THE BROWNS BOARD

You're the GM...

Tour2ma

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

can you image the card reading? Cameron  Dicker the Kicker from Texas? 😭  🤘  oy vey!

Yeah, but Dicker the kicker was also the first team All-Big 12 punter. I say we get a two for one there even if he is a Longhorn.

I'm starting to think Landry would like out of Cleveland - I would have a talk with him. Did he know? that obj was undermining the Browns on the field? and behind their backs? just seems like obj was. Is Landry still happy with the Browns?

Just read this - obj told Von Miller to NOT come to the Browns. He went to the rams to join his friend.

https://www.brownsnation.com/report-odell-beckham-jr-told-von-miller-to-not-come-to-cleveland/

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Told Von Miller To Not Come To Cleveland

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What rounds were Phil Dawson and Justin Tucker drafted? 

Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round so maybe we wait then to find the next QB in the sixth round.

If you find a guy you draft him.Bengals did last year- working well. We did it a few years ago- didn’t work out at all. 

We have a lot of smart people in Berea.  Do what you have to do at that position. Treat it like like you are evaluating DB, LT, etc.  Running it back with Cody Parkey - I expected more from our group 

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah, I've always wanted Dawson here as a kicking consultant.  He did an incredible job in our stadium by the lake.

We get serious about some of the issues…two years ago it was fixing the Oline.  Last year it was defense.  The results have been apparent. 

Time to get serious about kicking 

54 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm starting to think Landry would like out of Cleveland - I would have a talk with him. Did he know? that obj was undermining the Browns on the field? and behind their backs? just seems like obj was. Is Landry still happy with the Browns?

Just read this - obj told Von Miller to NOT come to the Browns. He went to the rams to join his friend.

https://www.brownsnation.com/report-odell-beckham-jr-told-von-miller-to-not-come-to-cleveland/

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Told Von Miller To Not Come To Cleveland

Did OBJ ever show up in Cleveland?  So he apparently took his own advice.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, Bob806 said:

kicker- my concern there is both Siebert & Zane Gonzalez were drafted, and couldn't handle it. 

No sure things, but the LSU kid is low risk. Also pretty sure neither you mentioned kicked in Nat Champ game...

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

and so it begins...

the 90 in to start..

FRv6t7bWUAAmzJv.thumb.jpg.38415e013706308010661636071155f7.jpg

FRv6t7aXsAIcSF-.thumb.jpg.dbf38db2229dec4790a3aa3de81d7c9a.jpg 

I can't believe Drew Forbes is still hangin' on

That IDL lineup .... 😥

Re: Perrion, in his interview he said he's a 3 tech.  I know he was asked to lose a bit of weight at OU. Even if he puts it back on, probably will hover around 295ish.   His best film from what I've seen so far is 3 tech, then he can kick inside in sub packages where he can do damage. But asking him to stay put wouldn't be a great use of his natural abilities. 

Defense is still incredibly questionable right up the middle.  A middle teams like the Pats exploited to great effect. 

I hope Berry has some personnel moves up his sleeve this offseason. 

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

I can't believe Drew Forbes is still hangin' on

I'd love to see a percentage number, of drafted rookie's that get injured, and really just can't recover from the injury..Sad..Jake Butt coming out of Michigan may be another?

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That IDL lineup .... 😥

Re: Perrion, in his interview he said he's a 3 tech.  I know he was asked to lose a bit of weight at OU. Even if he puts it back on, probably will hover around 295ish.   His best film from what I've seen so far is 3 tech, then he can kick inside in sub packages where he can do damage. But asking him to stay put wouldn't be a great use of his natural abilities. 

Defense is still incredibly questionable right up the middle.  A middle teams like the Pats exploited to great effect. 

I hope Berry has some personnel moves up his sleeve this offseason. 

saw this on twitter.. the guy even admitted to he may be wrong on DT true gap positions..but most don't look to bad for a start

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I'd love to see a percentage number, of drafted rookie's that get injured, and really just can't recover from the injury..Sad..Jake Butt coming out of Michigan may be another?

saw this on twitter.. the guy even admitted to he may be wrong on DT true gap positions..but most don't look to bad for a start

Elliot and Togiai are the only decent 1 tech candidates. I'm being generous saying decent.  Double T might, but only if there has been some serious changes to his body this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Elliot and Togiai are the only decent 1 tech candidates. I'm being generous saying decent.  Double T might, but only if there has been some serious changes to his body this offseason. 

We'll find DT's are easier to find, than Edge's. down the road. DT Goldman comes to mind/but his market money is crazy? lot's of cuts coming too..

I love Newsome's a physical corner... but he can't get hand'zie playing slot..🤞  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

We'll find DT's are easier to find, than Edge's. down the road. DT Goldman comes to mind/but his market money is crazy? lot's of cuts coming too..

I love Newsome's a physical corner... but he can't get hand'zie playing slot..🤞  

Finding DTs just to throw a body at the position is easy. Finding effective players at value takes a bit of work. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Finding DTs just to throw a body at the position is easy. Finding effective players at value takes a bit of work. 

and a GM to a open mind, of valuing his* own players better than his own choices.. He's done it with Chubb/Ward/Hunt/Bitonio/Teller ect..

My issue with Berry ? He's not* done particularly well drafting mid round guys.. Harrison Bryant might be his one trophy? He's loaded up with his mid-round value choices now, so I'm willing to wait them out.. or I'm I ? time will tell..

edit-- The Happiest Monday's are those you schedule yourself OFF work !

Happy Monday !

I got my own error's to make happen...🏃‍♂️ gotta go