THE BROWNS BOARD

Keenum gone, here comes Brissett

Bob806

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Report: Browns sending Keenum to Bills for 7th-round pick
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2320661

I guess Keenum wanted out too... How laughable can this organization get?

15 minutes ago, nickers said:

It was his contract. We unloaded it and still got a draft pick, Briskett is just as good, nice move.

Z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It was his contract. We unloaded it and still got a draft pick, Briskett is just as good, nice move.

Z

He's a decent backup

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

I saw yesterday, Case got a million dollar raise...Now Buffalo pays it...Berry is now fk'ing with these people... Good for you Case.. Good Luck ! 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

wtf dude we also re worked coopers contract  saving 15 million on this years contract  and for what ever reason watson only counts 10 million this year so ya we get them both for 15 million this year But ya the front office has no idea wtf they are doing right ? 

hey nickers since you like case so much go root for buffalo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Report: Browns sending Keenum to Bills for 7th-round pick
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2320661

Well, that sucks 

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

You mean we traded for a barbequed Brisket?  Stupid. Keenum is a more than an adequate backup. Knew the system, and the Browns considered him worth a sack of seeds. 

Just watch Z, as we have to trade GIVE AWAY  more players to make the cap work for the Brown's next (highly compensated) QB God. Brisket will be the savior when DW sits out the suspension that sure as hell is coming? Thank you very much, but I'd far rather have Keenum running the show in that eventuality.  

I'll even sell you Section 111 seats at a 30% discount I'm getting so pissed off...  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, laiccm said:

Browns are ranked as a Superbowl contender as of yesterday

If he sits out 8 games ther'ell be no SB or any playoffs for that matter...

• Haha 1

so you are saying the rest of are team is complete garbage  that are o-line and running backs suck ass that players like Garrett JOK Newsome Ward all fucking suck and that we just gave away the #13 pick this year and the first overall picks in 23 and 24 ? ya o.k after we make the playoffs this

year maybe you should leave

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, that sucks 

You mean we traded for a barbequed Brisket?  Stupid. Keenum is a more that adequate backup. Knew the system, and the Browns considered him worth a sack of seeds. 

Just watch Z, as we have to trade GIVE AWAY  more players to make the cap work for the Brown's next (highly compensated) QB God. Brisket will be the savior when DW sits out the suspension that sure as hell is coming? Thank you very much, but I'd far rather have Keenum running the show in that eventuality.  

I'll even sell you Section 111 seats at a 30% discount I'm getting so pissed off...  

hell i always thought Brissett would have taken the colts farther than rivers did with the colts in 19 his pct was 60.85 with 18 td's and 6 int  so ya if he can play at that rate we should be fine untill Watson is ready

Drafted by the Patriots in the 3rd round

Younger... 29 vs 34

taller... by 3" he's 6'4"

durable..215lbs vs 234 lbs. 

bigger arm strength, with same accuracy as Case

should come in about 2M less than Keenum...

NC State Woof! Backer from my great state of NC  (what could go wrong :ph34r:)  

15 minutes ago, ATOM said:

hell i always thought Brissett would have taken the colts farther than rivers did with the colts in 19 his pct was 60.85 with 18 td's and 6 int  so ya if he can play at that rate we should be fine untill Watson is ready

Brisette an upgrade over Keenum,  sorry, but kiss my ass.   Their career stats are sort of equal except Keenum's  11-3 record with the Vikings.  I'll let you look up how they did last year if you somehow think Case is washed up. 91 qbr, JB 78.  

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Drafted by the Patriots in the 3rd round

Younger... 29 vs 34

taller... by 3" he's 6'4"

durable..215lbs vs 234 lbs. 

bigger arm strength, with same accuracy as Case

should come in about 2M less than Keenum...

NC State Woof! Backer from my great state of NC  (what could go wrong :ph34r:)  

LOL gotta scrimp and save anywhere we can, after Watson's $46 million kicks in... BTW, Say adios to Ward next year too...   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL gotta scrimp and save anywhere we can, after Watson's $46 million kicks in... BTW, Say adios to Ward next year too...   

Not with the rise in the salary cap

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Ward will be playing corner for Browns next season Larry... game to game.. season to season...  We have our answer to the starting QB position, if folks like it or not.. tv revenue is coming 

you dont know that about ward and as far as kennum vs brissett  its a wash but i will agree to disagree with you even tho i think brissett is better

Brissett's scouting report from NDT coming out of NC State:

Arm Accuracy: Struggles with ball placement when timing is disrupted on drops. Issues stem from rushed mechanics and failure to reset feet when required to speed up process. Tremendous touch and placement as a vertical passer to place throws in the bucket.

Poise: Issues stem from timing. Is extremely calm in the pocket. Plays with control amongst chaos; shows strong feel for rushers and will extend plays by shrugging off tacklers before shoveling ball to an exit valve.

Decision Making: Mental processing needs to be sped up; will deliver throws late on account of progressions and timing. Does not attack blitz packages to take easy yards. Sees field of play well and rarely throws into coverage. Shows situational awareness.

Pocket Awareness: Slides inside of the pocket well to extend plays; although will at times drop eyes if extending and initial read is not open. Shows strong ability to adjust angles, drops and boots as a means of forcing errors in pass rusher angles.

Arm Strength: Has enough arm strength to make any throw on the field. Impressive ability to push the ball vertically down the field. Illustrates strong ability to squeeze throws into tight coverage when striding into throws. High quality trait.

Mechanics: Does not consistently square to targets throwing on the move. Struggles notably with ball security; shows the ball frequently to rushers in the pocket. Strong, over top delivery without a notable hook or elongated delivery.

Anticipation: Will only occasionally flash throws to receivers prior to breaks. Current rate of processing coverages requires notable work. Spot throws are most consistent on vertical passes up the sideline; does not throw into zone holes with frequency.

Progressions: Utilizes full field of play but rate in digesting defensive coverage and transitioning is problematic. High number of primary throws in final season; vertical shots against pre-snap 1 on 1 or smoke throws in the flat dominated pass targets.

Footwork: Feet are not notably quick dropping off the LOS. Struggles to collect and reset throwing platform on the move or after shuffling past rushers. Pass drops are clean with strong weight distribution. Strides into throws very well from set platform.

Run Ability: Will not regularly beat next level defenders for long plays with speed. Tremendous balance and strength to stand firm and break tackles. Powerful legs can move the pile in short yardage situations. Surprisingly nimble on feet to shake defenders

11 hours ago, Vambo said:

Elliot and Roth both got 6 games.

Roth (Big Ben I'm assuming) got 6 games, reduced to 4. 

You know, Roger is so dam inconsistent with punishments, who knows what he'll do with Watson.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Roth (Big Ben I'm assuming) got 6 games, reduced to 4. 

You know, Roger is so dam inconsistent with punishments, who knows what he'll do with Watson.

Exactly! Don't know if it will be less cuz he missed a season already or more because of the amount of the accusations 

• Upvote 1

Roger makes decisions based on who the team is ...he has his faves, look at the amount of times the Ravens had games pushed back for Covid and the Browns were made to play.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Roger makes decisions based on who the team is ...he has his faves, look at the amount of times the Ravens had games pushed back for Covid and the Browns were made to play.

I think that's true but we got help with that last year and the Ravens got screwed on the schedule last year....which was FANTASTIC 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, that sucks 

You mean we traded for a barbequed Brisket?  Stupid. Keenum is a more than an adequate backup. Knew the system, and the Browns considered him worth a sack of seeds. 

I have no idea what you are pissed off about, Brisket is good veteran qb, with decent stats, a little more mobile than Case. He's a guy that can hold the fort for two or three weeks, just like Case.

Case was overpaid and we needed to dump that contract to allow more players in.

Smart move.

Z

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I have no idea what you are pissed off about, Brisket is good veteran qb, with decent stats, a little more mobile than Case. He's a guy that can hold the fort for two or three weeks, just like Case.

Smart move.

Z

Brisket ..lol, I think your ribbing him ...remember it was Watson who wanted his pork pulled. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Smart move.

Z

Sorry Z, Brissett is NOT an upgrade over Keenum, MHO. But just keep believing he's a upgrade.  Sub mediocre- 2021...  2-3 W-L with Miami with a 78 qbr...  Keenum? 2-0 W-L with a 91 QBR. + Case knows Stefanski's system.   Jacoby was willing to work cheap period. A warm body Berry hopes won't lose more games than Case should Watson get slapped with a lengthy suspension.   Salary isn't up yet on Spotrac or Over the Cap yet, but vet minimum is $1.1 million.   Did they ask Case if he'd take a pay cut?  

Now if the savings means they can bring either\or\both Landry and Clowney back I go along with it.