63    DT    6-3    298    24    R    LSU

Roderick Perry II
64    DT    6-1    304    24    R    Illinois

Tommy Togiai
93    DT    6-2    296    22    2    Ohio State

Perrion Winfrey  (2022 4th round pick)
97    DT    6-4    290    21    R    Oklahoma

------------------------

So this is probably the shakiest position on defense.  Three rookies in the group.  Elliott and Togiai have yet to impress.  

59 minutes ago, Orion said:

Taven Bryan  (2018,  29th overall pick)
99    DT    6-4    291    26    5    Florida

Sheldon Day
92    DT    6-1    293    27    7    Notre Dame

Jordan Elliott
96    DT    6-4    303    24    3    Missouri

Glen Logan
63    DT    6-3    298    24    R    LSU

Roderick Perry II
64    DT    6-1    304    24    R    Illinois

Tommy Togiai
93    DT    6-2    296    22    2    Ohio State

Perrion Winfrey  (2022 4th round pick)
97    DT    6-4    290    21    R    Oklahoma

------------------------

So this is probably the shakiest position on defense.  Three rookies in the group.  Elliott and Togiai have yet to impress.  

Elliott was coming on nicely at the end of last year. Toga was a guy that needed an offseason in an NFL program, and now he has it, definitely has a good motor. Oprah may have been our best draft pick this year ... we are definitely addressing this position through the draft, the jury is out on how that ends up.

Z

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Elliott was coming on nicely at the end of last year. Toga was a guy that needed an offseason in an NFL program, and now he has it, definitely has a good motor. Oprah may have been our best draft pick this year ... we are definitely addressing this position through the draft, the jury is out on how that ends up.

Z

I think before the season is half through Winfrey takes over one of the starter roles permanently, most likely right next to Myles who will be his tutor and inspiration for higher level of play. I just think they will really compliment each other to become an unstoppable force on that side of our defense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Elliott was a non-factor at times and struggled in the couple games he started.  Togiai was a late round tweener taken 2 rounds too high, and Winfrey is a promising 3 tech prospect who is still a rookie. 

Hoping the IDL is addressed further because right now it's a mess and the Patriots were the 1st team to expose that flaw last season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Axe said:

Suh is still out there.

A good spot player, needs his minutes cut down. While he is a classic iron man, and just doesn't miss games, his play has fallen off quite a bit the last few years. 

I'm not saying no, only saying that Suh isn't even much of a stop-gap option at this point.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

A good spot player, needs his minutes cut down. While he is a classic iron man, and just doesn't miss games, his play has fallen off quite a bit the last few years. 

I'm not saying no, only saying that Suh isn't even much of a stop-gap option at this point.  

I was going to say the same thing.  I think he averaged around 45 snaps last year- way too much for the tread that is left on his tires.  His PFF I believe wasn’t great either- not the be all or end all but another factor to consider. 

Id be intrigued if we brought him in cheaply (I don’t think that will happen) and put him on a pitch count where I think he produces a little better. 

36 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Eddie Goldman or Sheldon Rich are my two that are realistically available that I’d consider.

Goldman has been a disappointment but he’s got talent and he’s still youngish.

Sheldon Rich knows the organization he can a short term stop gap. 

Goldman would be the name that stands out to me for the role I'm looking at. 

I know he was playing well in the early going for ChiTown, then again  having Akeem Hicks and Khalik Mack on the same front can help make anyone's life a lot easier. 

I have to go back and watch Suh then Goldman.   I'm still behind on finishing up Deaton and Wright though =(

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Elliott was a non-factor at times and struggled in the couple games he started.  Togiai was a late round tweener taken 2 rounds too high, and Winfrey is a promising 3 tech prospect who is still a rookie. 

Hoping the IDL is addressed further because right now it's a mess and the Patriots were the 1st team to expose that flaw last season. 

This was pretty much my thinking (without actually saying it) when I started this thread.  I was also going to say in the OP that we'd probably be scouring final roster cuts for DT's.