should make game planning against then a little easier. 

On 8/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I think it's a good matchup.  It might just be a slap in the face to the hyped Browns players and get them to wipe that smile off their faces.  It could be the best thing to happen to them.  Make them more focused and determined going forward.  (operative word, 'could')