THE BROWNS BOARD

Eagles at Browns preseason game 2 chatroom

gumby73

🟧Officially ... I miss that little mouse dude that started these at 12:01 am on game days 🐭🟫

Playing Surface.. New turf installed Tues/Weds due to a Machine Gun Kelly concert

Whether? gonna be wet... Rain in forecast at anytime ( :

Go Browns! 

22 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Looks empty at stadium...

Not many people here either.   I don't really care for 3 preseason games,  you need 4 for a fair look.

Nice run by Dobbs.....and TD.

Just now, mjp28 said:

Not many people here either.   I don't really care for 3 preseason games,  you need 4 for a fair look.

Nice run by Dobbs.....and TD.

Not gonna lie, thought for sure holding on us.

I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.

• Upvote 1

Well.. Logan & Perry might sound like a good attorney firm... but their DT play ain't retaining fees or anybody as 3's... were back to the 2's  

Eagles run up the middle to 14-7 up

Yahtzee York from 50 makes this a 14-10 ballgame... can't stress enough, how D.Bell should thank Dobbs for not walking him straight into that outside corner.. Nice ball Dobbs

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I still think Dobbs might be the real deal. I hope he plays a lot in game 3 of preseason as well. But of course I'm not there watching them practice every day either, so I'm at a disadvantage for selecting the 11 game starter for the Browns.

Very, very smart. Rhodes scholar. He's fine as a back up but he's not leading a team to the promised land. He's like having an extra coach. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Why are the Browns not playing starters at all in this? Seriously odd choice. Those dudes need reps. 

they saw plenty in intersquad thurs/fri

• Thanks 1

Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

I'll be there ! I'll pass your Steeler thoughts on 😂

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Minschew is on the money 

The scrimmages this week are essentially the fourth game 

And I personally think 17 games is really pushing it.  I'd rather have 16 or even 14 but the owners would never buy that. 

• Upvote 1

You still need to see shit from outside the team. 🤷‍♂️

have ya seen philly's 1's? lean towards both coaches decision

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Im impressed at Joe Thomas in the booth.  Sounds good..smooth.  well done Joe!!!

Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Very likely bites the Browns in the ass come week 1. They have to be the only team not giving starters any time. 

I’m cosigning this approach. Don’t really want to see another starter go down 

They have the entire coaching staff in tact for the third straight year.  That’s a luxury and now advantage these days.  We aren’t learning a new scheme and rolling out a host of new starters.

Having said all this id like to see jacoby play a couple series 

Im done with Schwartz.  Guy gets arm tackled on a end around, dropped a pass and missed a block on run.  

15 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes,  he knows his trade well.  Our HOF guy.

Both announcers are doing a nice job. Much more enjoyable than listening to the Jags guys last week. Joe is great fun

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Not really. The reason they are not playing starters is they practiced them against the Eagles 1s during the week. No need to do even more when they need to make cuts soon. Got to know who you want to retain on the 53.