THE BROWNS BOARD

🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Steelers at Browns🏈🏈🏈🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Browns fans wanted the secondary issues cleaned up.  

In response, Woods has thrown more man coverage out there and "simplified things"... two words you yourself have used.  The man coverage also allows him the ability to try and be more aggressive on early downs to cover up the bad smell produce by our soft IDL he has been saddled with.  Unfortunately there's only so much you can do when you have one of the worst position groups in the NFL at the most exploitable space of the defense.

I'm not sure how many floodlights one man needs to put up, but I've beat the drum for anybody who would listen - that once we found a team with a patient enough game plan to attack the interior, it would be bad for this defense.     

But people don't want to read, listen, digest and think... they want to bitch.  Nothing else. 

Our DL is pathetic overall... Clowney out, and they neutralized Garrett all night with double teams.  Damn near zero QB pressure.  

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Missed facemask but managed to call a hold on the next play:(

Yeah, I saw that too...  how did they miss that facemask on Conklin?  

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'll go for that.....aren't they supposed to kick it regardless of circumstances  ?

Not anymore, mjp, when it's over, it's over. No need to kick a meaningless extra point. Homebody Ward gets a TD though.  :)  

13 hours ago, Bob806 said:

For me, the jury's still out. His first season, everything seemed fine. Last year, well we really don't know the story but what a disappointment. 

I hate changing coaches all the time, but he's GOT TO win these home division games or he'll be sent packing. 

A lot of positives today, but still not a well oiled machine. I guess this was progress. I hope it keeps improving.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

A lot of positives today, but still not a well oiled machine. I guess this was progress. I hope it keeps improving.

Yep. 

A must win on a short week. It is what it is, but my hunch is players & coaches dread these Thurs games. You never know how your team will perform.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

1.) Our DL is pathetic overall... Clowney out, and they neutralized Garrett all night with double teams.  Damn near zero QB pressure.  

2.) Yeah, I saw that too...  how did they miss that facemask on Conklin?  

1.) at my count.. Woods called a blitz 3 times. J. Phillips twice..Taki once.. What they did do well, was held up on 3rd downs. Pitt was 1 of 9 on 3rd down..

2.) Pitt's win at all cost cheap shots.. begins at 10:44 in the 3rd..Starts at A. Walker injury..3 calls against Pitt followed that play.. Facemask no call on Conk comes soon after..

If Shelton Richardson wants to play? Pay the man! We need his inside mouth & motor..

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Stef ain't perfect in all phases.. but what he has done? Watch some all 22's.. He's been good at designing Cousin/Baker a  structured offense.. JB ain't playing checkers.. He's playing chest in it.. at reading & seeing the open guys & making catch-able located throws...His drops take him to where he can see windows..not break them.. 38 runs(3 Qb sneaks) 31 of 21 passing/ 2 TD/ no picks**..

Bitonio sure played well for a injured all pro stud..Love the M.Dunn at FB/TE sets :)

But can someone tell our ST coach? Your pro bowl KR/PR stud ain't coming back.. Take the ball at the 25! let it go!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

All 4th Qtr long I was pleading for us to force a turnover.  When did we get one?  When there was no time left on the clock!  :)

N.Harris game end-er was ruled a fumble TD.. WR J.Johnson fumbled also, that he luckily fell straight on...

edit--- Ya'all need to get past the Jets 2 minute implosion...What's done is done.. Ya'all made me nervous reading mid 4th quarter post  🤓.. I didn't get off my knees until after the on-sides kick... Bad Karma.. Let it go !   

Enjoy our stress free ball weekend.. Heal up & we're on to Atlanta...   Go Browns!     

• Upvote 1

My musings-

1) Brissett is exactly the QB that can lead this offense to nearly it's full potential. JB is currently 10th in QBR (and that includes a below average 42.7 week one). Our beloved Mayfield is currently dead last. Nothing showed that more than the 3rd and 1 deep throw to Cooper. Yeah he may have been pretty open, but that's still a clutch throw (and excellent play call). Simply put, this team can do more than just compete with that level of QB play.

2) How many times can I say what a treat it is to watch Chubb run the football? We love the gash runs, but the dirty work wins games. The way the dude turns -3 yard runs to at least 2-3 yard carries is the best I've ever seen with my two eyeballs.

3) IDL is an absolute nightmare, and losing Walker and potentially JOK is going to be brutal. It's going to lead to even more base looks and bail coverage leading to easy throws. When we start playing the Herberts and Burrows of the world, it could get ugly fast in terms of completion %. That man was NOT getting beat over the top last night though, that's for sure. Sadly, there's no fix for that- just have to hope guys develop.

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

My musings-

1) Brissett is exactly the QB that can lead this offense to nearly it's full potential. JB is currently 10th in QBR (and that includes a below average 42.7 week one). Our beloved Mayfield is currently dead last. Nothing showed that more than the 3rd and 1 deep throw to Cooper. Yeah he may have been pretty open, but that's still a clutch throw (and excellent play call). Simply put, this team can do more than just compete with that level of QB play.

2) How many times can I say what a treat it is to watch Chubb run the football? We love the gash runs, but the dirty work wins games. The way the dude turns -3 yard runs to at least 2-3 yard carries is the best I've ever seen with my two eyeballs.

3) IDL is an absolute nightmare, and losing Walker and potentially JOK is going to be brutal. It's going to lead to even more base looks and bail coverage leading to easy throws. When we start playing the Herberts and Burrows of the world, it could get ugly fast in terms of completion %. That man was NOT getting beat over the top last night though, that's for sure. Sadly, there's no fix for that- just have to hope guys develop.

Some idiot on this forum was laughing when I said Brissett looked better than Mayfield in the first game.  Unlike Mayfield he knows his limitations and isn't a wannabe superstar. Look at the chemistry between him and Cooper in just 3 games, Mayfield couldn't do that in one and a half seasons with OBJ.

Bryan is nearly $4M this season.. can't we spend half that and get 1-2 IDL who shut down the run? Sure, Bryan has some marginal extra PR ability over an IDL "Plodder", but that marginal plus seems substantially eaten up by his glaring weakness at runD.. Given the choice, I'd rather have a guy who can actually stop the run and offer marginal PR because then I can at least not get gashed by teams starting rookie undrafted FA on the OL

CBS says we've reached out to Suh

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Some idiot on this forum was laughing when I said Brissett looked better than Mayfield in the first game.  Unlike Mayfield he knows his limitations and isn't a wannabe superstar. Look at the chemistry between him and Cooper in just 3 games, Mayfield couldn't do that in one and a half seasons with OBJ.

it was nickers  he is a fucking clown and should be banned from this place

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

1.) at my count.. Woods called a blitz 3 times. J. Phillips twice..Taki once.. What they did do well, was held up on 3rd downs. Pitt was 1 of 9 on 3rd down..

2.) Pitt's win at all cost cheap shots.. begins at 10:44 in the 3rd..Starts at A. Walker injury..3 calls against Pitt followed that play.. Facemask no call on Conk comes soon after..

If Shelton Richardson wants to play? Pay the man! We need his inside mouth & motor..

Stef ain't perfect in all phases.. but what he has done? Watch some all 22's.. He's been good at designing Cousin/Baker a  structured offense.. JB ain't playing checkers.. He's playing chest in it.. at reading & seeing the open guys & making catch-able located throws...His drops take him to where he can see windows..not break them.. 38 runs(3 Qb sneaks) 31 of 21 passing/ 2 TD/ no picks**..

Bitonio sure played well for a injured all pro stud..Love the M.Dunn at FB/TE sets :)

But can someone tell our ST coach? Your pro bowl KR/PR stud ain't coming back.. Take the ball at the 25! let it go!

Three blitzes!!!  It is a problem.  I’ll get off the secondary for second they are overwhelmingly a disappointing unit thus far.  We’ve got a top 5 pick, another first rounder, a second rounder, a third rounder and big money free agent and we can’t play zone and communicate or we can’t man up and sit in WRs back pockets.  

But You can’t ask a back seven to hold up if you aren’t getting pressure with your front 4.  The gameplan has to change when guys like Myles Garrett and our JAGs in the middle and whomever is on the side can’t get enough pressure.   I don’t care what your tendencies are Joe Woods.   Send a Backer, safety or corner disguise it up use your gray matter and time in this league and come up with something.  We’ve made some pedestrian statuesque QBs look good the past three year.  Pressure tends to create turnovers too- how many did we have last night?

The hope is this side will come along quickly. We are getting great QB play, and actual #1 WR has emerged- kinda cool to see that a top target can play in Cleveland, we’ve had excellent line play with some backups filling in too and Chubb looks like the best running back in the NFL. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

My musings-

Brisket is simply a crowd pleaser. Anyone who doesn't like this guy has to be nuts.

Regarding the defensive injuries; people have to step up. Certainly being able to run the ball, score and eat up the clock will help the D.

We literally gave.the Steeler D a beat down. 

If we are being honest, if it wasn't for a miracle Steeler catch, this would have been close to a romp

We own the weekend. That much is not up for debate. Fuck the Steelers.and fuck their sore assholes.

They will heal just in time to get ass fucked at home when we travel to toothlessburgh.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Enjoy our stress free ball weekend.. Heal up & we're on to Atlanta...   Go Browns!     

Perfect.

Ok, way to early opinion- astroturf could really be our friend in Atlanta. Can't wait to see our offense on a faster field.

Yeah baby!  Rock on with that orange & white strat #9 !!!!

I got home today in time to catch the last 8 minutes of the game replay.  I saw Brissett get sacked because our LT, ol' Jed, looked like his feet were in a foot of mud.   The DE put a spin move on him and went inside frozen Jed and went straight to the QB, bang!  I recommend that we continue to try and develop another LT.  Draft one somewhere in the draft.  Sign undrafteds.  etc.

It seems our receivers are Cooper & Njoku...and that's pretty much it.    DPJ = 1 catch.  Bell = 1 catch.  Bryant and Schwartz = 0 catches.  Bell, of course, is a rookie...so his production is not unusual.  He's got an excuse.  

Felton didn't get to wear a uniform...because they needed Jolly Rogers to field punts...because Felton seems to always look like he's about to muff it up.

Without Clowney, our pass rush is hampered greatly.  And now we've lost Walker.  JOK is at minimum, dinged.  And Harrison fell over the elf during warmups and couldn't play.  

ALWAYS good to beat the Steelers!

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

12 year old Max Stakolich, been playing the guitar since he was 4.

age 4 huh?

christ, when most of us were age 4? a 8 track slot in Fords was not installed until 1965 :o

somewhere i can now picture a father, installing his sons training wheels to 8 track versions of Whole lotta Rosie 🤘

hope the browns make this a regular fan event..if expected? It will get loud !  

I need an orange strat.... Yes NEED!... It's a Guitarist thing.. I'm always keepin my eyes open for a used cheapie even... Yes the sickness is real!... Very real!... Any of you whose played for any length of time knows LOL! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

age 4 huh?

christ, when most of us were age 4? a 8 track slot in Fords was not installed until 1965 :o

somewhere i can now picture a father, installing his sons training wheels to 8 track versions of Whole lotta Rosie 🤘

hope the browns make this a regular fan event..if expected? It will get loud !  

Here’s a little more about Max. . .

https://fox8.com/news/guitar-prodigy-leaves-browns-fans-thunderstruck/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

Anti Christ Devils Children

images.jpg.f1acde9d49c389f29ec6279923e98f59.jpg   images.jpg.a1abd2aa9ff46fb9a8885ed3dabe6990.jpg Nah... that ain't him ;)

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I need an orange strat.... Yes NEED!... It's a Guitarist thing.. I'm always keepin my eyes open for a used cheapie even... Yes the sickness is real!... Very real!... Any of you whose played for any length of time knows LOL! :)

I work with a few local musicians... and I've heard about the same Guitarist thing you speak of.. Good Luck! you sound good at your trade.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

If he stayed in bounds!!

"Amari Cooper became the first Browns receiver since Josh Gordon in 2013 with back-to-back 100-yard games."

We gave up only a 5th and a swap of 6ths for the best WR we have had in a decade. Other teams gave up 1sts to get their target man. Best value trade of the past off-season, and it is not even close!

• Like 1