THE BROWNS BOARD

Age limits

Westside Steve

43 minutes ago, Axe said:

I think there should be a Current Events questionnaire that you have to pass to be able to vote.

There should also be an intelligence test. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

If we're electing individuals to lead and represent us then it might help if they're intelligent

Except for the fact that I think a lot of people confuse intelligence with political ideology. Or college degrees. They are not the same even though you have a college degree.

For instance genius or not rumor has It that Einstein was pretty scatterbrained. An idiot savant can have a ridiculously high IQ.

That being said Donald Trump is clearly more intelligent than Joe Biden. FWIW

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Except for the fact that I think a lot of people confuse intelligence with political ideology. Or college degrees. They are not the same even though you have a college degree.

For instance genius or not rumor has It that Einstein was pretty scatterbrained. An idiot savant can have a ridiculously high IQ.

That being said Donald Trump is clearly more intelligent than Joe Biden. FWIW

WSS

"I think people confuse intelligence for political ideology"

"Donald Trump is clearly more intelligent than Joe Biden"

...anyway

I don't expect to get anywhere with the discussion of specifically intelligence. A large portion of this country is very clearly anti expert, anti academics, anti science, etc. There isn't going to be agreement on intelligence.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Shouldn't that carry over to voting? Glad to see you are on board with a literacy test.

👍

WSS

I've literally posted on here about a weighted voting system where an individual's vote combines history, current events, our political system, etc. 

It has a lot of inherent bias though as not everyone has access to the same levels of education. 

Plus, if the first question was "Who won the 2020 election?" you'd have the right freaking out over "political bias" in the answer. 

Also, we're talking about the representatives themselve, not who votes for them. Apples to oranges. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

"I think people confuse intelligence for political ideology"

"Donald Trump is clearly more intelligent than Joe Biden"

If you can't listen to the speech patterns and make a distinction maybe you aren't as intelligent as you brag about being.

...anyway

I don't expect to get anywhere with the discussion of specifically intelligence. A large portion of this country is very clearly anti expert, anti academics, anti science, etc. There isn't going to be agreement on intelligence.

Which absolutely has nothing to do with intelligence. Do you have the slightest idea how IQ as measured? I'm guessing you might but you just don't care.

WSS

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I've literally posted on here about a weighted voting system where an individual's vote combines history, current events, our political system, etc. 

glad you're on board with bringing back Jim Crow. Tell you what wait a politician suggest that and wait for blm to start burning down Strongsville. Okay

It has a lot of inherent bias though as not everyone has access to the same levels of education. 

Education is by no means intelligence and even if you brag about being more intelligent than everyone else you're probably not. I don't know the percentage but I would imagine there are a great deal of semi-literate players in the NFL all with degrees. Or many.

Plus, if the first question was "Who won the 2020 election?" you'd have the right freaking out over "political bias" in the answer. 

just to be clear you are talking about the dimwits of the Democrat Party that won't possibly believe that anything could have been underhanded? But again that has nothing to do with intelligence.

Also, we're talking about the representatives themselve, not who votes for them. Apples to oranges. 

That's absolutely ridiculous. Considering that a man with 150 IQ or over could be a Nazi a tyrant or a pedophile or whatever you don't like, the damage is done by voters with an IQ of 67 who like his hair or not. A monkey with word for somebody who gives him a banana regardless of his IQ. Assuming again you know what and IQ is.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Which absolutely has nothing to do with intelligence. Do you have the slightest idea how IQ as measured? I'm guessing you might but you just don't care.

WSS

Yes, right, you can have a high IQ and be a high school drop out. I get it. But that's generally going to be the exception to the rule. IQ and Educational Attainment have a correlation.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's absolutely ridiculous. Considering that a man with 150 IQ or over could be a Nazi a tyrant or a pedophile or whatever you don't like, the damage is done by voters with an IQ of 67 who like his hair or not. A monkey with word for somebody who gives him a banana regardless of his IQ. Assuming again you know what and IQ is.

WSS

Wow the entirety of this response is insane and causes me to have to reply to things I never said and points I never made. What a shocker.

I'll give this an attempt...

- Again, I'm acknowledging the inherent bias. I'm not saying it should happen or that it's fair. Jumping down my throat for some Jim Crow gotcha after the initial IQ bases voting gotcha is completely misguided.

- Tell me the last time I "bragged about being more intelligent than everyone." Intelligence and Education have a correlation. Again, just having a master's doesn't mean you have higher IQ than a high school drop out. I get statistics and how averages work. Using NFL players to "prove" your point here is ridiculous and I would hope it's fairly obvious why. And again, this very minor subset of individuals with very unique circumstances doesn't change the overall correlation

- If you were to institute a test to weight votes I would be more concerned about their knowledge of current events, our government, etc than their ability to pattern match, etc. (IQ). Point being, which you proved, both political parties can't even agree on what the facts are. The right would consider it an unfair question to ask who won the election with the answer being Biden. That's asinine. 

- sigh...and the last paragraph is just more of the same that I think I already replied to. AN IQ requirement (or something like that( for running for office and something like that for voting are two different issues with different considerations. 

Yes, we get it, IQ isn't an end all be all

Yes, we get it, political agenda will sway this subjective interpretation (you've already shown that)

And please learn how to reply correctly

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Tell me the last time I "bragged about being more intelligent than everyone." Intelligence and Education have a correlation

A. When have you NOT inferred directly or indirectly to "vaunted" intellectual superiority?

B. No, education does not directly relate to intelligence.

Why? Because I knew very, very high iq folks who loved their military careers and never went to college and got a degree in anything.

My first programmer job, I was quickly up the responsibility chart, and was responsible for 47 savings and loans mortage payment calculations programming. Never made a mistake. I was right out of college.

I only had a 2 yr degree. The guy next to me had a 4 year degree in computer science from Ohio State. couldn't program crap. Then they assigned him to an easy report generator language. He kept screwing up the code. They asked me to help him. I couldn't do it all for him, and eventually, they let him go.

Everyone has something they are pretty good at. Yours is engineering. Mine was programming. etc etc etc etc.

Had a furnace guy come out and do a yearly check on our furnace. Furnace guy... not smart? mediocre IQ?

Turns out, while I was learning about furnaces etc from him, that he met his Wife in nursing school. He was in his fifth year, and got pretty sick a second time, and flunked a final.; Got kicked out of the program. Seriously. One semester from graduating.

Our NC friends' daughter is close to graduating this year from nursing in college. Only eight are left in their entire class.

Some of her friends went and worked in restaurants....hospital receptionists.....

I have a friend who never went to college. He owns two businesses and makes a salary in the six figures.

The student in NC from Germany - said hitler was very intelligent. But all too late - they found it was in a sick, profoundly and dangerously evil way.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Wow the entirety of this response is insane and causes me to have to reply to things I never said and points I never made. What a shocker.

I'll give this an attempt...

- Again, I'm acknowledging the inherent bias. I'm not saying it should happen or that it's fair. Jumping down my throat for some Jim Crow gotcha after the initial IQ bases voting gotcha is completely misguided.

- Tell me the last time I "bragged about being more intelligent than everyone." Intelligence and Education have a correlation. Again, just having a master's doesn't mean you have higher IQ than a high school drop out. I get statistics and how averages work. Using NFL players to "prove" your point here is ridiculous and I would hope it's fairly obvious why. And again, this very minor subset of individuals with very unique circumstances doesn't change the overall correlation

- If you were to institute a test to weight votes I would be more concerned about their knowledge of current events, our government, etc than their ability to pattern match, etc. (IQ). Point being, which you proved, both political parties can't even agree on what the facts are. The right would consider it an unfair question to ask who won the election with the answer being Biden. That's asinine. 

- sigh...and the last paragraph is just more of the same that I think I already replied to. AN IQ requirement (or something like that( for running for office and something like that for voting are two different issues with different considerations. 

Yes, we get it, IQ isn't an end all be all

Yes, we get it, political agenda will sway this subjective interpretation (you've already shown that)

And please learn how to reply correctly

Honestly woodpecker I have no idea what you're talking about in your last sentence. I quote your post and add in my responses usually in bold. I don't know what you want except maybe just to be a pain in the ass. Send me a screenshot of what is pissing you off. It looks fine on this end.

Probably not worth responding to it. At least you finally admit you've got some sort of grasp on the difference between intelligence and ideology. I wouldn't bet Joe Biden has a very high  IQ but the people that tell him what to do might. So what's the difference?

And frankly if you're serious about your sliding scale or weighted system of voting fine. I'm no fan of democracy as you might know. Not that we are one nor have we ever been one. To be honest I don't think we were ever a representative Republic except maybe on paper and in speeches . Also I would much rather that people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground just stayed home and didn't vote. And it doesn't matter if Joe Biden's IQ is 106 or 85. He's not calling the shots anyway so who cares?

I've also given my opinion on how fair or not the election was, I think the election was bulshit but I don't think it was individual instances of voter fraud that did it in. But if that's what you want to pretend hot dog.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Also you spent plenty of time being an a****** toward people of faith, spaghetti monster s*** you get it.

https://www.famousscientists.org/25-famous-scientists-who-believed-in-god/

WSS

Oh wow, people born in the 17th century believed in god? This is game changing! I'm a believer now....hope I pick the right one!

You may want to look into Einstein's religious beliefs. 

This post of yours though, this reply, this attempt at a gotcha is a great example of what I've referenced so many times. This is just thrown out there for no reason for me to reply to. We've gone from an IQ test for politicians to "well these scientists believed in God!" (According to that site). It adds no value in this back and forth. 

Your other post too is just getting further and further off base. Oh well. 

Oh wow, people born in the 17th century believed in god? This is game changing! I'm a believer now....hope I pick the right one!

This post of yours though, this reply, this attempt at a gotcha is a great example of what I've referenced so many times. This is just thrown out there for no reason for me to reply to. We've gone from an IQ test for politicians to "well these scientists believed in God!" (According to that site). It adds no value in this back and forth. 

Go Blue! 😂🤣

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Value, just like religion, is in the eye of the beholder....

A young man that has never been truly tested, never seen his life about to end views life, and religion differently than men that have.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Of course there wer e plenty of atheists back then. But these days 90% of people believe in God as at very least he Supreme Being with 56% believing in the traditional God. And we've all heard you blather on about how a college education makes  one superior.

But s*** talk about getting off the subject. No doubt people and their seventies could have slower synopsis. Of course people in their thirties haven't lived through that extra 40 years of life experience and are less likely to know their asses from holes in the ground. Or some Millennials and most gen Z who still live with Mom and Dad. I would say they don't have the experience to be trusted with a vote wouldn't you agree?

Or people who have been on welfare their whole lives?

WSS 

WSS

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

.And to top that off a voter ID requirement. Right?

Thats very conservative of you, and I agree, but I don't have to tell you who would vigorously oppose this as vigorously as they oppose voter ID.  So you may want to re-think that. 
You guys wouldn't be able to get any democrat elected having those kinds of requirements. It's been proven that conservatives are better informed than the left.

22 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Test