THE BROWNS BOARD

udfa

syd

OFFENSE

• QB Felix Harper - 5-11, 180 lbs - Alcorn State (Source)
  • WR Isaiah Weston - 6-4, 210 lbs - Northern Iowa (Source)
  • WR Travell Harris - 5-9, 185 lbs - Washington State (Source) - $10,000 bonus
  • WR Mike Harley - 5-11, 182 lbs - Miami (Source)
  • TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden - 6-5, 267 lbs - Florida Atlantic (Source) - $30,000 guaranteed
  • C Brock Hoffman - 6-3, 317 lbs - Virginia Tech (Source)
  • OT Ben Petrula - 6-5, 314 lbs - Boston College (Source)

DEFENSE

• DT Glen Logan - 6-3, 339 lbs - LSU (Source) - $60,000 bonus
  • LB Silas Kelly - 6-4, 230 lbs - Coastal Carolina (Source)
  • S D’Anthony Bell - 6-2, 205 lbs - West Florida (Source)
  • CB Julius Faulk Jr - 6-1, 205 lbs - Delta State (Source)

Watched a bunch in Carolina... A hair on fire, (little under weight),fun little ball of fighting piss ants..  

FRoN_MbXEAAvAJN.jpg.c44ebb85783d922d1a1a0478eb5569fe.jpg

FRogBVSXIAIn5CL.jpg.278791ed8ab0e71ff1bf4debc8437f31.jpg FRpLplWXwAAk7wz.jpg.919ae3458799069bebaabc53314c951e.jpg  upper Rt.

hope to see him get to the PS to bulk up a year... Good Luck, Silas ! Congrats !  

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Silas-Kelly-LB-CoastalCarolina Durable ! 109 tackles/ 43 solo... chippy with a mouth to smack talk back.. He's gonna love Cleveland ! 

The Mullet Menace 

• Like 1

Amazing what professional training facilities can do to bring out the potential of a player's physical ability. 

The rest is the book studies and desire to make the team versus a group of other candidates who want the job.

A few will make it, the rest go other team's camps or home.   Professional sports at it's entry level. 

This is the guy I have chosen to follow as a rookie this year in the slot, especially since I have been assured by a credible Browns fan that Landry is history.

WR Mike Harley - 5-11, 182 lbs - Miami

I googled Mormons Vs. Mullets, and that’s apparently a thing. Like there’s a bunch of shirts. 

And it begs some weird questions. Are mormon’s not allowed to have mullets? And what deity gave dish ware to the first guy with a mullet? Any mormons or mullets on here who can answer?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I googled Mormons Vs. Mullets, and that’s apparently a thing. Like there’s a bunch of shirts. 

And it begs some weird questions. Are mormon’s not allowed to have mullets? And what deity gave dish ware to the first guy with a mullet? Any mormons or mullets on here who can answer?

This would be a great South Park episode. They already had one great Mormon episode, how about a second? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This would be a great South Park episode. They already had one great Mormon episode, how about a second? 

Just an FYI.. 

I may not be a Mormon, but I do know a fair amount of their history, how & why they wound up in Utah. Upstate New York, to Kirtland, Ohio... Then Nauvoo, Illinois. They were rather unpopular there with the (non  Mormon) local citizenry.. Seems they (The Mormons) burned the local newspaper office to the ground after the Editor had some unflattering comments to say about Joseph Smith. The "Prophet", and God Emperor of Nauvoo.  (He declared the newspaper to be a nuisance, and had it abated) The only reason Brigham Young didn't get killed along with the Mormon hierarchy was he was out of town when the ensuing nasty mob took a fair number of them out.  Heading West seemed like a pretty good option after that.  

FWIW, my brother in law lived directly across the Mississippi River in Keokuk, Iowa opposite Nauvoo for years, so I had the opportunity to learn a little of the local history.  :)  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just an FYI.. 

I may not be a Mormon, but I do know a fair amount of their history, how & why they wound up in Utah. Upstate New York, to Kirtland, Ohio... Then Nauvoo, Illinois. They were rather unpopular there with the (non  Mormon) local citizenry.. Seems they (The Mormons) burned the local newspaper office to the ground after the Editor had some unflattering comments to say about Joseph Smith. The "Prophet", and God Emperor of Nauvoo.  (He declared the newspaper to be a nuisance, and had it abated) The only reason Brigham Young didn't get killed along with the Mormon hierarchy was he was out of town when the ensuing nasty mob took a fair number of them out.  Heading West seemed like a pretty good option after that.  

FWIW, my brother in law lived directly across the Mississippi River in Keokuk, Iowa opposite Nauvoo for years, so I had the opportunity to learn a little of the local history.  :)  

I lived in Kirtland ,Ohio for many years... The Mormon Temple there is the first ever built in the US... It has been documented that Steve Young has made pilgrimages there... beautiful building..

Mormon Temple.jpg

• Upvote 2

Browns sign former Texas Tech basketball player Marcus Santos-Silva to play tight end

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-sign-former-texas-tech-basketball-player-marcus-santos-silva-to-play-tigh

A former All-Big 12 honorable mention selection is heading to the Cleveland Browns.

A former All-Big 12 standout in basketball, that is.

The Browns announced Monday they have signed Marcus Santos-Silva, who played basketball at Texas Tech the past two seasons.

Santos-Silva, listed at 6-foot-7, 250 pounds on the Texas Tech website, will go from playing forward to tight end.

He's coming off a super senior season in which who averaged 4.7 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. A season prior, Santos-Silva tallied 8.3 points per game and a team-leading 6.4 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.

The Browns' tight end room already includes incumbent starter David Njoku and Harrison Bryant, among others, but head coach Kevin Stefanski is a huge proponent of two-tight end sets.

Switching a big-bodied basketball player into a tight end isn't new in the NFL, with the most well-known being Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. While Gonzalez played basketball and football in college, Gates did not.

Cleveland is hoping Santos-Silva will make a productive switch. So too are the Jacksonville Jaguars, who invited former Clemson basketball player Naz Bohannon to their rookie minicamp, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

From the hardwood to the gridiron they go.

More on Santos-Silva -- One of the Browns FO guys had played basketball at the AAU level and so combined his own knowledge of what skills translate to the NFL with hours of watching clips of this guy.. Good to see them willing to spend the time for bottom-of-roster churn because good reps are hard to find! 

And he dropped no passes during his workout with the coaching staff.. we've paid millions to WR's that couldn't "accomplish" that from a jugs machine..

• Upvote 2

Massive summary of each of our UDFA's -- Substantial links and stats and somehow video on every UDFA.  They got some good ones..

Don't be surprised when:

Isaiah Weston and his 9.99 RAS beats out Woods for the WR5 even though he's a 25yo rookie.

Shaun Jolly, 2019 First Team All-American and PFF #1 rated CB, makes the roster as the 10th DB.

Glen Logan, the LSU DT next to Farrell this past season, earns game reps from the PS after an injury at some point this season.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Unsympathetic said:

More on Santos-Silva -- One of the Browns FO guys had played basketball at the AAU level and so combined his own knowledge of what skills translate to the NFL with hours of watching clips of this guy.. Good to see them willing to spend the time for bottom-of-roster churn because good reps are hard to find! 

And he dropped no passes during his workout with the coaching staff.. we've paid millions to WR's that couldn't "accomplish" that from a jugs machine..

When I read about 'rebound abilities' the first thing I think of when it comes to any big target is both body control and positioning throughout their route(s).   Jason Witten was the man when it came to using his larger frame to box out LB's and DB's.   It's something of a lost art that has given way to ultra athletic ability at the TE spot.

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

When I read about 'rebound abilities' the first thing I think of when it comes to any big target is both body control and positioning throughout their route(s).   Jason Witten was the man when it came to using his larger frame to box out LB's and DB's.   It's something of a lost art that has given way to ultra athletic ability at the TE spot.

How about Kent State product Antonio Gates.  He lived in that 8-10 zone boxing out defenders 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/1/2022 at 11:59 AM, syd said:

OFFENSE

• QB Felix Harper - 5-11, 180 lbs - Alcorn State (Source)
  • WR Isaiah Weston - 6-4, 210 lbs - Northern Iowa (Source)
  • WR Travell Harris - 5-9, 185 lbs - Washington State (Source) - $10,000 bonus
  • WR Mike Harley - 5-11, 182 lbs - Miami (Source)
  • TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden - 6-5, 267 lbs - Florida Atlantic (Source) - $30,000 guaranteed
  • C Brock Hoffman - 6-3, 317 lbs - Virginia Tech (Source)
  • OT Ben Petrula - 6-5, 314 lbs - Boston College (Source)

DEFENSE

• DT Glen Logan - 6-3, 339 lbs - LSU (Source) - $60,000 bonus
  • S D’Anthony Bell - 6-2, 205 lbs - West Florida (Source)
  • CB Julius Faulk Jr - 6-1, 205 lbs - Delta State (Source)

any of these guys even on the practice squad

On 5/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, nickers said:

I lived in Kirtland ,Ohio for many years... The Mormon Temple there is the first ever built in the US... It has been documented that Steve Young has made pilgrimages there... beautiful building..

Hey nickers my one brother lived in Chesterland but moved to Kirtland where they live in now.  They like the area but might sell their remodeled  ~105 year old house and move a short distance away.    Like it up there  ?   Kirtland had a good high school football team too.