THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread: Bears at Browns🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

11 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I've seen this plenty of times on the browns. Is the online terrible because they are terrible or because fields can't get the ball away and they can't block forever?

I can see why people would think theΒ latter, because Fields was starting his first game, but man it seemed like there were times when the Browns DLine was just shot out of a cannon at the kid. Plus, at least from what the announcers said more than once, the Bears were content trying to block Myles one-on-one. Shenanigans!

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

And Cleveland's next victim, I mean opponent, is.. Minnesota -- Sunday, 1p EST.

MIN, on paper anyway, has a solid team.Β  Very good skill players.Β  I'm not ruling them out at home after taking care of SEA and wanting to keep that momentum going.Β  DB's are going to have to be ready to play.

I watched the game against the Seachickens.
Β Woods and the Defense should be ready it is essentially the same offense (not the same caliber of line as us).Β They run the screen game really well but they take fewer shots downfield than us. Β Cousins doesn’t have to make too manyΒ tough throws- they say he’s playing at an MVP levelΒ  We have to win first down and put them in 2 and 9.

IM worried about Thielen baptizingΒ our rookie. Β I didn’t see a big drop off from Mattison and Cook. Β They run those old Denver Bronco crossing routes that worry me with our secondary.

Their Defense supposedly looked awful in weeks 1 and 2. Β They looked suspect again in the first half Carson had two lane high highways on cutbacks. Β 

Β 

I was watching this game on and off while enjoying the Disney magic at Epcot, but it's completely understandable that people want Nagy's head on a platter. Doing nothing for your rookie QB and allow him to get destroyed back there is absolutely embarrassing. I heard on the radio this morning they only went to a max protect look ONCE Sunday.Β 

Despite that, man Myles Garrett is a treat to watch out there. I could not imagine seeing that dude with his speed coming for you the way he was Sunday after Fields. What an absolute monster.

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I was watching this game on and off while enjoying the Disney magic at Epcot, but it's completely understandable that people want Nagy's head on a platter. Doing nothing for your rookie QB and allow him to get destroyed back there is absolutely embarrassing. I heard on the radio this morning they only went to a max protect look ONCE Sunday.Β 

Despite that, man Myles Garrett is a treat to watch out there. I could not imagine seeing that dude with his speed coming for you the way he was Sunday after Fields. What an absolute monster.

Early reports from Chicagoland are a lot of Bears fans want Nagy fired- immediately. Saying- you ruined Trubisky, now you want to start on Fields?Β  FWIW- it was pointed out Nagy did nothing to try and slow down the Browns pass rush. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone see the Bears run anyΒ screen or draw plays?Β  I don't recall any.Β Β 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:40 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Holy crap, the Bears OLine is not good, Fields has no chanceΒ 

the bears need a new hc and probably gm....i feel bad for their d.....they have one of the best d's in the league....those guys have to be pissed.....they played well enough to win but wore down because the oΒ  game plan was one of the worse i ever seen.....nagy sucks as a hc.....

On 9/27/2021 at 11:49 AM, SdBacker80 said:

thoughtο»Ώ Bakers footwork was off yesterday. MostlyΒ due to the pressure- he’s worked with clean pockets all year up to Sunday.

It looked like ο»Ώhis feet were a mess on the wide open miss to Harrison Bryant.

Yes, I thought that as well. Which is strange because it's gotten so much better and he hasn't been sailing passes high lately. But boy, he sure did Sunday. Can't miss that Felton throw or the Bryant toss, just can't do it. Kirk Cousins hasn't missed much of ANYTHING this season and we'll need every point this weekend. I have faith it gets corrected and we'll show up both halves, both sides of the ball. Damn I can't wait.Β 

17 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yes, I thought that as well. Which is strange because it's gotten so much better and he hasn't been sailing passes high lately. But boy, he sure did Sunday. Can't miss that Felton throw or the Bryant toss, just can't do it. Kirk Cousins hasn't missed much of ANYTHING this season and we'll need every point this weekend. I have faith it gets corrected and we'll show up both halves, both sides of the ball. Damn I can't wait.Β 

We are downplaying Cousins ability on this forum and it will bite us on the cheeks.

He’sΒ not asked to do anything crazy in the offense. Β And he does the routine veryΒ well.

It is funny because opposing fans see Baker theΒ way we are talking about Cousins…but I think Baker can make some of the harder throws and I like him better than Cousins when the pocket breaks down

Baker looked a little skittish last week. Β Again anyone that has broken down film I didn’t he set his feet in some of those high and wide tosses.Β Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Baker looked a little skittish last week. Β Again anyone that has broken down film I didn’t he set his feet in some of those high and wide tosses.Β Β 

I think i recall you listen to XM NFL radio?Β Β Dr. David Chow thinks Baker will require some kind of shoulder surgery at end of season.. NotΒ reported.. but Chow thinks Baker's wearing a protective braceΒ on his left shoulder untilΒ than.. not something i can recall Baker ever having to do.. when one limb goes? he maybe comp'ing his body inΒ other ways? I'm also not ruling out a big nothing report..Β πŸ€“.. he's not Bake's doctor..

• Upvote 1

Β 

I think i recall you listen to XM NFL radio?Β Β Dr. David Chow thinks Baker will require some kind of shoulder surgery at end of season.. NotΒ reported.. but Chow thinks Baker's wearing a protective braceΒ on his left shoulder untilΒ than.. not something i can recall Baker ever having to do.. when one limb goes? he maybe comp'ing his body inΒ other ways? I'm also not ruling out a big nothing report..Β πŸ€“.. he's not Bake's doctor..

Yes I do and yes Dr. Chow said that last week.Β  Which is strange I’m No MD but with shoulders usually the first option isn’t surgery.Β 

BTW All week the guys on XM NFLΒ have been killing the Bears and Nagy.Β Β 

Β 

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

When you have a shoulder injury like that, it also tends to run to your back... your lateral dorsal to be exact.Β  Take your right hand, lift your left arm then run it down the side.Β  Β That dorsal also connects all the way to your external abdomen.Β  In short, when you plant your feet and torque around your hips to square up and follow through your throw,Β Β you're extending/stretching thoseΒ muscle groupings.Β  Causes a great deal of discomfort.Β  Β  I genuinely believe it isn't helping and avoiding further contact on that injury is part of why Baker might have a little bit of happy feet.

Sure, it was cool he clocked somebody.Β  Β Now his body is paying for it.Β  Β  Lesson learned, I would hope.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yes I do and yes Dr. Chow said that last week.Β  Which is strange I’m No MD but with shoulders usually the first option isn’t surgery.Β Β good reason Baker flew to his own doctor, last week

BTW All week the guys on XM NFLΒ have been killing the Bears and Nagy.Β Β 

I don't miss a show riding in my mail truck from noon to 6.. It entertainsΒ me with call-ins & so called expertsΒ πŸ™ƒ.. Nagy has as many QB brain cells as our famous FatΒ Freddie Kitchen's had with Baker... Bears real issue is... owner-ship should haveΒ cleaned Nagy out long ago..Β Β  Β Β Β Β image.jpeg.0b9b1bbb5a76f69fd79a5ffd3391fc6a.jpegΒ Β She is 98, however, and has allowed her son, George H. McCaskey, to serve as chairman with the team.Jun 4, 2021Β  sometimes you have to look behind the curtain, of what these NFL Labeled shows areΒ protecting behind their 'nice guy' actingΒ shieldsΒ Β 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, SdBacker80 said:

We are downplaying Cousins ability on this forum and it will bite us on the cheeks.

He’sΒ not asked to do anything crazy in the offense. Β And he does the routine veryΒ well.

It is funny because opposing fans see Baker theΒ way we are talking about Cousins…but I think Baker can make some of the harder throws and I like him better than Cousins when the pocket breaks down

You won't see me downplay Cousins. He's absolutely on fire and we're down Newsome. I don't have a ton of confidence in Greedy and I'm not sure he'll stay healthy.Β 

Baker absolutely has to start hitting the scoring opportunities. They're so rare in this league. That Felton shot comes to mind. That was 3rd and 1 and we blew it on 4th. Cost us points in a tie game. Now, nobody is perfect but we've got to hit the open ones.Β 

I believe we will, but I'm still concerned about the high passes. That basically means the middle of the field is off limits until the throws come down.Β 

On 9/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, tiamat63 said:

When you have a shoulder injury like that, it also tends to run to your back... your lateral dorsal to be exact.Β  Take your right hand, lift your left arm then run it down the side.Β  Β That dorsal also connects all the way to your external abdomen.Β  In short, when you plant your feet and torque around your hips to square up and follow through your throw,Β Β you're extending/stretching thoseΒ muscle groupings.Β  Causes a great deal of discomfort.Β  Β  I genuinely believe it isn't helping and avoiding further contact on that injury is part of why Baker might have a little bit of happy feet.

Sure, it was cool he clocked somebody.Β  Β Now his body is paying for it.Β  Β  Lesson learned, I would hope.

He dropped his injured shoulder on an ill-advised run in the first or second drive today... He's kind of a dumbass.

• Upvote 1