THE BROWNS BOARD

Siberia Time

Bob806

8 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

"Finish"...   The word is not in the Browns vocabulary.

Unfortunately, hasn't been since TV transmissions were in black and white. 

15 hours ago, nickers said:

Shitpantski B L O W S!

While I am often critical of coach 'Fancy,' he did a fine job yesterday. Focussed on the run, and short passing game. No 4th down shenanigans, and little to no fancy stuff. No frills, just move the chains football is how you can win games with this Browns team. 

It is the defense, specifically the secondary that is in complete disarray for the second game running. Considering this is supposed to be a strong position group for us, that is completely unacceptable. Joe Woods deserves the vast majority of the blame here.

Neither can Stefanski help Chubb's decision to score, rather than slide and run the clock out like he should have done in a close game like this. Easy to forgive Chubb, since he carries the team on offense, but still a mistake that needs to be addressed to prevent reoccurrence. 

This is what you get when your secondary players are out with injuries at various times throughout the preseason. 

This is what you get when you don't play your starting defense, especially the DBs, as a unit during preseason. 

We got a pre-season performance from players who didn't play in the preseason because the coaches are too scared of injury. Joe Woods should've recognized that and played way more man-to-man coverage until the communications issues are resolved.

I don't blame Chubb for scoring that last TD. Coach should've told him not to. I don't blame York for missing the XP. That's going to happen, especially with a rookie. This is 100% on the coaches, Stefanski, Woods, and Priefer. They didn't give the starters enough reps in the preseason, they didn't prepare the team well enough to handle fake punts and onsides kicks. They need to do better.

• Upvote 2

Put simply, there's less than zero excuse for a dude being WIDE OPEN like Corey Davis was on the TD before the onside disaster. You can at least live with a great play or missed tackle (a la the Vikings in the playoffs a while back) but no one was even in the zip code. If the guys in the secondary can't have the common sense to do that (as we've seen two weeks in a row) it's time to make personnel changes.

Very glad it's a short week and all the other AFC North teams lost (to include an epic meltdown by the Ravens, too). 

I put it all on Stef and Woods... 3x's at least I saw guys in our secondary standing around confused with 0 clue what to do... I saw them stand there and watch guys go by with the football... This team is very undisciplined right now...

The Browns have such a great serious lot of talent everywhere - I think the near loss first week,

and this last one - could just be the distraction of the sleazeball twatson saga. I figure there are a lot

of guys on the Browns - really decent dudes - who have family members rejecting the worst trade in Browns history...

and some will wonder about laying their bodies on the line out there, when that qb got a historically highest guaranteed salary, and 3 first round draft picks .... losing to the jets - was just awful.

Just a guess.

But man, our kicker is AWESOME !

I will also say - that of all the players I always admired - like Clay Mathews, Hanford Dixon, Kosar, Sipe, Newsome, Leroy Kelly, the Pruitts, Dieken, Milt Morin, Lou Groza, Bill Nelson...... ...etc etc etc etc ...

Joe Thomas is at the top of that list. Congrats to him.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 9/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, Browns149 said:

FIRE JOE WOODS NOW!!!!!!!

But the problem is, replace him with who? 

I've calmed down a bit, it was a near unrepeatable fluke to blow that game. The stat nerds looked it up. You'd have to go back over 2,000 games where a team was up two scores, two minutes left, and the other team with no time outs and manage to  lose.  :(

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Lots of different reasons add up to a loss.

WSS

True, but the thing that gets me fired up is the offense did about as well as they could have. Brissett was nearly flawless ( INT at the end in desperation time).

Let's hope they get after Mitch Thurs, forget that soft zone D is a major disappointment now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

True, but the thing that gets me fired up is the offense did about as well as they could have. Brissett was nearly flawless ( INT at the end in desperation time).

Let's hope they get after Mitch Thurs, forget that soft zone D is a major disappointment now.

The one thing I wish Stefanski would do as a Head Coach (not to be confused with OC) is make sure the other 2 Phases of the game have a sound game plan with everyone on the same page.  They were not and that is a BIG part of the Head Coach's job.  The blind eye to them haunted the Browns.  

I don't want to fire any coach 2 weeks into the season.  But, Bill Parcels wouldn't hesitate to get all over the even best DC in the business (BB) back in the day if he felt something was wrong or could be wrong very shortly.  He was well versed on what was going on with all 3 of his phases/Coordinators.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

That's why it's not a good idea to wet your pants over the team when it's only on paper. We've done that the last couple of years. And after a loss everybody naturally wants to point the finger at somebody. And who knows about reality once Watson gets back as long as we can keep him out of the massage parlors till then.

But I thought the offense did better than expected. At least with Jacoby at the helm.

WSS

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

But the problem is, replace him with who? 

I've calmed down a bit, it was a near unrepeatable fluke to blow that game. The stat nerds looked it up. You'd have to go back over 2,000 games where a team was up two scores, two minutes left, and the other team with no time outs and manage to  lose.  :(

And amazingly but in no way surprising, the last team to do it was also the Cleveland Browns in 2001.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

The one thing I wish Stefanski would do as a Head Coach (not to be confused with OC) is make sure the other 2 Phases of the game have a sound game plan with everyone on the same page.  They were not and that is a BIG part of the Head Coach's job.  The blind eye to them haunted the Browns.  

I don't want to fire any coach 2 weeks into the season.  But, Bill Parcels wouldn't hesitate to get all over the even best DC in the business (BB) back in the day if he felt something was wrong or could be wrong very shortly.  He was well versed on what was going on with all 3 of his phases/Coordinators.  

Stefanski. End of this silly debate.

On 9/18/2022 at 4:39 PM, Bob806 said:

Browns secondary blows. 

Oh BTW just for the record Sibera Time is about  14 or 15  hours away from EDT.  I'd say our secondary is about that far off.....in coverage or tackling on key plays at least.

Check it out on the replay if you want to.     :huh:    

..... edit add,  while you're at it look how tiny the Ukraine (David) is compared to that massive Russia is (Goliath).  Yet the Ukrainians are currently kicking their butt.  I thought as a Ukrainian that is kind of cool.   :D

World_Time_Zones_Map.png

Edited by mjp28
  • Haha 2

I failed in world mapping 🤓 ^^

But if i had to guess? Camp Berea-stan;), should be a small village town of idiots, just outside that Russian Lake, surrounded by stans ..

maybe a good Haslam-stan Flying J is in Jimmy's future 🤣

No worries ! I'll be sober by TNF   😀 

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I failed in world mapping 🤓 ^^

But if i had to guess? Camp Berea-stan;), should be a small village town of idiots, just outside that Russian Lake, surrounded by stans ..

maybe a good Haslam-stan Flying J is in Jimmy's future 🤣

No worries ! I'll be sober by TNF   😀 

Send those DB’s to the Gulag!

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Sounds right.  When we watch depressants - we drink depressants.    

I would re-edit this to Cleveland Makes Me Drink MORE!!!

• Haha 2