THE BROWNS BOARD

Woody/American fitness

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It's awful. The floor sometimes shakes when they walk, IF they don't ride. I suppose some people have a medical problem, but some......

egad.

It's genetics Cal! You didn't know that LOL?

Something that shouldn't surprise anyone...Republicans believe that being obese is a matter of personal responsibility, whereas obese democrats believe that obesity is due to genetics.  Placing blame elsewhere other than on themselves, what a surprise.

Republicans—regardless of their own weight—are more likely to believe obesity is caused by lifestyle and eating habits, the researchers discovered. Democrats, on the other hand, were divided. Democrats who are already overweight more often attribute their extra poundage to genetic factors.

Overweight Democrats blame genetics for obesity. Republicans blame something else. (mensjournal.com)

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Snoking? is that a gay thing?

You get your Monkey Pox vax yet?

Does that mean Anally Injected? LOL

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

They've quit or they're dead. 

Snoking has dropped with each generation 

No need to make excuses for the millennials. And the other higher group is not exactly the Boomers it's kind of a hybrid with Gen X. And of course we are talking about percentage not sheer numbers. I'm surprised 12 or 13% of Americans still smoke at all.

WSS

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No need to make excuses for the millennials. And the other higher group is not exactly the Boomers it's kind of a hybrid with Gen X. And of course we are talking about percentage not sheer numbers. I'm surprised 12 or 13% of Americans still smoke at all.

WSS

No excuses. Smoking has dropped with each generation. Which is good. 

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm#:~:text=Current cigarette smoking was highest,people aged 18-24 years.

CDC

Also just anecdotally most guys that I know my age have quit. And the most cigarette smoking I see going on is among young people.

WSS

Well just about everybody you see now is younger than you..............................so there's that1😂

9 hours ago, Axe said:

Snoking? is that a gay thing?

Well he's right in that snorkeling has dropped with each generation.

This statistic shows the number of participants in snorkeling in the United States from 2006 to 2017. In 2017, there were approximately 8.38 million participants in snorkeling in the U.S., down from 8.72 million the previous year

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Recreational weed

Not something prescribed by a doctor 

Ok I'll take the bait. I've always leaned toward it being legal. Stats indicate Americans increasingly say pot should be legal.

The only group lagging are conservatives. Tex is over 75 so him too.lol

Overwhelming support for legal recreational or medical marijuana in U.S. | Pew Research Center

ft-2021-04-16-marijuana-02a.png

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

Ok I'll take the bait. I've always leaned toward it being legal. Stats indicate Americans increasingly say pot should be legal.

The only group lagging are conservatives. Tex is over 75 so him too.lol

Overwhelming support for legal recreational or medical marijuana in U.S. | Pew Research Center

ft-2021-04-16-marijuana-02a.png

For the most part I trust and believe what doctors have to say semicolon no doubt there are some who have an agenda but mostly.

Absolutely no doubt that there are medical uses for marijuana. Same with opium cocaine oxy spiritus fermenti codeine morphine etc etc etc.

WSS

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Recreational weed

Not something prescribed by a doctor 

Maybe once they can test levels as they do for drinking, pot is addictive and slows reaction time immensely.  They named it dope for a reason.

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Snoking has dropped with each generation 

Axe said:

Snoking? is that a gay thing? You get your Monkey Pox vax yet?

Woodpecker thinks anyone who doesn't FEEL like he does - is a moron.

But he doesn't know how to spell "snorkeling" LOL

Wally Walrus - The Furry Waves

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Axe said:

Snoking? is that a gay thing? You get your Monkey Pox vax yet?

Woodpecker thinks anyone who doesn't FEEL like he does - is a moron.

But he doesn't know how to spell "snorkeling" LOL

Wally Walrus - The Furry Waves

Smoking is pretty stupid. I realize you can get hooked on it I realize in many ways it looks cool I also realize it's kind of one of those passive aggressive Coming of Age Civil Disobedience kind of things. It's still stupid. In the 60s everybody and their aunt smoked. It's just falling out of favor.

On the other hand, and this isn't meant to be racist, it seems like being great big and fat is a lot more prevalent especially in the black female community. Across the board as well but that one in particular.

WSS

I quit smoking almost 6 years ago... It had gotten to the point I was feeling nauseated every time I lit up... So it was a choice made on wanting to do something good for myself and living better... It was the best thing I ever did for myself...

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Smoking is pretty stupid. I realize you can get hooked on it I realize in many ways it looks cool I also realize it's kind of one of those passive aggressive Coming of Age Civil Disobedience kind of things. It's still stupid. In the 60s everybody and their aunt smoked. It's just falling out of favor.

On the other hand, and this isn't meant to be racist, it seems like being great big and fat is a lot more prevalent especially in the black female community. Across the board as well but that one in particular.

WSS

I think it was Virginia Slims maybe, that was found to be designed chemically to be more addictive. Something like that.

It's a terrible habit. I smoked one puff of a Winston Salem cigarette once, as a kid in an apple tree with my cousin, who swiped his parent's last one. It sucked. I gagged, and never smoked again. May as well go inhale a smoky campfire.

48 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Maybe once they can test levels as they do for drinking, pot is addictive and slows reaction time immensely.  They named it dope for a reason.

No doubt, but so does alcohol impair reaction time immensely. Alcohol has far more damaging effects on the brain, but long-term use of either is highly damaging to the body.

Drunk driving kills 35 Americans a day. No sure pot will ever catch up to that. The jury is still out on the notion that pot is a gateway drug.

So the point being is that if alcohol is legal why not pot?

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I think it was Virginia Slims maybe, that was found to be designed chemically to be more addictive. Something like that.

It's a terrible habit. I smoked one puff of a Winston Salem cigarette once, as a kid in an apple tree with my cousin, who swiped his parent's last one. It sucked. I gagged, and never smoked again. May as well go inhale a smoky campfire.

Well there's all sorts of BSS to making cigarettes more addictive or less addictive. Just a way for lawyers to get into the Deep Pockets of the tobacco companies. Like Dennis Leary said you could call them death cigarettes put them in a black package with a skull and crossbones on the label and people would still smoke them.

And of course they manipulate how much or how little nicotine and s*** is in the cigarette that's why there are light cigarettes and regular and straights.

WSS

Started smoking when I entered the military.  Quit in my early 30's.

Smoking is stupid because the human body wasn't designed to smoke. Nature, or if you will the Creator didn't fit us with a chimney. You stink, the house stinks, your clothes stink, your car stinks.

Our bodies were designed to drink however! Cheers!

Just don't drink and drive because you may spill some on yourself.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

No doubt, but so does alcohol impair reaction time immensely. Alcohol has far more damaging effects on the brain, but long-term use of either is highly damaging to the body.

Drunk driving kills 35 Americans a day. No sure pot will ever catch up to that. The jury is still out on the notion that pot is a gateway drug.

So the point being is that if alcohol is legal why not pot?

i agree

If the same testing standards are in place sure.

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Why does testing matter?

The existence of testing doesn't prevent drunk driving. 

How many accidents are happening because the driver smoked weed?

There is no rational argument to be made to keep alcohol legal and weed illegal. Any attempt to is clearly rooted in old school propaganda and beliefs. Pulling a "testing" card is just moving the goal posts. 

Conservatives are most likely to want to keep it illegal in one breath and the complain we need a smaller government (less nanny state) in the next. But that's nothing new

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Why does testing matter?

The existence of testing doesn't prevent drunk driving. 

How many accidents are happening because the driver smoked weed?

We don't know because there is no TEST for it!

Hello McFly...

55 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

There is no rational argument to be made to keep alcohol legal and weed illegal. Any attempt to is clearly rooted in old school propaganda and beliefs. Pulling a "testing" card is just moving the goal posts. 

Conservatives are most likely to want to keep it illegal in one breath and the complain we need a smaller government (less nanny state) in the next. But that's nothing new

Do they test for alcohol?

How are the posts being moved where did they start?

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

bs, you ignorant bird.

May 15, 2019The potency of weed depends on the amount of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main compound responsible for the drug's psychoactive effects. One study of pot products seized by the U.S ...
Many parts of the country have seen episodic crises due to synthetic marijuana, the largest occurring in Mississippi, where 721 adverse events were logged between April 2-3, 2015. Even with outbreaks aside, synthetic cannabinoids are 30 times more likely to harm you than regular marijuana. Even with these risks, 7 percent of high school seniors ...
Today's marijuana is more potent by far than the weed sold a generation ago, according to new data being presented Monday at the national meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS). The .