THE BROWNS BOARD

🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Browns at Panthers 🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

Zombo

13 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Jacoby looked rough. He is hot and cold. Hopefully he settles down the next couple games. We can smack the jets next week and start 2-0

Briquet sucks... You can't depend on him to win games

28 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I can't wait for the Baker apologists to come on here and say, "But it wasn't Baker's fault the Panthers lost". Lmfao

Too late people were talking about him being great after that 6 yard td run that 32 out 32 qbs score on with the way it opened up.

Baker was below average today.  He is an average qb. 125 yards and a td came of 2 wide open blown coverages (too his credit he did complete the passes). Put that with a couple of well schemed rpos and run after screen passes and you account for 95% of his yards.

To be fair, as tia and I talked about in the discord he did play better then jacoby. Brissett missed the throw on blown coverage or completely missed the guy running open altogether but that doesn't make baker good

Edit I just ordered my cade York jersey

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

We got a super generous roughing the passer call

We did not!  The defender hit him in the head with his helmet (and arm).

The bullshit call was when our guy tackled Baker and they penalized him for tackling.  When our guy committed to tackling Baker, Baker was not in the motion of throwing the ball.

--  It was good to see DPJ making catches, and contested catches.  Good game by him.

When we screwed up on D and left a receiver wide open, Baker hit him.  Brissett did not hit our guy when he was wide open.    That was a difference maker in the game.

Baker made his typical 'high over the middle' throw that got us a pick.  And he had several balls knocked down at the LOS, which we're familiar with.  The dropped snaps will get cleaned up I'm sure.

Chubb and Hunt played key roles for us.  The Great Nick Chubb.

Brissett didn't turn the ball over.

Felton has scared the crap out of me in the return game since his first ever attempt.

CADE YORK!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Jacoby looked rough. He is hot and cold. Hopefully he settles down the next couple games. We can smack the jets next week and start 2-0

Tbh I was in and out of the game so I may have missed his worst bits....but to me he looked overly cautious, always took the safe option....which made a nice change to baker slinging it all over the place. I guess we will see against better opposition, and with him more familiar with this offense, whether he will keep us in with a shout of a play off spot