THE BROWNS BOARD

Hope Our Fans in Florida Stay Safe During the Hurricane

Flugel

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Glad you're OK Z...  But before the storm hit, I opined anyone who stayed on Sanibel Island was nuts.  Well, seems like Florida law says you can't be forced to evacuate, and a bunch of folks decided to stay. I swear, it's like the old joke of the guy who drowned waiting for God to provide when rescue operations were sending him boats and a helicopter. Except this time it wasn't a joke, it was real life... Those folks were warned multiple times to get the hell off of the Island, and ignored the warnings. Some are going to live to tell about their ordeal, but it's hard to feel sorry for them being that stupid. 

It's even being questioned if it's wise to rebuild on a barrier island.  Forget about storm insurance if you do...  Yeah, I noticed.. Fort Myers Beach looks like a Ukrainian war zone.  :( 

The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person  the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming. 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The big difference one was because of a nasty, greedy person  the other an act of nature.....worsened by global warming. 

I'll wax political for 1\2 a second here.  Say whut? Global warming is a hoax...  :D  Sorry for you folks in Florida.... As the oceans warm (90 degrees in the Gulf) , that's just giving more "juice" to hurricanes like Ian.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll wax political for 1\2 a second here.  Say whut? Global warming is a hoax...  :D  Sorry for you folks in Florida.... As the oceans warm (90 degrees in the Gulf) , that's just giving more "juice" to hurricanes like Ian.   

Oh yes....those once in a lifetime or 100 year events now popping up a whole lot more.

I have relatives in Florida who have been there 40+ years now wondering all about that.  Many friends who have sold out up north and went south in the last 30 years too wondering the same thing.   Got pictures from one today from the Ft Myers area on their pool cover...I'll put it up.  Never worried about it 10 years ago.   Now, hmmm, they admit how lucky they were that was all it was....this time.  (I think it's in my wife's FB stuff, I'll get it later.)

I'm safe! Although I'm in Tallahassee so we weren't in any real danger. 

Definitely ready for some football! 

Finally got some Good news this morning on our in-laws getting out of their golf course condo in Kissimmee,Fla..🙏

Families been a nervous wreak all week///Whew! god is g👀d ! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Finally got some Good news this morning on our in-laws getting out of their golf course condo in Kissimmee,Fla..🙏

Families been a nervous wreak all week///Whew! god is g👀d ! 

Good to hear that Gumbs! 

• Thanks 1