THE BROWNS BOARD

Tour

Tour2ma

11 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

It makes you wonder...I'll just cling to the idea that he is busy and has more important things going on.

Yes.  Sometimes being on the computer isn't the first thing that you might do each day.  It would be nice to hear from him when he's available.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

It makes you wonder...I'll just cling to the idea that he is busy and has more important things going on.

The good news is that the last time he posted, he mentioned that he had more treatment ahead and would report back to us in the future, and that was one day before the last time he logged in. 

• Upvote 1

I texted him a couple days ago, but I haven't heard back from him. Having trouble remebering his last name today, was going to look up his wife. I have him in my phone as Brouce Tourma ... that's not it. Larry @hoorta do you have Bruce's last name or any contact info?

Z

• Thanks 1

He once sent me a little banner of the last football game that my best friend in the world (a Vikings fan) and I ever watched together before he passed.  Browns vs Vikings in Europe.   A very thoughtful guy!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Nothing yet.

Edit: not to hit the panic button, doesn't appear he's log into his discord account in a long time either.  

Old boy might just be out seeing the world. Can't blame him if he is.

I'm going to use that address Larry posted and send them a joint inquiry on behalf of myself and guys on the BB concerned about his well-being.

• Thanks 2

Whats the chances of getting any release info from?

On 5/19/2022 at 8:21 PM, Tour2ma said:

UPDATE: 

I'm now enterring (or fixin' to enter) a clinical trail.

Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at *UT SW Hospital* awesome place.

Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other 4 or 5 candidates will be compared. 

My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

https://utswmed.org/?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=gbp&utm_content=website

UTSouthwestern Medical Center
Main Location

5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390

General Inquiries

214-648-3111

is any member close to Dallas,Texas? 

Family and Visitor Guidelines

At William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, we know that our patients benefit from the love and support of those closest to them. That’s why we work to create a welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment for all visitors.

If a friend or family member is a patient at Clements University Hospital, you’re welcome to visit. Please note: All visitors are encouraged to check in at the main Guest Services desk, located in the lobby near the main entrance.

Look Pal, we really miss ya & pray your recovering peacefully.. 🙏

On 7/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, Orion said:

He once sent me a little banner/  Browns vs Vikings in Europe.   A very thoughtful guy!

Me also.. Tour loves his Browns swag .. thoughtful he is !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d love to know how Tour is doing for sure. Always enjoyed chatting with him here and via the points league which he loved. That said there is awful lot of personal info here posted with addys numbers and such. Just the kind of thing along with details on his situation that identify thieves might jump on. 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

I’d love to know how Tour is doing for sure. Always enjoyed chatting with him here and via the points league which he loved. That said there is awful lot of personal info here posted with addys numbers and such. Just the kind of thing along with details on his situation that identify thieves might jump on. 

Monday August 8, 2022. 

OK jcam I took down the phone number on my site.  Like I said if anyone's interested just contact Larry or me for it.

Larry can take down Tour2ma's address   IF   he thinks it's necessary. 

Yes I'm careful with personal information   -but-  nobody here has heard from Tour since May......very unusual for him.

Any word from Tour ?

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to Updated: (Aug. 8 mjp) Open reply to a WSS reach out... Many thanks my old and renewed friend..Gipper and his cardiologist, Tour and his oncologist walk into a bar
8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Monday August 8, 2022. 

OK jcam I took down the phone number on my site.  Like I said if anyone's interested just contact Larry or me for it.

Larry can take down Tour2ma's address   IF   he thinks it's necessary. 

Yes I'm careful with personal information   -but-  nobody here has heard from Tour since May......very unusual for him.

Any word from Tour ?

Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical.  I sure hope he is ok. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical.  I sure hope he is ok. 

Regarding identity theft... It's why I was mighty hesitant to post any personal information to the Board in the first place. I deleted any and all of it I could find.   If anyone's interested just contact (hoorta) or (mjp) for it.

Regarding getting any information out of the hospital, having worked in one for decades...  That's a no-go now because of HIPPA privacy regulations. You <might> be able to find out if he's a patient there, but I wouldn't count on it. 

Ah, the good old days- once upon a time George Carlin was a patient in our hospital, and everybody knew it.. Even knew what room he was in.  :) Now? As my recently retired wife told me, you can get fired for just looking up a patient's lab results without a "need to know".  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

So true.  You want to reach out   -but-   don't want to invite any phone pests in if necessary.   I think Tour2ma would agree.

_.jpeg

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Regarding identity theft... It's why I was mighty hesitant to post any personal information to the Board in the first place. I deleted any and all of it I could find.   If anyone's interested just contact (hoorta) or (mjp) for it.

Regarding getting any information out of the hospital, having worked in one for decades...  That's a no-go now because of HIPPA privacy regulations. You <might> be able to find out if he's a patient there, but I wouldn't count on it. 

Ah, the good old days- once upon a time George Carlin was a patient in our hospital, and everybody knew it.. Even knew what room he was in.  :) Now? As my recently retired wife told me, you can get fired for just looking up a patient's lab results without a "need to know".  

Oh yes ! !   HIPPA has really changed the ID world there.  

And my wife was a nurse in ONE hospital system for 42  years just ending in 2018 from the old, old General Hospital days to computers and cards to get buried information. Remember when a person's chart was on a clipboard hanging on the footboard of the bed ?  Not today.

If a person is OK with their address or even phone then it's up to them to post it. 

Sometimes I miss the good ol' days......on everything including sports.        :)

• Thanks 1

HIPPA is a necessary evil.  None of us here should be able to find out medical/health information regarding Tour.

Of course, when my 93 year old Dad was brought to the hospital from the Veteran's Home, I'd meet him there and was involved with him, his doctors, nurses, medical decisions, etc.  But once I left and was calling on the phone I was once again shielded from that.  I remember once telling the floor nurses station while on the phone with them, "Well look, good luck getting info from the 93 year old."  And of course,  she said to me, "I know!  It really is silly sometimes."  (Dear God, please heal up Tour.) 

Every time this thread is in bold and back at the top I get hopeful and scared at the same time. I click on it with the most positive vibes I can muster.

^ and no, the irony of me replying to send it back to the top in bold is not lost on me.... Kick this things ass T, because you still have a lot of years left reading my incredibly awesome posts. 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.

But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.

Z

Z, I'll reach out today, but I'm not expecting anything more than what you got.  :(  

• Zombo changed the title to Tour
On 8/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, Zombo said:

I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.

But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.

Z

Maybe not knowing you increases the odds?

Just kidding, Bubba.  For those that may not know, I know Zombo and have a 1st hand relationship.  He is a good egg.

My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.🙏

You tell that MF to text me back a "LOL" at least.  My wedding/football story I sent him was pure gold, and I require that validation of my humor.

Thanks.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an update from Bruce's wife, I let her know I would share it with all of you:

Hey Zombo!  Bruce is in hospice status, and exceeding everyone's expectations!  He has gone through any type of treatment that would do more good than harm, and has come to the last phase of his journey.  He sleeps very peacefully most of the time, and awakens with bright eyes and sometimes verbal communication.  The wit is still there.  I have read about this part of the process, and what he is experiencing is a more spiritual phase as he transitions.  His beautfiul heart and soul are evident when you gaze into his eyes.  Bruce has always had such strong heart and passion for the Cleveland Browns and for the Brown's board.  He told me from the beginning of this journey that he regrets not being able to see the Brown's win a super bowl.  I will pass along yours and the board's best wishes.  I will work to give you updates.  Thank you for reaching out to Bruce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

My heart just dropped in my chest and tears are streaming down my face. I hope for a pain free exit from this world and I am better for knowing you T. 

Thank you Bruce for all of the laughter, the shirts and the Christmas cards. 

Your friend,

Darryl 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1