THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett involved in single car crash

TypicalBrowns50

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-de-myles-garrett-transported-to-local-hospital-after-suffering-non-life-t

glad it wasn't worse.. but could be out for at least a month...  

Great news and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

"Nothing is broken" agent Nicole Lynn tells clevelanddotcom of #Browns Myles Garrett after he flipped his Porsche several times today. Still undergoing tests to determine the extent of his injuries

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/09/myles-garrett-flipped-his-car-on-way-home-from-practice-suffered-non-life-threatening-injuries.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obviously distracted driving was the cause, and that distraction could've been anything from a phone, to an argument to a blowie. Whatever the cause that made him drop the passenger wheels off the road and then overcorrect, I'm glad they are both OK. It easily could've been a double fatal. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Rolled his Porsche in Medina County, he and a female passenger were involved.

Drugs and alcohol are not considered a cause in the accident.

Happened about 5 miles from my house.

One more thing, young guy, tons of cash, can buy any high end car he wants and not really experienced  in driving those cars can be a recipe for a disaster.

You have to be 110%  ready to drive especially on tricky roads  -and-  add in distractions like cell phones, whatever and it could be worse.  I hope at least they were wearing seat belts !

Result you might be  "OK " but you might have just screwed your team and teammates.     Just sayin'.

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Obviously distracted driving was the cause, and that distraction could've been anything from a phone, to an argument to a blowie. Whatever the cause that made him drop the passenger wheels off the road and then overcorrect, I'm glad they are both OK. It easily could've been a double fatal. 

The World According to Garp...

20 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Coefficient of friction doesn't care how much money you make

Hospital confirms no broken bones, should be released tonight

I have a performance car and it came with "summer only" tires which are basically soft sticky tires. Although my car is far from a Porsche 911, I'm willing to bet the car came with the same kind of tires. Summer only tires and COLD rainy weather is a recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

One more thing, young guy, tons of cash, can buy any high end car he wants and not really experienced  in driving those cars can be a recipe for a disaster.

You have to be 110%  ready to drive especially on tricky roads  -and-  add in distractions like cell phones, whatever and it could be worse.  I hope at least they were wearing seat belts !

Result you might be  "OK " but you might have just screwed your team and teammates.     Just sayin'.

They were wearing seat belts...  And I agree with you about being young and not having the driving skills to handle all that acceleration. Quick FYI...  The top end speed of a Porsche 911 is in the vicinity of 180 mph.  You can probably do 90+ in third gear.   

With a sticker price of $100,000 and up, no sweat for a young multimillionaire. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Um yeah, this could have been a Tiger Woods scenario...  

b9283462-7180-4c82-ab5e-c644e1b632c0_750x422.jpg

Porsche 911 with over 600+ horsepower on soft performance tires designed for warm weather. The tires get hard when it gets cold and lose their ability to grip. We should be happy they are still alive and were wearing their seat belts

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

They were wearing seat belts...  And I agree with you about being young and not having the driving skills to handle all that acceleration. Quick FYI...  The top end speed of a Porsche 911 is in the vicinity of 180 mph.  You can probably do 90+ in third gear.   

With a sticker price of $100,000 and up, no sweat for a young multimillionaire. 

When you buy a Corvette, they actually used to give you training before letting you drive it. Don't know if they do that anymore, but any car that has north of 400 horsepower should require training. They told me when I bought my car that if I turn off the traction control that I could end up facing a different direction if I hit the gas. I have driven the car long enough to be comfortable with turning it off. But I leave it on most of the time.

• Upvote 1

bedtime after hearing Adam Schefler's report at halftime of boys at giants from Myles agent..

just released..

#BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png star Myles Garrett was discharged from the hospital Monday night, per source. More tests coming. The good news is Garrett’s injuries aren’t life-threatening. He swerved to avoid an animal on a wet road and over corrected. Car flipped multiple times. Could’ve been worse.

No update on passenger 🙏 (compare both sides of vehicle 🤕)

#95.. Big Man in tight spaces..

download.jpg.415634a704bc9ff73a116846fecd9b48.jpg   🙏

7 hours ago, Neo said:

I have a performance car and it came with "summer only" tires

In MG's defense, 911's at least until very recently had tire sizes for which all-seasons didn't exist -- old 911 forum posts say that.  And a few searches of tirerack for random 911's didn't find any available there even today.

I swear by my crossclimate2's.. 310 torques aren't anyone's idea of performance but the tires put it down well in rain and sun.

So.. pick your performance car based on the tires available for it? Another point in favor of my goal car - AMG E63S..

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well that sucks, he never seemed like the kind of player that had an asshole streak in him.

Maybe he's channeling Kellen Winslow Jr?

WSS

Asshole? You drive a 911 on a slippery road like that without crashing. Should he have known better? Preferably so, but ignorance is not a crime.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah no doubt he was driving the speed limit with his hands at the 10 and two position. Come on man.

WSS

I wonder if the female passenger had her hands at 12 and 6 on a part of Garrett’s anatomy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah no doubt he was driving the speed limit with his hands at the 10 and two position. Come on man.

WSS

Even if he was Steve, let's posit he was tooling along doing 60 down that country road. I have it ingrained in my mind that 60mph = 88 feet per second.  If it's true that he was trying to avoid a critter (say a deer or coyote) 150 feet down the road, his reaction time was minimal. And for sure you don't want to hit either. 

FWIW, not so Wiley Coyote took out the front end of my Honda on a dark and stormy night last year, and I was only doing about 35. 

EDIT: Looking at the crash picture, you come over that little hill.. And said critter is standing right in the middle of the road. Not good.  Of course he had to be moving along fairly fast to roll the car a couple of times.