THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Chiefs

Orion

Mayfield was sacked 26 times last year behind the "top rated" pass protection line in the NFL.  Mahomes was sacked 22 times behind a line that even when healthy, was ranked only as a mediocre pass protection unit last year.  

Mahomes is hard to sack even when his line is MEH.  

The line he has now.....I've seen it in preseason....but even if you or I never saw it together at all thus far....it would be a fairly safe assumption to say this is the best line Mahomes has had since he''s been in KC.  I HAVE seen it in preseason.....it IS much better.  I won't convince you because I have what must certainly be a clear KC bias...but you aren't going to be in for a good day this Sunday.  

Also.....Watch for some crazy formations....Don't be surprised if KC throws out some 3 TE sets at you that that they pass out of.   

50 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Mayfield was sacked 26 times last year behind the "top rated" pass protection line in the NFL.  Mahomes was sacked 22 times behind a line that even when healthy, was ranked only as a mediocre pass protection unit last year.  

The line he has now.....I've seen it in preseason....but even if you or I never saw it together at all thus far....it would be a fairly safe assumption to say this is the best line Mahomes has had since he''s been in KC.  I HAVE seen it in preseason.....it IS much better.  I won't convince you because I have what must certainly be a clear KC bias...but you aren't going to be in for a good day this Sunday.  

Also.....Watch for some crazy formations....Don't be surprised if KC throws out some 3 TE sets at you that that they pass out of.   

Fisher and Schwartz were Pro Bowlers for Mahomes. Yes, they broke down at the end of last year, but they were more than solid before that.

I fail to see how having 5 new starters on the offensive line makes it magically the best he's ever played behind when they've never played together, three of them have never played in the NFL.

The Browns have a veteran, and dangerous defensive line, Myles Garrett is the best defensive end in the league, and we have a super experienced and athletic line ... so you may be a wee ahead of yourself here.

Z

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Don't be shocked when those Cleveland Browns kick your ass in your own building this Sunday... I guarantee you'll run and hide with your tail up your ass... This isn't the Fat Freddy or Loser Hue coached Browns you will be facing.. This is a much more disciplined and coached team since the Belicheat days.... Don't be shocked when Garrett and Clowny sandwiches your boy and breaks him like a pretzel... Browns in a shocker. will beat the Hankercheifs 42-38

17 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Um Mahomes is one of the more mobile QBs in the NFL- and no one here is saying he's not a great QB either.  Only argument is if him or Rodgers are #1.  

So your OL looks better in preseason playing against vanilla defenses?  Where a lot of teams weren't even playing their defensive starters?   It gets real on Sunday.  

On 9/8/2021 at 1:31 PM, nickers said:

The Browns didn'tt lose that game against the Chiefs... The Refs stole it from them...

I don't know about stealing, but fumbling the ball out of bounds in the end zone is a shit rule.  I can live with if it goes all they way past the end line.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't know about stealing, but fumbling the ball out of bounds in the end zone is a shit rule.  I can live with if it goes all they way past the end line.  

.....that was a tough break...but it wasn't the game.....for F***s sake....you guys put up 300 total yards of offesne, and we out rushed your vaunted running game.  you were 3/3 on 4th down and STILL compiled only 300 yards.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Um Mahomes is one of the more mobile QBs in the NFL- and no one here is saying he's not a great QB either.  Only argument is if him or Rodgers are #1.  

So your OL looks better in preseason playing against vanilla defenses?  Where a lot of teams weren't even playing their defensive starters?   It gets real on Sunday.  

1.  My point about Mahomes sacks is to demonstrate that with a very average to below average line, Mahomes was hard to sack.  I keep hearing from you guys that Myles garrett....and.............Javon Clowney are going to crush him.  Highly unlikely even before the Chiefs upgraded the line...and now less likely.

2.  KC played starters A LOT more than most NFL teams did this preseason and they logged alot of tme VS other teams starters...granted there was alot of vanilla, like there always is in preseason games....but here are some things to look at and ponder.....

36 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

.....that was a tough break...but it wasn't the game.....for F***s sake....you guys put up 300 total yards of offesne, and we out rushed your vaunted running game.  you were 3/3 on 4th down and STILL compiled only 300 yards.  

Boy you love to gloat don't you... Remember... Karma is a B I T C H !!

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

*in the tune of the Jetsons* 

- Box counts - they're a thing now.

Box stats always need context.....and the context of this was KC was up 19-3 with Mahomes driving deep into cleveland territory, we had dominated the game in yards and were about to put more points on teh board.....Mahomes got a concussion, we kicked a field goal...and then you guys tried to rally late and couldn't do it.  You mounted 300 yards of offense for the game.  Taht wasn't good enough to beat 3 quarters of mahomes and a little more than a quarter of awful chad henne.  You also played the NFC East last year and went 4-0 in those games with a plus 44 Point differential..  you were 7-5 VS everyone else with a -11 differential.  You aren't as great as yhou think you are.

11 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

- Box stats always..

You aren't as great as yhou think you are

#1 - BOX COUNT. Not BOX STATS.   HUGE difference.

#2 - Yes, I am.  

#3 - If you have to google or refresh on what a box count is that's fine. But  then circle back to #2.

I'd bother to do the film, but it would be wasted on you.  Your initial conversation was only to hide your thinly veiled and undeserved arrogance that gave way later.    Me personally, I'd just ban your stupid ass now.  There's enough trash on this board that we don't need the Mizzou type on top of what we currently have.

40 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

If these individual QB stars are so meaningful can you explain why you didn’t win the Superbowl? 

Yes....even as great as Mahomes is....he isn't effective when when he has a 2nd string LT, a 3rd string LG, the worst starting C in the NFL, a 2nd string G and a 3rd string RT play VS the best front 4.  It is afterall, still a team game...and when you are down to the garbage heap for starting O linemen....your team is in trouble.

5 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Visiting this board Sunday night is giong to be fun.

Alright Chief, so since the Browns will not enjoy Sunday, what's the score going to be?

And you saying you didnt visit Bucs forum post SB, does that mean that if a once in a lifetime miracle happens and the "not as good as think" Browns win, you going to show up here?

P.S.- you absolutely will lose a lot of arguments here if you want to discuss the game of football. So you come just to talk trash. That could end up being dumb, but trying to match wits with some of the fine people on here and you will get humiliated 

3 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Alright Chief, so since the Browns will not enjoy Sunday, what's the score going to be?

And you saying you didnt visit Bucs forum post SB, does that mean that if a once in a lifetime miracle happens and the "not as good as think" Browns win, you going to show up here?

P.S.- you absolutely will lose a lot of arguments here if you want to discuss the game of football. So you come just to talk trash. That could end up being dumb, but trying to match wits with some of the fine people on here and you will get humiliated 

I've been here for 3 years.  ....anyhow....final score....KC 38, Cleveland 17.  Regardless of outcome, I'll be around.

4 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I've been here for 3 years.  ....anyhow....final score....KC 38, Cleveland 17.  Regardless of outcome, I'll be around.

No you won't... Your a wimp ass punk...

12 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Box stats always need context...

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

#1 - BOX COUNT. Not BOX STATS.   HUGE difference.

Too often Stefanski called plays from behind the chains. ^ ^  Over their first 20 plays, the Browns faced second-and-10 or longer eight times. On their third drive, Mayfield dug them out of second and long or more four times in nine plays before Higgins’ fumble.

Can Zero count a box via video?

Our full box of Browns WR's will be making the trip this time, along with D Felton.. Your new interior OL will also need to deal with 2 Malik's .. Jackson & McDowell 👀 past is the past.. Were excited for this Browns Sunday of new additions !  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Too often Stefanski called plays from behind the chains. ^ ^  Over their first 20 plays, the Browns faced second-and-10 or longer eight times. On their third drive, Mayfield dug them out of second and long or more four times in nine plays before Higgins’ fumble.

Can Zero count a box via video?

Our full box of Browns WR's will be making the trip this time, along with D Felton.. Your new interior OL will also need to deal with 2 Malik's .. Jackson & McDowell 👀 past is the past.. Were excited for this Browns Sunday of new additions !  

I liked that bit at the end about the fullback usage. If l got 1 nit to pick on Stefanski’s offense it’s the telegraphing of plays when a fullback was on the field. If he’s gonna use Janovich l’d like to see more wrinkles in the play calling. Too many times l saw a log jam of bodies gravitating to wherever Janovich was going and it gummed up the works.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I liked that bit at the end about the fullback usage. If l got 1 nit to pick on Stefanski’s offense it’s the telegraphing of plays when a fullback was on the field. If he’s gonna use Janovich l’d like to see more wrinkles in the play calling. Too many times l saw a log jam of bodies gravitating to wherever Janovich was going and it gummed up the works.

Watching Tampa Bay needing a goal line yard? 347lb. Vita Vea wrecked 💩 blowing up a pile.. I want to see the playbook usage of D.Felton, not used as a Duke Johnson only on 3rd downs too.. I thought Jano won the job over Stanton because of his catching hands? I don't see Jano moving a pile at 230 lbs. either.. If that was the case? Stanton at least gives us 245 lbs going into a pile.. I don't see the usage of Jano over Johnny Stanton quite yet? mainly, If D. Felton is stealing Jano's pass catching reps.. stay tuned..

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Watching Tampa Bay needing a goal line yard? 347lb. Vita Vea wrecked 💩 blowing up a pile.. I want to see the playbook usage of D.Felton, not used as a Duke Johnson only on 3rd downs too.. I thought Jano won the job over Stanton because of his catching hands? I don't see Jano moving a pile at 230 lbs. either.. If that was the case? Stanton at least gives us 245 lbs going into a pile.. I don't see the usage of Jano over Johnny Stanton quite yet? mainly, If D. Felton is stealing Jano's pass catching reps.. stay tuned..

Stanton ran that skinny post against the Giants and looked like a pretty natural hands catcher.  And Jano never really had any sort of pass catching Reps…they more or less throw him a bone every other game. 

I was banging the drum for Stanton we may see it if he isn’t picked up by another team. 

I think we are all going to be a little disappointed in Felton beyond maybe the screen game and putting him wide as a pass catcher.  Johnson is far better Option imo in this wide zone run scheme.  

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think we are all going to be a little disappointed in Felton beyond maybe the screen game and putting him wide as a pass catcher.  Johnson is far better Option imo in this wide zone run scheme.  

Could be, we all hope not. D'Ernest is similar - but isn't a quick footed elusive fast rb/wr like Felton is. He's more a kick ass fight for more yardage guy. He does have moves though. Felton was a good bit higher rated in the draft. Both of them may very well impress here and there. They both get yards in the rush game - they both mean business at every snap. The benefit is the offensive line to make them more successful at rb than otherwise - so I don't think they will disappoint.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Could be, we all hope not. D'Ernest is similar - but isn't a quick footed elusive fast rb/wr like Felton is. He's more a kick ass fight for more yardage guy. He does have moves though. Felton was a good bit higher rated in the draft. Both of them may very well impress here and there. They both get yards in the rush game - they both mean business at every snap. The benefit is the offensive line to make them more successful at rb than otherwise - so I don't think they will disappoint.

Said it last year but if you squint you get the Kamara Lite with Johnson…he’s got better vision  and wiggle IMO.  He can get to the edge too.  Colts game big run to ice it