THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade for Amari Cooper

bjh2130

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

My worry about Cooper is that neither of his 1st 2 teams felt he was a keeper.  Let's hope the 3rd time is a charm.  This is a year the NFL Draft looks like there could be some very talented WRs available in our draft slot at #13 overall; but this move may shift the WR priority to round 2.  Then they can go edge rush or DT or trade-back.  We shall see... 

Yeppers!

Cooper DPJ Schwartz….I think WR is still in play in Round 1.

Can we count on Cooper being here after 2022?  And a Big question mark still on Schwartz.

I have this sneaky feeling we go Drake London.  He’s very Mike Evansesque.  If you want ZERO excuses analyzing  Mayfield he’s your guy.  I like Wilson too.  There are some good ones this year it would be darn shame to take the second tier 

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can we count on Cooper being here after 2022?  And a Big question mark still on Schwartz.

I have this sneaky feeling we go Drake London.  He’s very Mike Evansesque.  If you want ZERO excuses analyzing  Mayfield he’s your guy.  I like Wilson too.  There are some good ones this year it would be darn shame to take the second tier 

Totally agree. 

I think Cooper basically takes over for Landry, which means the Browns still need someone to be THE guy that OBJ was supposed to be. 

I'd take Wilson at that spot in a second. Wilson, Cooper, DPJ? Yes, please. 

41 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Unfortunately it's 50/50 on whether London is still there for us. But there are several very excellent WRs this year, even down into the 2nd round if Landry stays.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns still need someone to be THE guy that OBJ was supposed to be. 

I'd take Wilson at that spot in a second. Wilson, Cooper, DPJ? Yes, please. 👍

As in "be a better Higgins? Run a route depth where it's designed to be?" Amari Cooper can do this..

20 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

WR won’t be in play in the 1st round, pay attention to the depleted DL . 

Berry should have this draft class set up for best player at any position available... Only maybe 15-18 draftees, carry real 1st round grades.. Pick 13 is a good value spot

surprise team position cuts & FA's period starts Weds. 4pm... were a ways from pinpointing any real needs.. stay tuned & enjoy.. Prepare for a roller-coaster ride...

L9bVhfDi9Va3pKPNje.gif   Brownies! Here we Go!  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Totally agree. 

I think Cooper basically takes over for Landry, which means the Browns still need someone to be THE guy that OBJ was supposed to be. 

I'd take Wilson at that spot in a second. Wilson, Cooper, DPJ? Yes, please. 

The likely scenario is that Coop takes over the role of ODB - vertical threat.  

The issue is this team needs a WR like Landry.  Nobody else reads and anticipates coverages along with blocking their ass off like him that is currently on this roster, barring some type of massive off-season improvement by Schwartz and DPJ.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The issue is this team needs a WR like Landry.  Nobody else reads and anticipates coverages along with blocking their ass off like him that is currently on this roster, barring some type of massive off-season improvement by Schwartz and DPJ.

You think Amari Cooper is the "keep the opposing defenses honest and threaten to blow the roof off" type of guy we all hoped OBJ was going to be? 

Because I see more of a 6 catches for 72 yards, move the chains type of guy. 

Regardless, at this time last year the Browns were heading into the season with Landry and OBJ as the starters. OBJ is gone, and it looks like Landry will be moving on. Cooper replaces one of them, and someone like Wilson, London, Burks, Olave could very well replace the other. I'm not guaranteeing the Browns are using the #13 pick on a WR, but I don't think the trade for Cooper makes it unlikely they use the pick on one. 

It wouldn't shock me if they are pretty much in the "Alright Baker, we kept your tight ends, all your RBs, and traded for a legit starting WR and drafted a stud WR. It's put up or shut up time."

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

dug into some Jahan Dotson (scared to hit no-one) & Skyy Moore/David Bell game films last night.. They all lack what Landry can do in tight spacing...Moore & Bell have nice blocking frames & traits on film..

but, They sure ain't 80's film coming out of LSU ... 

If Brandon Cooks is still a FA? we may need a Landry cheaper back-up plan? 📞

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You think Amari Cooper is the "keep the opposing defenses honest and threaten to blow the roof off" type of guy we all hoped OBJ was going to be? 

Coop and Odell almost have the exact same career YPC at just a shade under 14YPA.   

So....  yeah.  That's likely how he'll be used in this offense.    Me, personally?....

45 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

If Brandon Cooks is still a FA? we may need a Landry cheaper back-up plan? 📞

....  This is where I would have gone.  I was a big proponent of the Cooks idea a season ago.  He's a vertical threat that could have been had for cheaper long term (I believe?) 

and would allow this team to fill role players instead of having to rely on the classic idea of a #1 and/or #2 receiver.

• Upvote 2

First an amazing trade for Cooper!!

I want to hear a LOT  of

COOOOOOPP and HOOOOOOPP!! at.  FIRST ENERGY! as for FA.... I really want Brandon Cooks, and to bring back Ogbah...and a DT! 

Please resign Clowney and Jarvis(3 year deals for both)

Then we are set to draft BPA at 13!!! I would love Olave there but any of the top 3 DE,DT, or WR =BPA for all rounds after!!! Man MHO is AB is the best GM the Browns have had in....my lifetime! 

GO BROWNS!!! 

I like it a LOT. All depends upon how we use him. We need to re-structure his deal.. and Landry to keep them both. Hoping Landry is swayed to stay with Amari coming on board...but He may want a change of scenery. Doutful WR is with our 1st, but slim chance it still happend but have to grab a couple WR's in this deep WR draft. I like the Njoku tag.. looks like they woke up to the fact he is really good. Now, game plan to feature him more. He's way more explosive than Hooper.