THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade for Chase Winovich - Mack Wilson Traded to NE

Riffer X

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The same Chase Winovich who was in the Pats doghouse for not playing within his defensive role at times? 

Pats linebackers being traded away does not have a good history.  

I don't think he'll be playing a ton of linebacker for browns.  He's a little light for sure but I believe he will be a rush end for browns on pass downs. Also I was more than ready to move on from mack

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't think he'll be playing a ton of linebacker for browns.  He's a little light for sure but I believe he will be a rush end for browns on pass downs. Also I was more than ready to move on from mack

He was a 2pt rush backer and would fill various roles in NE.  I'd have to watch more of their structure but I do remember his name being tossed out involving some friction in NE.

They've filled the Takk McKinley role.  Winovich During the Patriots // More Pats Thoughts on Winovich

Note that even though he didn't play much last season, his play while on the field was down measurably [48.9PFF] from his first 2 seasons at passrush.  Somehow he was slightly better in 2021 at.. run defense and tackling.  I'm unsure what he'll bring, but that's why his value was a LB who would have been the end of Browns rotation.

10 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Yup.... a lot of time on other end of the line from MG in base D. I like this deal. An underlying plus here is the time we took with Wilson. No one can claim he was not given time to develop. Continuing investment in developing talent is another hallmark of successful organizations. Last year struck me as Mack's best season to date.

• Upvote 2

Steve Everitt's #61 would have been a better choice...

images.jpg.392f2da74b7318d4c8073ec4b8ee3222.jpg       images.jpg.2267fcb36d5da7291ac41c290d4e67a4.jpg           

• Upvote 1