THE BROWNS BOARD

Age limits

Westside Steve

On 1/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, MLD Woody said:

Musk his doing his internet troll king / attention thing because Bernie said something he didn't like. That's clearly where this comment is coming from. 

xxxxxxx

That being said I think implementing an age limit like this for public office would be a net positive

xxxxxx

Test 2

WSS

23 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Would like to see an age cap, even if the tool Musk agrees 😁

Cool. Let's make it 45 through 85. Or how about 40 thru 80?

Plus I'm all about the literacy test that would only include employed property owners. We could run on the same ticket! Just to f*** with the voters.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Cool. Let's make it 45 through 85. Or how about 40 thru 80?

Plus I'm all about the literacy test that would only include employed property owners. We could run on the same ticket! Just to f*** with the voters.

WSS

What if you are a retired land owner?

9 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

What if you inherited the land?

Why would that matter? I know you're just throwing garbage out but... owning property wouldn't have anything to do with how it was acquired would it? If so tell me how? Like was it won in a legal settlement? Given as a gift? Why would there be a difference. I realize you just getting into time-wasting mode but...

And how would being retired preclude being self-sufficient I know it doesn't but just in case you wanted to keep playing.

😁

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Why would that matter? I know you're just throwing garbage out but... owning property wouldn't have anything to do with how it was acquired would it? If so tell me how? Like was it won in a legal settlement? Given as a gift? Why would there be a difference. I realize you just getting into time-wasting mode but...

And how would being retired preclude being self-sufficient I know it doesn't but just in case you wanted to keep playing.

😁

WSS

You said to ONLY include EMPLOYED property owners

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Amended to self-sufficient 26 minutes ago.

And your rationale for property ownership?

WSS 

If there will ever be a “weighted” voting system, as some here have suggested, then property owners  votes should have more weight. Especially, when it comes down to where the property taxes go to

34 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

If there will ever be a “weighted” voting system, as some here have suggested, then property owners  votes should have more weight. Especially, when it comes down to where the property taxes go to

I agree with this.  I have to pay for kids to go to liberal run schools?  Not fair.  Tax the people with children going so school.  Not me.  I paid enough already.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I agree with this.  I have to pay for kids to go to liberal run schools?  Not fair.  Tax the people with children going so school.  Not me.  I paid enough already.

And I don't want as much of my taxes going to the military!

Everyone can write in their own percentages!

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

And I don't want as much of my taxes going to the military!

Everyone can write in their own percentages!

The military is more important IMO

People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

WSS

55 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

WSS

Both taxes started in or around the civil war

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

And it probably won't be long before the Chinese surpasses. Nothing lasts forever. Ask England Germany France Japan Rome Greece Etc

Even though that's a little bit off topiic for a thread about restricting the voting rights of people you/I/we don't like.

Also the US dollar has only been the world's reserves since World War II. Ironically when the world accepted the United States as a leading superpower.

WSS