THE BROWNS BOARD

hate to say it but mangini's silence = anderson starter

82OZZIE82

not announcing your staring qb makes zero sense. mangini is trying to avoid the fan backlash and uproar of not starting quinn thats going to happen the second da steps on the field.

Sorry man. Not buyin' it. There's no announcement because they're still sorting out hand signals.

Below we see Quinn explaining the "You Forgot To Flush" signal to Mr. Anderson while Derek listens intently.

large_quinn-da%20sidelines-kuntz.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See that's just kind of silly. I am making zero excuses, nor will I ever. There is no more pressure on Quinn before cranking out those numbers than there is afterward.

I do appreciate you taking the time to do the math, but why take the Lumbergh stance?

It is not a lumbergh stance. I think that BQ will and should start this season. What I am doing is saying that people use those numbers to say that DA sucks. Many are saying he turns the ball over too much (He does but not by allot). So If you (not you mz the pussy) are going to say that 20 turnovers in 16 games is just unacceptable, when the average of a good to great QB is about 17 to 18 in 16 games. They when BQ (And again I think it is this year) is the starter he is going to have to be held to the same requirements as DA.

That is all I have really been saying is that I can remember most of what the critics (on this board) said about DA even in 2007. And those same standards need to apply to BQ this year. If the excuse was not acceptable for DA it will not be for BQ. If it is a standard you held DA too, then you must hold BQ to it also. So if averaging basically the same number of turnovers a game as allot of good QBs have over their career is not good enough for DA then it is not good enough for BQ.

I am not being Lumbergh, I know that DA has allot of flaws and I can say that although I prefer DA I really think that BQ should and will start this season. DA did not doing anything to deserve the start. It is time to see what BQ can do. I just want to be sure of what the standards are, and they must at least be the standards that DA was and is held too.

Guest 88fingerslewy

Reason's I want Quinn to succeed.

1/ Not because he played at Notre Dame. (good school, nothing against Catholics)

2/ Not because he's homegrown from Ohio. (no offense intended, I love Ohioans; beautiful state, great people)

3/ Not because he's dreamy (well....he is, nothing against homos)

4/ Not because I hate Derek Anderson (because I don't)

Because he's a first round pick and he's on our roster. I would hate to see another bust. We've had our share and the thought of another one makes me want to puke.

A few people have mentioned his freefall on draft day. Well after the fish passed on him and took Ginn, he pretty much needed a parachute for what lay ahead of him. There wasn't anyone until the end of the 1st round that needed a quarterback. If he wasn't a legit 1st rounder, why would the NFL have invited him to New York.

Whether Savage picked him or the Bone-Lady picked him; he's a 1st rounder on OUR roster and I'm hoping he isn't a bust. That's all, no fag love, no Derek hate. Just please, please don't be another bust.

Kurt Warner: 154 to/109 games = 1.41 to/game

Eli Manning: 84 TO/73 Games = 1.15

Ben Toothless: 84 TO/72 Games = 1.17

Tony Romo : 58to/45 games = 1.29

Brett Favre: 376to/273 Games = 1.38

and Tom Brady is 115/111 = 1.04

So basically every starting QB averages more than 1 turnover per game. Still Brady Quinn now even has more to live up too. He must not have 1 turnover a game either. Man you guys just find more and more ways to put pressure on Brady to perform.

I am just picturing the board discussions now when Brady has a less than perfect performance. Going to be fun to see the crap fly, and remember you have already eliminated almost all excuses. Will be fun.

It'd be real curious to take those guys and figure out their turnover ratio their first 27 starts. My guess is that several have improved their turnover ratio over time and might not be below where DA's at right now.

It'd be real curious to take those guys and figure out their turnover ratio their first 27 starts. My guess is that several have improved their turnover ratio over time and might not be below where DA's at right now.

Yeah, let's give the Dumbslinger 2 or 3 more years to show that he can improve aspects of his game that he hasn't been able to improve over the past decade.

Yeah, let's give the Dumbslinger 2 or 3 more years to show that he can improve aspects of his game that he hasn't been able to improve over the past decade.

Hey, Peyton Manning had 90 turnovers after 48 games and 111 after 64 games. QB's have a tendency to give a lot of balls away early on in their career. The guy you call dumb is doing better at this stage of his career than many prominent and highly regarded QBs.

To be honest, that thought scares me more than any of the other potential scenarios.

I want a franchise QB...whoever it may be. That kind of stability and consistency is important.

If Mangini does the 'musical quarterbacks' I will be disappointed. To me, it would show him to be lacking in making judgement decisions and will call into question every decision he makes and that's not the vibe I get from him or the comments he has made. Mangini is not stupid and I for one thank God for the VAST improvement over RAC.

I think most of us want a franchise QB and many of us see BQ as potentially that guy and DA most certainly is not that guy..i have nothing against musical quarterbacks if mangini takes that route because it likely wouldnt take long for BQ to dominate DA in every aspect and be named the franchise QB...

It would be unfortunate to start DA and not even look at BQ...;)

Quinn should start. He deserves it. He's been patient, motivated, & hard-working since he's been with the team.

Hell, he's been there with us through every drive assassination. Now if that's not enough motivation for a young QB, what could be? That's a lot of failure to have endured sitting back behind RAC & Dumbass. Yet, the guy has stood tough, learned, kept his mouth shut, and worked hard.

Why not let him rip? We have a lot of weapons to spread the ball to. A lot of offensive touchdowns to be scored

In his limited playing time BQ's looked good. He's a smart player & seems to possess the character qualities Mang&co appear to go for in their players. They've been disposing of the losers from the get go.

I can see DA starting though. What if, and not trying to get into tooooo many more crazy theories..

DA starts the game, takes some punishment, we work out some things on field, then poof DA is out of town shortly after week #1?? ... That's never happened has it?

Well, if the official send off doesn't play out for DA, he could be a tolerable backup.

If the vikings aren't psyched out, he sure as hell got me!! MANGENIUS!!!

GO BROWNS!!! Thanks Bros!

Mike

Hey, Peyton Manning had 90 turnovers after 48 games and 111 after 64 games. QB's have a tendency to give a lot of balls away early on in their career. The guy you call dumb is doing better at this stage of his career than many prominent and highly regarded QBs.

Curious how you left out that QBs who become long term starters show PROGRESSION each year, instead of being pretty much the same guy 5 years after they enter the league.

But clearly, this isn't a predictor of how great Anderson will be, if we'll only give him another 10 years.

Archived