THE BROWNS BOARD

How American

MLD Woody

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Well, how about passing gun laws that don't require the cooperation of criminals?

And what would those be?

42 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Like what? give some examples.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

WTF you talking about?

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

And what would those be?

I can give you a rough example of what I have in mind but it's just that at this point. It's just a theory I have that I'm refining. 

If you get arrested for any crime, a red flag goes up. You cannot buy a firearm until you have been investigated. If you get in trouble for a second within x amount of time, you automatically have to wait say x amount of time lets say (2 years) until you can buy a gun. If you get caught before the two years in trying to possess a firearm or are in possession of one, you go to prison for x amount of years and you forfeit your right to ever own a gun. Of course there are many other variables to consider but you get the idea.

EDIT This example is what would happen to someone that has a clean record. Obviously would be worse for someone who has a criminal record and the kind of crimes they have committed.

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

I can give you a rough example of what I have in mind but it's just that at this point. It's just a theory I have that I'm refining. 

If you get arrested for any crime, a red flag goes up. You cannot buy a firearm until you have been investigated. If you get in trouble for a second within x amount of time, you automatically have to wait say x amount of time lets say (2 years) until you can buy a gun. If you get caught before the two years in trying to possess a firearm or are in possession of one, you go to prison for x amount of years and you forfeit your right to ever own a gun. Of course there are many other variables to consider but you get the idea.

EDIT This example is what would happen to someone that has a clean record. Obviously would be worse for someone who has a criminal record and the kind of crimes they have committed.

Any crime? 

11 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Any crime? 

Yes. The idea is to target would-be criminals before they've actually done anything. In that stage where they think they want to try something and end up getting busted. Red flag goes up, they investigate what kind of crime and if you are a danger. If they deem you're no danger then you get reinstated to be able to buy guns. If you violate within a certain amount of time from the last offense, you automatically get banned for a length of time (2 years. also depending on the severity of crime). If you get caught before the two years in possession of a gun, you're done and you serve time. 

It's deter people from committing crimes to begin with and also to give you a chance it you want to lead a good life, or get you off the street quickly before you can hurt someone. Like a said, very rough idea. Many variables to consider.

34 minutes ago, Neo said:

The issue is the Liberal Prosecutors e no cash bail and a slap on the wrist for murder...if these people don't enforce the laws the people won't follow them.

Just look at what happened when they made under $900 in stolen goods they wouldn't prosecute, all the criminals just walking in loading their bags and walking out without fear or jail time.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yes. The idea is to target would-be criminals before they've actually done anything. In that stage where they think they want to try something and end up getting busted. Red flag goes up, they investigate what kind of crime and if you are a danger. If they deem you're no danger then you get reinstated to be able to buy guns. If you violate within a certain amount of time from the last offense, you automatically get banned for a length of time (2 years. also depending on the severity of crime). If you get caught before the two years in possession of a gun, you're done and you serve time. 

It's deter people from committing crimes to begin with and also to give you a chance it you want to lead a good life, or get you off the street quickly before you can hurt someone. Like a said, very rough idea. Many variables to consider.

A lot of things would have to be addressed for this to work on some levels.  Such as, an owner could not sell his firearms to another individual or else you would circumnavigate the whole process.  Hell, I inherited 2 pumps and a .243 at age 13.

But as far as mass shootings, it wouldn't make a dent.

so, attempted murder with a gun - in JAPAN.

how UNAmerican the title of this thread is.

some of the most serious gun control -

still doesn't stop mentally ill from being violent.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/pm-shinzo-abe-shot-speech

Gun Control in Japan. Japan has what many consider to be the world's strictest gun control laws, and the idea is often put forward that the Japanese gun control laws should serve as model for other nations. However, although gun related crimes in Japan are lower per-capita than elsewhere, such reasoning ignores many other factors, which at the ...

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Gun Control in Japan. Japan has what many consider to be the world's strictest gun control laws, and the idea is often put forward that the Japanese gun control laws should serve as model for other nations. However, although gun related crimes in Japan are lower per-capita than elsewhere, such reasoning ignores many other factors, which at the ...

Let's just say that diversity has never been a Hallmark of Japanese culture.

WSS

weird. The assassin was a member of the maritime self defense dept, at least at one time.

Did the murder with a homemade double barrel shotgun.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/08/what-shinzo-abe-assassin-told-police-n2609939

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

You're a fucking moron

You really want to compare statistics here between the two countries???

I'm just kidding, you can't understand number or data at all. You only consuming and regurgitate anecdotal evidence that fits your agenda 

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You really want to compare statistics here between the two countries???

sissy woodpecker. My post was not about statistics. btw, if you list them, list the population of both countries, or be a pansy and pretend it doesn't matter.

It isn't about statistics, birdbrain.

It's about any nutjob can find a weapon - or make one, to commit murder. All the gun control in the worst gun control country will not stop it.

You just got caught with your feathers down, that's all.

Nutjobs, criminals ignore your gun control laws.

Utopian that up your beak, freak. You are free to move to another country you think you'd love to live in.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sissy woodpecker. My post was not about statistics. btw, if you list them, list the population of both countries, or be a pansy and pretend it doesn't matter.

It isn't about statistics, birdbrain.

It's about any nutjob can find a weapon - or make one, to commit murder. All the gun control in the worst gun control country will not stop it.

You just got caught with your feathers down, that's all.

Nutjobs, criminals ignore your gun control laws.

Utopian that up your beak, freak. You are free to move to another country you think you'd love to live in.

Of course your post isn't about statistics. 

Statistics are based in facts and you disregard facts that conflict with your world view. 

If you honestly want to use this one instance where a guy in Japan killed one other guy with a male shift gun to somehow excuse the gun violence in America you are beyond lost and have clearly removed all of your rational thought and replaced it with NRA / far right talking points. 

woodpecker pecked:

"

Of course your post isn't about statistics.  Statistics are based in facts and you disregard facts that conflict with your world view.  If you honestly want to use this one instance where a guy in Japan killed one other guy with a male shift gun to somehow excuse the gun violence in America you are beyond lost and have clearly removed all of your rational thought and replaced it with NRA / far right talking points.  "

you're a moron.

From wikipedia:

"Measurement processes that generate statistical data are also subject to error. Many of these errors are classified as random (noise) or systematic (bias), but other types of errors (e.g., blunder, such as when an analyst reports incorrect units) can also occur. The presence of missing data or censoring may result in biased estimates and specific techniques have been developed to address these problems. "

The study of data, to determine INFORMATION, does not automatically lend itself to facts, jackbird.

Information gleaned from statistics is ONLY as valid as the numbers reflect - they do not necessarily lend credence to valid conclusions.

You're too stupid to argue with anyone else on this forum.

If you had giant 50' wings, you could fly, haha. If you had any idea what you blabber about, you'd still be an ignorant slutty birdbrain.

So, what made you hate Christianity so much? you decided you were a gay, trans bird?

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

woodpecker pecked:

"

Of course your post isn't about statistics.  Statistics are based in facts and you disregard facts that conflict with your world view.  If you honestly want to use this one instance where a guy in Japan killed one other guy with a male shift gun to somehow excuse the gun violence in America you are beyond lost and have clearly removed all of your rational thought and replaced it with NRA / far right talking points.  "

you're a moron.

From wikipedia:

"Measurement processes that generate statistical data are also subject to error. Many of these errors are classified as random (noise) or systematic (bias), but other types of errors (e.g., blunder, such as when an analyst reports incorrect units) can also occur. The presence of missing data or censoring may result in biased estimates and specific techniques have been developed to address these problems. "

The study of data, to determine INFORMATION, does not automatically lend itself to facts, jackbird.

Information gleaned from statistics is ONLY as valid as the numbers reflect - they do not necessarily lend credence to valid conclusions.

You're too stupid to argue with anyone else on this forum.

If you had giant 50' wings, you could fly, haha. If you had any idea what you blabber about, you'd still be an ignorant slutty birdbrain.

So, what made you hate Christianity so much? you decided you were a gay, trans bird?

Cal I'm convinced you don't know the first thing about stats ...

... But thanks for quoting Wikipedia lol

And using gay and trans as an insult. You're clearly a 10 year old in an old man's body. Makes sense 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Cal I'm convinced you don't know the first thing about stats ...

... But thanks for quoting Wikipedia lol

And using gay and trans as an insult. You're clearly a 10 year old in an old man's body. Makes sense 

Gay is only an aberration; trans is actually mental illness. 

WSS

• Upvote 2

On 7/8/2022 at 10:56 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I'm sure you think that.

No different than the view many people, conservatives had of gays

Or how people treated women that had an education or a mind of their own way back in the day

How they live their life is based on genetics. So is bring devoutly religious. Or whatever mentally makes someone a Q supporter. You can argue whatever you want there as being more harmful. If people are happy, and it doesn't harm veryone else, then more power to them

We've already established you and the others, one of the tenants of conservativism, is being frightened by change. This is ni different. If well

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure you think that.

Or how people treated women that had an education or a mind of their own way back in the day

How they live their life is based on genetics. So is bring devoutly religious. Or whatever mentally makes someone a Q supporter. You can argue whatever you want there as being more harmful. If people are happy, and it doesn't harm veryone else, then more power to them

We've already established you and the others, one of the tenants of conservativism, is being frightened by change. This is ni different. If well

We don't hold you being gay against you, we hold being a stupid moron against you!

14 hours ago, Vambo said:

We don't hold you being gay against you, we hold being a stupid moron against you!

and a birdbrain. and a bs'ing anti-everything normal blowhard.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Well this thread certainly slipped off the rails. LOL!  

Take a break all:

A cowboy, who just moved to Wyoming from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud.

He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time..."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is an Airborne Ranger, the other is a Navy Seal, both serving overseas somewhere.

When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.

So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.

He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs. (I know, a tear is coming to my eye too)

All the regulars take notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.

"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."

"Hasn't affected my brothers though...."🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well this thread certainly slipped off the rails. LOL!  

Take a break all:

A cowboy, who just moved to Wyoming from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud.

He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time..."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is an Airborne Ranger, the other is a Navy Seal, both serving overseas somewhere.

When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.

So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.

He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs. (I know, a tear is coming to my eye too)

All the regulars take notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.

"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."

"Hasn't affected my brothers though...."🤠

Here's one my Nigerian boss told me today:

(Trigger Warning)

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing.  You already told her twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Here's one my Nigerian boss told me today:

(Trigger Warning)

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing.  You already told her twice.

I know who would end up with the black eyes if I even attempted to tell that one to my wife.🤕

On 7/10/2022 at 6:34 PM, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure you think that.

We've already established if you think women have penises you're f****** nuts. Has nothing to do with fear. I also don't think cats are vegetables no fear involved there either.

But homosexuality is most certainly an aberration.

So there's that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We've already established if you think women have penises you're f****** nuts. Has nothing to do with fear. I also don't think cats are vegetables no fear involved there either.

But homosexuality is most certainly an aberration.

So there's that.

Next thing ya know they'll want their own damn Army................................oh wait...............the Spartans beat 'em to it.😂