THE BROWNS BOARD

Around The League

Unsympathetic

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

All teams have cut down to 85 players...

updated NFL player cuts tracker.. https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-53-man-rosters-for-2021-season 

Antonio Calloway ... that kid is too dumb for NFL.

Z

-Shocked to see that 34 year old qb who has been out of the league for ten years didn't make it as a tight end.

Cam Erving is one of those first round picks where you fire scouts ... He had a good attitude, good size, no off the field concerns ... he just actually sucked at blocking!

God, we were a bad team drafting badly ... John Dorsey stopped the cycle and Andrew Berry took it in the other direction. 

Z

• Upvote 1

JK Dobbins got carted off during play #9 of Ravens last preseason earlier tonite.  Washington shoulder pad hit Dobbins knee just as he planted --> knee was hyperextended.

Similar injury to Giannis during the NBA playoffs - could be weeks, could be the season.. Either way, Dobbins' hopes for being drafted by me in the first round of our points league draft are over!

Cuts from other teams - I'll add to this post thruout the week

Breshad Perriman - Not sure what value this is.. he got cut from the Lions roster which carried over only Quintez Cephus at WR from last year's roster.

Garrett Gilbert -- Someone named Cooper Rush now backs up Dak. I'm pretty sure that's a Gatorade flavor and not a real person.

Desmond Trufant

Nickell Robey-Coleman

Mike Daniels

Equanimeous St. Brown

Keke Coutee

Cornell Powell [2021 5th round]

John Brown

Travis Fulgham

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 

Travis Benjamin

Dez Fitzpatrick [2021 4th round]

A coach is starting at QB for South Carolina.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, gumby73 said:

An MRI today confirmed that Ravens’ RB J.K. Dobbins, one of the top young running backs in the game, suffered a season-ending torn ACL, per source.

Saw the Dobbins injury when it happened Gumby. I had no doubt whatsoever it was an ACL. The human knee is not meant to bend in that direction.

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Breshad Perriman - Not sure what value this is.. he got cut from the Lions roster which carried over only Quintez Cephus at WR from last year's roster.

Cephus was a kid I wanted the Browns to get coming out of Wisconsin. Ohio State had a helluva time covering him, but the kid had some off-the-field issues with the Badgers.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I'll say it again, but hope not to speak it into existence-he'd be the perfect backup for Baltimore. Let's hope they still like Trace.

Could be. I'm sure he'll get signed pretty soon by someone.

The shoulder is a concern I suppose, maybe his heart as well ( when he didn't pounce on that SB fumble, well that was a sign of weakness). He certainly had all the tools at one time.

4 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Cam was released bc multiple times in the preseason he was out for a week & took others out with him due to contact bc he tested positive.  He tested positive a couple times last season as well.

Likely not worth it to keep a backup who could inactivate your entire roster..

I am stumped by anyone not getting the vaccine, but for guys who are starting qbs, or want to be ... wtf? 

You lose 5 days every time you come in close contact. Which means missing a game ... as the leader of the offense?

I know Cousins, Wentz and Cam are not vaccinated ... and that's just fucking stupid.

I'm sure they have no problem taking a pain shot,  but they won't take a jab for the team. Baffles me.

Z

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I am stumped by anyone not getting the vaccine, but for guys who are starting qbs, or want to be ... wtf? 

You lose 5 days every time you come in close contact. Which means missing a game ... as the leader of the offense?

I know Cousins, Wentz and Cam are not vaccinated ... and that's just fucking stupid.

I'm sure they have no problem taking a pain shot,  but they won't take a jab for the team. Baffles me.

Z

Maybe they are shooting up horse medicine? 

On 8/31/2021 at 9:01 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Reading up on other teams’ cuts: the Steelers are only keeping 2 guards - their starters, for now. I wonder if that has anything to do with us clinging to 5 backup Olinemen? To keep them from going there, haha.

Late to this party but it was by design. They sent a few to ir and brought guys off the practice squad to cover the depth. Banner, tuitt and McFarland are on ir off the rip. 

1 hour ago, Silver slayer said:

Shittsburgh traded for a Seattle 3rd string corner, what's that say about Shittsburgh db situation?

Yeah- the Seahawks valued this guy so highly https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-trade-cb-ahkello-witherspoon-to-steelers  they were willing to take a 2023 5th round pick from the Steelers in return for his services.  :D  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- the Seahawks valued this guy so highly https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-trade-cb-ahkello-witherspoon-to-steelers  they were willing to take a 2023 5th round pick from the Steelers in return for his services.  :D

Experienced depth, rangy corner with great size and long speed. He was not a willing tackler coming out of college but PFF was pretty high on him in 2020. I think PFF sucks so I take it with a grain of salt but it's needed depth. It doesn't mean anything for the current secondary other than maybe moving Sutton into the slot on a full time basis this season. Im a big fan of the trade and have near zero expectations. Very solid depth. It's really two 5ths for the steelers as they will lose the comp  pick they gained from losing feiler. Witherspoona biggest knock is he's inconsistent. He looks like one of the best in the league one game and like a guy that should be on the bench in another. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Jaire Alexander is out for 3 weeks - and possibly the year.

Russell Wilson is out for 4-6 weeks.. those little finger tendons are rough.

George Kittle is on IR.. and SF activated someone named Travis Benjamin to take his roster spot.

Jeudy will miss our game with them week 7.. but even docs are saying he's not going to be himself until next season.