THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

Well, since this may be my last Official "This Week" on the Official "Brownsboard", I will share some history:

When I bought my first PC in 1997, my "Gateway 2000" came with an "AOL" CD which was how I could get on the "World Wide Web". Once the screeching stopped and the little yellow man walked across my screen, the first thing I typed in the internet was "Cleveland Browns". And that took me to the "AOL Grandstand" where characters like Atenears, Hoorta and Ghoolie were already arguing about how to build the "new" Browns team that was still a year and a half away.

Well, we knew we were coming back to the AFC Central, so I thought we should take an inside look at our future division each week. But with a twist or two: I wanted to make up a swami character with a crystal ball so that people wouldn't take it too serious, thus my AOL moniker Zombo2000 became "The Great Zomboni". And since the grandstand boards were crawling with fans from other teams, my goal was too make it satirical to hook our rivals into getting pissed off ... I didn't know it was called "trolling" at that point, but I was a natural.

So I made my predictions sound earnest enough to get the Steeler and Ravens fans who were invading our board to lose their minds over my predictions. And I made fun of the lowly Bungle fans. And I managed to get under the skin of Jags and Tits fans who were in our division at the time too.

Hilarity ensued. And I kept the gimmick up as we moved from board to board until we finally landed here in 2003. The key was that I could never be cornered. If I predicted the game wrong, I was going against the spread. If I lost against the spread as well, then it was "why are you getting so worked up about a prediction made by a guy that calls himself "the Great Zomboni" who has a crystal ball? Can't you see it's just a farce for fun?" It was the Unfrozen Caveman defense ... "I'm just a swami with a turban and a crystal ball, your world frightens and confuses me". But if I won ... I boasted for a week, posted my "record" and all of the Stillers and Rats scurried for the corners

As the years went by, we got less and less trolls, and as the Browns continued to suck, and suck some more,  my battles became more with fellow Browns fans. From those who took the predictions too seriously and called me an "idiot" for picking the Browns, to those who felt I was "jinxing" the Browns and needed to pick them to lose once (never did). That was easy for me to handle. I have no problem defending my beloved Browns, even if they are 0-16, and, although I hated them most Mondays, by the time I was writing "This Week in the AFC North" at the end of the week ... I really did believe the Browns would win. Every week. Call me an optimist, call me an idiot, call me a goof ...I'll never stop believing in my Browns.

Super Bowl LVI

Los Angeles Rams v. Cincinnati Bengals, Sunday  6:30 PM

Not a good matchup for the Bengals. The Rams have a much better roster and should be more than 4.5 favorites, I imagine the late money is gonna pour in on the Rams. But in particular, the Rams pass rush versus the Bungles OL may be the mismatch of the year.  And I don't see the Bungles corners stopping Cooper Kupp. Eli Apple? Bitch please. So that's the game ... but let me get something else off my chest: What the fuck is all this shit with Browns fans rooting for Cincinnati? I'm hearing things like "rooting for Ohio","rooting for Joe Burrow" and "rooting for the underdog/ want to see someone new win it". What the fuck in the name of Gipper's grave spinning are you talking about?? You're Browns fans, act like! Granted, I'm not from Ohio, but I'm from Western Pa and I don't root for Philadelphia because those idiots play in the state I was born. And this homo-eroticism for Joe Burrow is particularily troublesome. I guess he's from Ohio or was a backup at OSU for a bit ... Who gives a fuck? I don't root for Penn State guys that play in our division, what the hell are you doing rooting for this jackoff? We have to play him twice a year for eternity, start hating him now like a true Browns fan. He's no different than Big Gay Ben or Lamar Jacko ... He wants to drink your milkshake! Fuck the Bungles. They are the first team I ever hated. I became a Browns fan when I was 4 in 1968. I barely remember 1969, 1970 is the first year I clearly remember. And I clearly remember hating the Bungles. First year of the AFC North, the Browns, Steelers and Colts just moved to the AFC. The Steelers were a joke, 1-13 or something. The Browns were graying champions, still the class of the new division, it was assumed. But the Browns went a dissapointing 7-7 and the 8-6 Bengals won the first AFC North Championship, I can still see them celebrating with those cheap letters pasted to their stolen orange helmets. We won the division the next year, but the rivalry was on: Kenny Anderson and Isaac Curtis killing us, the Browns winning in Cincy in 1980 to clinch the division with Thom Darden knocking out Pat McInally, Bernie Versus Boomer, Sam Wyche "You Do Not Live in Cleveland" speech, The crazy Horseballs Anderson 51-45 shootout in 2007, handing the intercepted ball to Hue Jackson on the Bengle sideline, two dogfights every year where you "throw out the records" Fuck the Bengals! Check your manhood and root against them, we don't want those Kentucky hicks winning a SB before us ... what the hell is the matter with you ladies? Win One For The Gipper RAMS 41 BUNGLES 16

EEUYcVRUEAMRvvM.jpg

Zombo2000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't like the Bungles or the Clams... If they could wind up in a tie... I would love that.. But I guess in this instance.. They play till there is a victor.. I just hope they beat the fuck out of each other.. Don't care who wins... But I would love to see Blowdell get knocked on his ass out of the game.. That little bitch deserves NOTHING!

• Upvote 1

Ohio born and raised here. Northwest Ohio about 8 miles from big dumb bens town, been gone a long time but from what I hear most people around there think he's an ass .But I regress. Watched the Browns win the championship in 64 on a black and white Zenith never imagining I'd still be waiting for the second one 58 years later, but I never changed allegiance to them. I'm not sophisticated or an elitist but I've always considered any fellow Ohioans south of Dayton to be less of Ohioans ( sorry Hoorta).Joe Burrow doesn't play for the Browns so I could care less where he was born or where he went to college. As for the game ehh somebody has to win it . I do see Cinci's O line being dominated and maybe Joe gets  another torn ACL and MCL. So if I am forced to make a prediction that's mine. I've always admired Stafford, good QB on a bad team for years. wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring but that means obj gets one too. After his actions as a Brown I can't be good with that either. Like I said, the chances of a career ending injury to someone will hold my interest.

• Thanks 1

I have ZERO rooting interest in either team winning. I wouldn’t mind seeing OBJ have a key fumble or drop though😜

I just want a square or 2 to come in, for some cash

• Like 1

I am rooting for the bengals totally, mostly because of sissy objerk. The fake injury, whining, bigheaded brand-oriented sombeitch doesn't deserve a superbowl after undermining the Browns locker room the past year. I hope objerk pulls two hammies and a groin, and gets the flu before game time, lol.

I am delighted the squealers and ratbirds are nowhere to be found in this upcoming superbowl.

The bengals will have to play their best game of the year. If they can game plan right, they will run a fast pace game because of their offensive line needs work. objerk helps Canton Mike's favorite wr get open. How the (&* does Cooper Cupp do it? He ran a 4.62 forty, but plays like he runs a 4.3 out of his breaks, and he gets open...crazy.

The upside for the Bengals is that Uzomah, te, says he will play. I hope he has a great game.

I predict the rams will win -35-28- so that the Bengals win, 31-24. lol

Nah, I've decided the fairweather Bungle fans need to wait another 30 years to get to another Super Bowl....  There's going to be a few Bungleites at our Super Bowl party, but I'll have the decency to not  openly cheer for the Rams...  (maybe)  

What made my decision...

1) Stafford used to play for the Lions (who haven't been to the SB either) Wife is a reformed Lions fan and her brothers still are... Go Matt!!!  

2) Don't forget (if you don't realize it) some Gipper Trivia for you. The Rams started out in Cleveland.  :) 

3) I'll have to overlook the Rams OBJ and Kroenke stench, but Bungle fans will be insufferably obnoxious here in Dayton for at least the next six months if they win.  

4) I'm with Zombo on this one... As far as I'm concerned, the Bengals shouldn't even exist. Ripped off the Browns colors and the Massillon Tigers moniker.  If the Bengals had moved to Baltimore (as they should have) Cinci would never have gotten a different NFL team- same boat as Saint Louis.    

• Thanks 1

The Bungles served up that 7 with a stupid coach's decision to go on 4th at mid field.... Lombardi is rolling over in his grave watching these new age smart coaches. 

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I have ZERO rooting interest in either team winning. I wouldn’t mind seeing OBJ have a key fumble or drop though😜

I just want a square or 2 to come in, for some cash

I wonder if that missed EP will help you any ?    LAR 13-3.

44 minutes ago, D Bone said:

1st one on his way to SB MVP 

And karma speaks up......or did OBJ just need some camera 📷 time ?

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not sure why so many feel the need to shit on OBJ so much. 

He's a very good WR and was misused here. That seems pretty clear now.

If anyone was seriously rooting for an injury they're a shit person. 

I'd never wish an injury on anyone..... but OBJ is an arrogant ahole on the field or off.   

And I think his great days are behind him.  

• Upvote 2