THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread Browns at Chargers🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

Defense has struggled against bigger QB's who can create on their own or when things break down.Β  Β  Honestly, that's the only time they've struggled.Β Β 

The pressure rates are still there, Herbert had to move ALL. Damn. Game.Β  Β  Β 

Walker and Harrison are glarring issues though.Β  Β Harrison as a split field safety is something I attack every time.

Meh. Stefanski calling a delayed hand off on 3rd and 7 when all you need is two first downs to ice the game really cheeses me off. Your damn defense is down to two DB's you can't even cover a WR when you do have your DB's on the field and you go three and out while Chubb watches from the sideline? Hold that L Kev.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

We MAY get an apology tomorrow…I’ll take a makeup a call in the AFC championship game thoughΒ 

Are you sure this is the play that made the difference and not the wide open with nobody around for 30 yards TD pass that Herbert made? I'm not making excuses,Β  but the officiating had been horrible all year.Β 

Can't stress again how impressed I am with Herbert.Β  Β Kid looked dead-in-the water with Oregon.Β  Β  Β First year in a new offense and they put the success of it on his shoulders.Β  Β Like... everything runs through him and he executes down after down.Β  Β Especially on a day like today.Β  Β Β 

Special.Β  Nothing much more I can say.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Are you sure this is the play that made the difference and not the wide open with nobody around for 30 yards TD pass that Herbert made? I'm not making excuses,Β  but the officiating had been horrible all year.Β 

I’d say it was big call…but you have a point.

The β€œhold” on Tretter when it was hands to the face was a big call too. Β That was a momentum killerΒ 

Β 

Brainfart andA couple of thoughts.Β 

1. That DPI on 4th down is atrocious. Not only BOTH players are handfighting, but whhen the ball reaches them the RECEIVER IS BLATANTLY HOLDING THE CORNERBACK.Β 

You have 4 options:

A. Don't penalize any action. Browns get the ball.

B. Throw a flag and call both PIs, and offset them. Browns get the ball.Β 

C. Call the OPI. Browns get the ball.

D. Brainfart and call DPI. Chargers keep the drive alive and ultimately score.Β 

2. We had like 10 injuries before and during the game? Newsome, Ward, Willis, Clowney, Conclin, Takkaris and Myles are hurt... It's hard to keep playing if half the starters get injured. We need a bye now.Β 

3. I don't understand the playcalling when the game is on the line: last week Stef called passes when Baker was playing awful and this day, we only had to get A FEW FIRST DOWNS to get the game, and instead of playing 4 downs, etc, offense gets a 3 and out and puts the game in the hands of a depleted offense.Β 

7 hours ago, ATOM said:

i havnt scene the inactives for the game does clowney play today ?

we are in deep deep shit with all these injuries.....yikes......depending on how bad they are.....we don't have any tackles....i have a feeling wills is mostlly shot for this season....he gave it his best though....don't know about our rt....was it conklin...he never returned..ward never returned...wow..2 ...its really bad to waste a great performance by our rb's.... beckham sucks....overall he has not done shit since we signed him....injuries are part of the game so that is no excuse.....he's the guy i thought that would be the playmakerΒ  that he was when he was with ny......not even close..... our 4th down d really blows...we were last in the league last yr...and it is even worse now...thought there was a badΒ  callΒ  against us on one of those 4th downs....turning point. was we had them down 2 td's and they went for it on their own 24 and made it...and scored on that drive....

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't stress again how impressed I am with Herbert.Β  Β Kid looked dead-in-the water with Oregon.Β  Β  Β First year in a new offense and they put the success of it on his shoulders.Β  Β Like... everything runs through him and he executes down after down.Β  Β Especially on a day like today.Β  Β Β 

Ya, I'd have been more impressed if our DB's even bothered to cover his WR's for three freaking TD throws..

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

Ya, I'd have been more impressed if our DB's even bothered to cover his WR's for three freaking TD throws..

It was the one's where he bought time away from pressure and got them the ball, or quickly got into a rushing lane to generate yards with his legs.Β  Makes man coverage damned hard.Β Β Β I have to give him credit for those.Β  Β Β 

Injuries and a couple key players IMHO - Walker and Harrison, are aΒ REAL problem for this defense.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah. Pissed as I am there's nothing bad I can say about herbert.Β 

Just now, Nero said:

Β 

Brainfart andA couple of thoughts.Β 

1. That DPI on 4th down is atrocious. Not only BOTH players are handfighting, but whhen the ball reaches them the RECEIVER IS BLATANTLY HOLDING THE CORNERBACK.Β 

You have 4 options:

A. Don't penalize any action. Browns get the ball.

B. Throw a flag and call both PIs, and offset them. Browns get the ball.Β 

C. Call the OPI. Browns get the ball.

D. Brainfart and call DPI. Chargers keep the drive alive and ultimately score.Β 

2. We had like 10 injuries before and during the game? Newsome, Ward, Willis, Clowney, Conclin, Takkaris and Myles are hurt... It's hard to keep playing if half the starters get injured. We need a bye now.Β 

3. I don't understand the playcalling when the game is on the line: last week Stef called passes when Baker was playing awful and this day, we only had to get A FEW FIRST DOWNS to get the game, and instead of playing 4 downs, etc, offense gets a 3 and out and puts the game in the hands of a depleted offense.Β 

what the fuck kind of playcalling was that at the end of the game...fucking chargers made the biggest boneheaded decisionΒ  giving us a shot at the end...and what the fuck....unreal.....but yeah depending on how bad these injuries are, this season could fall apart real soon...good ole cleveland bad luck...

Before we giveΒ Herbert the 2nd place medal behind Mahomes heΒ didn’t play against our top two corners…and he didn’t have our other bookend breathing down his neck.

He hit some open WRs though and snuck a few balls into coverage against our backups that I didn’t expect.

See him in januaryΒ Β 

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Defense has struggled against bigger QB's who can create on their own or when things break down.Β  Β  Honestly, that's the only time they've struggled.Β Β 

The pressure rates are still there, Herbert had to move ALL. Damn. Game.Β  Β  Β 

Walker and Harrison are glarring issues though.Β  Β Harrison as a split field safety is something I attack every time.

we blew it on 4th down d.....shit....we had a 2 td lead and they went for it on their own 24 and made it and then sliced up the browns right down the field....turning point of the game right there.....

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Before we giveΒ Herbert the 2nd place medal behind Mahomes heΒ didn’t play against our top two corners…and he didn’t have our other bookend breathing down his neck.

He hit some open WRs though and snuck a few balls into coverage against our backups that I didn’t expect.

See him in januaryΒ Β 

yeah well....good qb's take advantage of theat...there are some qb's in the league that would not have taken advantage....that's what good qb's do...

1 minute ago, VaporTrail said:

This team cannot play 4 quarters of football against playoff caliber teams.

The Browns need to start winning some of these games vs playoff teams.Β 

I mean, you aren't going to run into teams like Pittsburgh who have run out of gas that often in the playoffs.Β