THE BROWNS BOARD

OT: Bishop Sycamore

SdBacker80

31 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Especially in this time and age

• Upvote 1

I legit couldn't care less about any of this shit. Espn got duped, the end. Now dewine is looking into it? Momunental waste of time especially with shit like New York city underwater or NOLA under water again. I could add a slew of other things to this list but I'm not interested in a philosophical debate. Our country is so unbelievably backwards. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I legit couldn't care less about any of this shit. Espn got duped, the end. Now dewine is looking into it? Momunental waste of time especially with shit like New York city underwater or NOLA under water again. I could add a slew of other things to this list but I'm not interested in a philosophical debate. Our country is so unbelievably backwards. 

Nevermind the fraudulent financial activity, potential abuse of students, using the school as a shell for money laundering and so forth. 

Sure, it was "just" ESPN that got duped. 

Just.... shut the fuck up sometimes.

edit: Steelers Oline doesn't look bad, by the way.   Wanted to tell you that but forgot until now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Let's not look at a fraudulent high school in Ohio because New Orleans and New York had a storm.

Ok.

Z

Well I just happened to be up at 5 am Friday 🌅 morning and decided to do some investigative journalism on the subject.

OR welcome to the world 🌍 of GOOGLE 2021, what a waste of time !  :lol:

5:29 am going back to sleep.

Screenshot_2021-09-03_051902.jpg

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Nevermind the fraudulent financial activity, potential abuse of students, using the school as a shell for money laundering and so forth. 

Sure, it was "just" ESPN that got duped. 

Just.... shut the fuck up sometimes.

edit: Steelers Oline doesn't look bad, by the way.   Wanted to tell you that but forgot until now. 

I guess I didn't dig that far into it. Lol. I'm also incredibly jaded right now because in my view things in this country are falling apart to a tremendous degree. I own a business in retail as well and as a result I see a good bit more than most,  that level of overt stupidity has me on edge. 

Edit: I have high hopes for the line once it's able to gel but I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a little worried about depth at tackle. 

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

Let's not look at a fraudulent high school in Ohio because New Orleans and New York had a storm.

Ok.

Z

It's more about the continued belief that we aren't fucking up the planet that has me pissed off. I didn't mentioned several other things because I don't want the run around from the poli board. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I'm also incredibly jaded right now because in my view things in this country are falling apart

1] 25 years ago our "elites" bet the country on the concept that they could ship all our jobs to China and manipulate/control China's government to allow them to keep stripping the financial gains from those manufacturing plants.  That bet lost.  [And a discussion of the things China recently started doing to avoid becoming as financially biased towards top 2-10% as US is actually interesting.. One feature of a dictatorship is that you have to govern and can't just whine and faff about like US/Britain..]

2] MBA-ification of everything means that because investing in people/places/things can't produce a return in one quarter, it isn't done.

3] High taxes are not "punishment," that is the intentional method of incentivizing business to [among other things including capital goods investment] find good people and train them to get better and not leave their job.  Want people to give 2 snaps about doing well at a job? Pay them and train them.  And what happens when people are well paid and well trained? They're happy.  Shocking!

Just for fun, when a person adds the cost of health care to US taxes..... US is paying more for those items than European taxes.  Remember to do apples-to-apples comparisons -- what services do the costs cover, not just what's the raw percentage.  Thus when a US city "cuts taxes" by privatizing what was once a government service, that's actually an increase to their citizens' costs because that new "company" increases the bill but somehow magically never gets around to providing more or better services.

Also, too: That GL line item for the employer funded piece of the employee health care... doesn't exist in countries with nationwide healthcare systems. Only reason the US Chamber of Commerce isn't pushing for fully socialized medicine.. they enjoy having the control over workers' lives that comes with being able to hold healthcare over peoples' heads.  Can't switch jobs or try a crazy new idea for a company if you can't get that lupus treated...  You know, the innovation economy!

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, Unsympathetic said:

1] 25 years ago our "elites" bet the country on the concept that they could ship all our jobs to China and manipulate/control China's government to allow them to keep stripping the financial gains from those manufacturing plants.  That bet lost.  [And a discussion of the things China recently started doing to avoid becoming as financially biased towards top 2-10% as US is actually interesting.. One feature of a dictatorship is that you have to govern and can't just whine and faff about like US/Britain..]

2] MBA-ification of everything means that because investing in people/places/things can't produce a return in one quarter, it isn't done.

3] High taxes are not "punishment," that is the intentional method of incentivizing business to [among other things including capital goods investment] find good people and train them to get better and not leave their job.  Want people to give 2 snaps about doing well at a job? Pay them and train them.  And what happens when people are well paid and well trained? They're happy.  Shocking!

Just for fun, when a person adds the cost of health care to US taxes..... US is paying more for those items than European taxes.  Remember to do apples-to-apples comparisons -- what services do the costs cover, not just what's the raw percentage.  Thus when a US city "cuts taxes" by privatizing what was once a government service, that's actually an increase to their citizens' costs because that new "company" increases the bill but somehow magically never gets around to providing more or better services.

Also, too: That GL line item for the employer funded piece of the employee health care... doesn't exist in countries with nationwide healthcare systems. Only reason the US Chamber of Commerce isn't pushing for fully socialized medicine.. they enjoy having the control over workers' lives that comes with being able to hold healthcare over peoples' heads.  Can't switch jobs or try a crazy new idea for a company if you can't get that lupus treated...  You know, the innovation economy!

My man. 😎🤙🍻

On 9/4/2021 at 6:59 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Poliboard gentlemen.

Can't do it, won't do it. I am very hard left and as most know situationally relentless in my position. The poli board is like accelerant to my current fed up/anger state of mind. I don't have enough cannabis on hand to endure it. Lol