THE BROWNS BOARD

Around The League

Unsympathetic

BAL marquise brown has been out for a while with a hamstring injury

TEN julio jones.. exactly the same.

PHI looking to trade for deshaun watson because Hurts is not going to cut it.

CIN camp looks even worse than what we normally associate with the nasty natti.

NO michael thomas just had surgery and will miss perhaps the first 5 weeks of the season.  Communication is key in every profession.

Steelers just traded for Schobert with jags retaining salary. I know you fellas like to follow your own former or not. Spillane has been bad, he will slot in next to bush. Pretty happy about it. 😎🤙

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Steelers just traded for Schobert with jags retaining salary. I know you fellas like to follow your own former or not. Spillane has been bad, he will slot in next to bush. Pretty happy about it. 😎🤙

Very good in coverage, questionable vs the run. Smart guy. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Very good in coverage, questionable vs the run. Smart guy. 

Yea. We just need him for the coverage. It opens bush up for more freedom. Always had huge games against the Steelers. We didn’t give up much either. Hope your summer has been going well. 🤙😎

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He's a good, smart player. Good addition for you guys. Jags overpaid him, but he is athletic and smart, not so big though.

That said, Chubb will run past him like he is standing still.

Z

Yea I’ve always been a fan. Jags did overpay but I don’t think it’s nuts. We’ve got devin bush for that. 😉

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Always liked Shobert and wish we could have worked out a deal. We def needed him last year. Hate that he went to the Steelers. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/10/2021 at 8:50 AM, Unsympathetic said:

BAL marquise brown has been out for a while with a hamstring injury

TEN julio jones.. exactly the same.

PHI looking to trade for deshaun watson because Hurts is not going to cut it.

CIN camp looks even worse than what we normally associate with the nasty natti.

NO michael thomas just had surgery and will miss perhaps the first 5 weeks of the season.  Communication is key in every profession.

Surprised PHI is already looking past Hurts, if that truly is the case. But if you could land Deshaun….

36 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Always liked Shobert and wish we could have worked out a deal. We def needed him last year. Hate that he went to the Steelers. 

Yea I was surprised when you guys didn’t but then again he got paid a bunch to go to Jax. You probably weren’t even on the radar after that offer came down. He was one of the guys I never really ran my mouth about when debating with gipper (rip) It’s a pretty smart trade especially with Jax retaining salary and Spillane for us looking pretty rough. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yea I was surprised when you guys didn’t but then again he got paid a bunch to go to Jax. You probably weren’t even on the radar after that offer came down. He was one of the guys I never really ran my mouth about when debating with gipper (rip) It’s a pretty smart trade especially with Jax retaining salary and Spillane for us looking pretty rough. 

You got a decent starter for free.  No brainer trade. Hasn't yet been reported what the Jags got in return for an obvious (future) salary dump. And Joe does carry a $9 million cap hit next year if you bought yourself a one year rent a player. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Steelers are desperate. I can’t imagine bragging about signing joe schobert lol. He misses so many tackles. Schobert is ok, not a scrub, average. Browns didn’t resign him and jags didn’t want him either.

Who is bragging? I’m pretty happy with the trade, they gave up a late round pick. I’d have to look again but I believe it’s a 6th. I’ve always thought he was pretty good, specifically in coverage and that’s where he will be needed to open bush up to more of a Swiss Army knife role. I assume the jags traded him because of scheme because the jags FO changed. All I know is I absolutely love all the Steelers doubters. It’s naive, hilarious and blind. A good bunch seem to act like the Steelers are void of talent, you all are gonna find out. I will be here for it too: 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

You got a decent starter for free.  No brainer trade. Hasn't yet been reported what the Jags got in return for an obvious (future) salary dump. And Joe does carry a $9 million cap hit next year if you bought yourself a one year rent a player. 

It’s a 6th I believe, maybe a 7th. I’d have to look and the jags are retaining salary. Next year is anyone’s guess but if he’s the guy that was very solid in coverage this year I’d be good with paying him what he is owed. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

It’s a 6th I believe, maybe a 7th. 

a 2022 6th round pick...

Good Player.. on a fired Jags GM.. overpay..

Not many here, were ever thinking of paying The Show that kind of deal  

22 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

a 2022 6th round pick...

Good Player.. on a fired Jags GM.. overpay..

Not many here, were ever thinking of paying The Show that kind of deal  

Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state. 

31 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Hurts completed only 52% last year.. and in wk1 of preseason was 3-7.

Preseason seriously means absolutely dick. It’s all vanilla. The eagles have three firsts so going for Watson makes sense and hurts can go to Houston. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Who is bragging? I’m pretty happy with the trade, they gave up a late round pick. I’d have to look again but I believe it’s a 6th. I’ve always thought he was pretty good, specifically in coverage and that’s where he will be needed to open bush up to more of a Swiss Army knife role. I assume the jags traded him because of scheme because the jags FO changed. All I know is I absolutely love all the Steelers doubters. It’s naive, hilarious and blind. A good bunch seem to act like the Steelers are void of talent, you all are gonna find out. I will be here for it too: 

“Doubters” after a 12 win season and a stable organization of 25+ years. Hmmmmm. 

Not sure how many “you all” there are. All I know is that the AFC north will be one of the two hardest divisions to play in this year and a couple years to come 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Comeonman said:

“Doubters” after a 12 win season and a stable organization of 25+ years. Hmmmmm. 

Not sure how many “you all” there are. All I know is that the AFC north will be one of the two hardest divisions to play in this year and a couple years to come 

Yea I should have worded  that differently. I really just meant the dudes that foam here and via other social media platforms. You aren’t part of that crowd but this board has its share 😎🤙

16 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Just trying to trigger you vag. I’ll take gippers place. It’s also naive hilarious and blind to believe they are winning the division this year

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Just trying to trigger you vag. I’ll take gippers place. It’s also naive hilarious and blind to believe they are winning the division this year

I didn’t say anything about the division and who was going to win. 🤙

Beyond that what reason do you have for them not to contend? Pouncey has been average, Villanueva overrated and Decastro has been playing hurt. Three big name subtractions but I believe additions by subtraction because the scheme is completely different. DeCastro healthy still has it but I’m not sure he’s going to keep playing. We get Devin Bush back, we added a bell cow in Harris and the line is now much more athletic even if unproven. I also expect Ben to be better not worse because he’s further removed from his surgery and had last season to work through everything. 

I mean fuck man our defensive front seven is ridiculous. We added more coverage in Schobert and have arguably the best safety in the NFL on the back end.  The biggest thing is the subtraction of Randy as our offensive coordinator. He is a really nice guy but was awful. Anyone that really thinks they won’t contend isn’t paying attention and forgets the prowess of the organization. The north is going to be a blood bath but counting the Steelers out is amusing. Freiermuth if not for Pitts would have been the first tight end off the board too. Pitts is a freak and more of a receiver than he is a tight end.  Sleeping on the Steelers ain’t smart, I’m happy to see it tho and as in the past if I’m wrong I will be here to eat my humble pie. 😎🤙✌️

Don’t take up the gipper mantle, we can only have one of those. Lol

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I try to troll you vag and you stay civil it sucks. Lol, your literally the only Steeler fan here usually so I have to talk a little shit. 

I think Ben is gonna fall apart again. Steelers o line sucks. Two big question marks there. Idk how you hide those things in 17 games 

Lol. I’m really not here to talk trash. I’ve been on this board for a lonnnnng time. I think my old name was maybe 2004. I got into it with gipper because he was situationally incorrigible. I enjoy quite a few people here and hang around for that reason and of course inter-division news. 

Ben didn’t fall apart last year, randy did and his offense never evolved. Teams keyed in on the quick stuff and that was all she wrote. You also can’t take a position on the Steeler offensive line because it’s almost completely new. It’s much more athletic now and the scheme is completely different. I’d say my piece in a more comprehensive manner but the reality is it’s waaaaaaay too early to make any sort of determination on how the line will be because it’s again completely different. You can’t say it’s sucks, no one knows how it will be. 

Edit: hell the main reason I joined was because all of my college buddies are diehard browns fans. I needed as much info as possible when arguing about the Steelers/browns. Gipper kept me around because I’m built to argue even if it was similar to beating your damn head against the wall with that man. Gonna miss his misguided vitriol this season because I knew when it all boiled down he was a good dude and had others tell me that privately too.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state. 

RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.  :D  Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall...  Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever.  As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge..  We will see.... 

And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place.  Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place.  Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.  

Bingo!!!

NFL should have awarded either Baltimore or St. Louis an expansion team over Jax.

Art, Jerry Jones, & Kraft steered it away. Totally asinine.

Just now, hoorta said:

RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.  :D Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall...  Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever.  As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge..  We will see.... 

The jags have had some pretty solid runs, the Fred Taylor era for example. I don’t know if I agree that they shouldn’t have a franchise but I do agree that big time college coaches tend to flop. I really think Urban is going to be one of them. Who knows, totally unproven. The Tebow circus will also be interesting. I believe he’s currently the 4th string tight end. Lol

18 minutes ago, Silver slayer said:

Lmfao,  steelers traded for a guy that's only capable of being a standout on terrible teams.

Any decent teams he's below average lb

Makes zero sense. He won’t be asked to do as much in the Pittsburgh defense and he’s very good in coverage. The Steelers also only gave up a 6th and if he doesn’t work out they can release him with zero dead money next season. It’s pretty simple. He’s a tackle machine and again athletic in coverage. No brainer trade from a position of need with Williams retiring and Spillane looking poor. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 7:33 PM, Vagitron said:

He is a average LB Always is up there in tackles, Although most are after a 3-4 yrd gain, I was not sad to see him go.  I believe he will be fine for steelers as they will utilize him as a pass rusher / cover LB