THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker mentioned on "The Herd" again.

Icecube

I guess a buddy of his owns/runs a restaurant in LA, and Baker was in town and eating there. There was a disturbance from a patron and Baker paid for his dinner, out of his heart, figuring the guy had some issues. The guy working there who was buddies with Colin introduced himself to Baker, not knowing who it was and when Baker said who he was, the guy admitted he was bros with Colin and knew of their discourse. He said Baker was a perfect gentleman and a super nice guy. 

• Upvote 1

Some of Baker's antics soured many fans, like his taunting of Hue & comments towards Grossi. 

If I was him, I'd get off Twitter.

I do think he likes it here in Cleveland. The Hue thing was unnecessary to me, but otherwise I like him, hope he heals up & plays better. 

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Some of Baker's antics soured many fans, like his taunting of Hue & comments towards Grossi. 

I do think he likes it here in Cleveland. The Hue thing was unnecessary to me, but otherwise I like him, hope he heals up & plays better. 

The play better part is the most important part here…cocky/humble or hero/villain….play well and win - no one cares 

• Upvote 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, Bob806 said:

Screw Grossi. He's a d*ck and has talked crap more often than not. Tony thought his mic was dead and said some derogatory remarks toward Baker. Plus, the idiot was trying to run Belichick out of Cleveland before Art did it instead. Hue? I could give a sh*t about him too. 1-31 and tried to trade the Browns #2 pick for A.J. McCarron. Oh, that pick ended up being Nick Chubb.

1 hour ago, Katfan4ever said:

Screw Grossi. He's a d*ck and has talked crap more often than not. Tony thought his mic was dead and said some derogatory remarks toward Baker. Plus, the idiot was trying to run Belichick out of Cleveland before Art did it instead. Hue? I could give a sh*t about him too. 1-31 and tried to trade the Browns #2 pick for A.J. McCarron. Oh, that pick ended up being Nick Chubb.

he called baker a fucking midget

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:43 PM, ATOM said:

he called baker a fucking midget

On 2/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

In football one would be the midget and the other the midgette. 😱

LOL, I screwed up... Being a left handed tennis player, I was hoping lefty Raf Nadal would beat that little Russian twerp Medvedev...  Turns out Daniil is 6'6", and one of the tallest players on the Tour...  I guess I let my anti- Russian bias show through.  🙄

BTW, if you follow tennis at all, Medvedev is at the top of the next generation men's tennis players.   He smoked Djokovic in the US Open final, and pushed Nadal to the limit before he lost in five sets in Australia Sunday.  That was a great match, I was smh over a lot of the shots they were hitting, or running down. He damn near beat Nadal at his own game.  

I wish the Browns would trade Baker, only because Cleveland doesn't deserve Baker. Seems like a stand up guy who puts his heart into it for his teammates every time he steps on the field. He clearly has holes in his game but I thought a lot to people had different expectations from him. The expectations I had when they drafted him is the Browns organization was a perennial loser and he was brought in to help right the ship in that aspect. I think he's done a fantastic job in that aspect.

Just out of curiosity for those who doubt Baker, who do you think is better Jimmy Garoppolo or Baker? Jimmy G. was absolutely terrible in the post season and he went to the NFC Championship game. He was throwing passes at defenders every time I looked at the screen. If Garoppolo got them that far, I feel a healthy Baker would have got them to the Super Bowl. At least the Baker I saw that beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Just out of curiosity for those who doubt Baker, who do you think is better Jimmy Garoppolo or Baker?

Jimmy.  He doesn't do the 'stupid' thing.  Like deciding NOT to throw it to a wide open Felton just past the sticks so he could be macho and run for it.  And not make it because he can't even outrun a cop.  Now, having said that, Jimmy G isn't the type of upgrade that's worth giving up many assets for.  He's better...but not markedly better.

18 hours ago, Neo said:

Garoppolo got them that far

Garoppolo did not get the team anywhere. Deebo became a verb this season, Brandon Aiyuk is an AllPro if on a lesser team [eg if he was greater than the 3rd option behind Deebo and Kittle], Trent Williams this season is arguably the best player on the field in every game [he's by far the best OL] and the SF defense is very good.  The 49ers made it as far as they did in spite of JG.  He is in no way worth trading for.  Even with all of Baker's regression this season, he's still better than JG.

49ers just spent [threw away?] this entire season starting JG trying to recoup their investment of picks in him in a trade to some hapless GM this offseason.. I think they failed but we'll see if someone didn't pay attention.  I find it hard to believe they couldn't have started Lance and achieved a better result.. JG was trying his best to lose the last couple of games and finally succeeded in his quest to make enough bad decisions.

16 hours ago, Orion said:

Jimmy.  He doesn't do the 'stupid' thing

The only thing Jimmy G can be counted on to do is in fact the stupid thing.  It's really a masterclass in disinformation to look at JG's decision-making [in his last SB he actually closed his eyes before he threw a pass that of course was picked] and attempt to convince others that JG is even at the level of Kirk Cousins in ball security.  JG's entire tenure in SF has been stupid decisions followed by people claiming The Next Time Will Be Different.  Fun fact -- Of all 69 QB's who have thrown 30+ passes in the 4th quarter of playoff games since 1991, JG's rating is.. 69th.  JG is basically Jameis Winston with a quarter of the arm strength..

I think Mahomes' first SB being won against JG has contributed to PM's regression this year [Patrick didn't win it so much as JG lost it contributing to PM thinking heroball is possible] and so being a Browns fan I'm thankful that JG was so terrible because it gives us a better chance in an AFC with PM..

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Jimmy.  He doesn't do the 'stupid' thing.  Like deciding NOT to throw it to a wide open Felton just past the sticks so he could be macho and run for it.  And not make it because he can't even outrun a cop.  Now, having said that, Jimmy G isn't the type of upgrade that's worth giving up many assets for.  He's better...but not markedly better.

I respectfully disagree. I believe a lot of Baker's struggles are injury related although it was Baker himself who got himself hurt. I believe that playoff run Baker is head over heels better than JG. I think our team is built similar to the 49ers and I think it is a team built for Baker to succeed. Granted we don't have a Deebo Samuel, I believe if the Browns draft smartly, they will be contenders next season.

If anyone believes that Baker is solely to blame for this season and you can just replace him would be making a huge mistake. He needs at least next season healthy to prove himself. As a long time suffering Browns fan,  I am willing to give him that chance.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Neo said:

I respectfully disagree. I believe a lot of Baker's struggles are injury related although it was Baker himself who got himself hurt. I believe that playoff run Baker is head over heels better than JG. I think our team is built similar to the 49ers and I think it is a team built for Baker to succeed. Granted we don't have a Deebo Samuel, I believe if the Browns draft smartly, they will be contenders next season.

If anyone believes that Baker is solely to blame for this season and you can just replace him would be making a huge mistake. He needs at least next season healthy to prove himself. As a long time suffering Browns fan,  I am willing to give him that chance.

Baker has had the same problem before the injury.  And it’s been highlighted by others on here…diagnosing coverages and reading defenses in a timely fashion at the NFL level.  He’s been blessed most of his career by having the luxury to overcome this issue with a more than capable offensive line.

If or When he gets extended the support around him will likely not get better and Year 5 when will he get better?

We don’t have Deebo but he had the luxury of better security blanket/move the chain WR the past four years Landry.  He’s got a future hall of fame back another that is an elite pass catching weapon.  He had a respected Decoy too that could open up things.

We aren’t ungrateful.  I am personally grateful that with the help of others he’s turned 1-31 into a .500 record with one playoff experience.

I Want more 

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Baker's problem this year was convincing himself that he could play hurt.... His stats tell a different story...  

On 2/2/2022 at 10:57 AM, SdBacker80 said:

Baker has had the same problem before the injury.  And it’s been highlighted by others 

If or When he gets extended the support around him will likely not get better and Year 5 when will he get better?

How's the Tampa fans doing?   https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/02/the-bucs-and-baker-mayfield/  to soon ? 🤭...

How much do you like Pickett at #13? 😨 He's age 23.5 when drafted