THE BROWNS BOARD

official game day thread BROWNS vs chargers

syd

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Their defense was shaky.  They have a franchise QB with a fly trap for hands WR against a Rookie DB.  Win the game with your QB and don’t put the D back on the field.  I get it. 

Yep, it was pure genius 

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The last offensive play with :20 seconds left screamed TE screen or TE/RB shovel pass to use the middle of the field for 7-12 free yards, and still have plenty of time to spike it for a more realistic 43yd attempt....

But what do I know? 

Spike on 4th down and you lose?

That's why i didn't like taking the shot on 2nd down. 3rd down with that time its either a sideline throw or you have to pick up the first down cause if you get stopped in bounds short of the marker you have a rough time getting your kicker on the field

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Watching this new breed of head coaches say 'hit me' while holding 18, and the whole while thinking they are the smartest person at the table is beyond frustrating.

Yea, the Bolts won, but they did so in spite of their head coach and not because of him.

Good game to watch today, which I didn't think would be the result before kick off. 

man i was totally up for this game and really expected to win but damn that kicker

35 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Spike on 4th down and you lose?

That's why i didn't like taking the shot on 2nd down. 3rd down with that time its either a sideline throw or you have to pick up the first down cause if you get stopped in bounds short of the marker you have a rough time getting your kicker on the field

Agree on all, however the middle is always open in that instance and I would've taken advantage of it.... they risked that result as soon as they chose to run a play on 3rd. Fumbled snap, sack, ect... same result. 

Maybe not a shovel pass, but I certainly would've targeted the soft middle. The 2nd down bomb put them in that situation and certainly needs to be ridiculed.

Staley did everything he could to hand us the win and we couldn't take advantage.     

4 minutes ago, syd said:

man i was totally up for this game and really expected to win but damn that kicker

Truth, but JB put us in that position. 2 weeks in a row now. They talk about him being a cautious qb, yet he forces passes in the last 2 minutes that cost us games. He could of ran that ball. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Anyone just hear Nate Burleson? 

I did. So? You can say hit me while holding 20 and pull an Ace, but it doesn't make it the right call and doesn't make you a genius. Cowhers face said it all while Nate was defending. 

EDIT: .... and as a guy who has seen every Chargers game under Staley, I call bullshit on Nate's 7-0 'facts'... I watched him hand the Chiefs a win with one of his patented, genius, anal lick tic decisions.  

1 minute ago, blitzz2 said:

Truth, but JB put us in that position. 2 weeks in a row now. They talk about him being a cautious qb, yet he forces passes in the last 2 minutes that cost us games. He could of ran that ball. 

i was yelling at the t.v to just run SMH  but last week are D put him in that situation  and so did the coach,today he just shit the bed on that play

8 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Their defense was shaky.  They have a franchise QB with a fly trap for hands WR against a Rookie DB.  Win the game with your QB and don’t put the D back on the field.  I get it. 

Our defense was even shakier.  How many more consecutive weeks do we want to hear that our opponent is having their best day of the year running the ball? If you can't stop your opponents from running the ball at will on you - you have no chance at making the playoffs.  San Diego didn't even have their best WR or their starting LT out there today.  Then again, they didn't even need those 2 guys against this defense.  

ShitMyPantski must be fired. Paris Hilton would have ore command of this team.

Did you hear the liveic on ShitMyPantski after the Chargers failed on 4th down?

He was hear saying, "Uh uh, I ain't falling for that old trick". The Chargers are trying to tricke into winning. Fuck that, I am sticking to my plan for preventing wins".

4 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

ShitMyPantski must be fired. Paris Hilton would have ore command of this team.

Did you hear the liveic on ShitMyPantski after the Chargers failed on 4th down?

He was hear saying, "Uh uh, I ain't falling for that old trick". The Chargers are trying to tricke into winning. Fuck that, I am sticking to my plan for preventing wins".

he must have friends in houston

Glad I went and mowed. Didn’t have to watch them lose it at the end again

This team isn’t as talented as some people think. And they get out-coached at almost every turn 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Glad I went and mowed. Didn’t have to watch them lose it at the end again

This team isn’t as talented as some people think. And they get out-coached at almost every turn 

seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

17 minutes ago, syd said:

seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

I was you, but probably worse, up until the move. Every snap of every game. Losses not only ruined my Sunday, but lingered until Wednesday. Wins made me feel like the universe was perfect.... then came '95. They moved and my daughter was born.

Now, I watch a game when and if I don't have an MTB ride planned, and if they win it's like "nice", and when they lose it's like, "oh well".

I always hated how they controlled me and my outlook on life before '95 but could not help it. 95 was the best thing that ever happened to me personally, as it turned off my obsession with a sports team and focused it on my daughter.

Flame suit on and ready for the 'I'm not a real fan' jabs. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We’re still a mediocre team. Can’t coach all three facets of the team to perform consistently. If someone had said we would score 20+ points/ game with Brissett most people would have had us 5-0 at this point but special teams and defense has performed terribly so far. 

Ekeler had 173 yards rushing on just 16 carries for an average of 10.8 yards a carry w/1 TD rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Easily his best game of the season. 

Here's his other outings:

Sun 10/2/22 13 carries for 60 yards and 2 TD

Sun 9/25/22 4 carries for 5 yards 0 TD

Th 9/16/22 14 carries for 39 yards 0 TD

Sun 9/11/22 14 carries for 36 yards 0 TD

Now let me hear again how the only problem today was a backup QB throwing 1 INT on a day the Browns scored 28 points...  Granted, the timing of that sucked but if this defense helped us at all today - that was a game the Browns could have won.  How many turnovers did they cause?  

So, we had a career backup QB throw an INT late as well as a rookie place kicker that missed 2 FGs that will get most of the blame.  Having said that, has scoring points been the biggest problem?  Or, has points being scored against the Browns been the biggest problem? 

• Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I was you, but probably worse, up until the move. Every snap of every game. Losses not only ruined my Sunday, but lingered until Wednesday. Wins made me feel like the universe was perfect.... then came '95. They moved and my daughter was born.

Now, I watch a game when and if I don't have an MTB ride planned, and if they win it's like "nice", and when they lose it's like, "oh well".

I always hated how they controlled me and my outlook on life before '95 but could not help it. 95 was the best thing that ever happened to me personally, as it turned off my obsession with a sports team and focused it on my daughter.

Flame suit on and ready for the 'I'm not a real fan' jabs. 🤣

i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Im already over the browns early this year. Ill root for them still but im not gonna get upset when theyre sucking bilge water in the basement of the division. Because...that's where they're headed quickly. 

I have them 6-11 in Dutch's 2022 Browns Questions thread and right now they are actually 1 game ahead of where I thought they would be, so I guess I'm am super stoked

Just now, syd said:

i mean i have gotten better i no longer flip over stuff  and stay pissed for most of the week Now i just come here and get time outs

I feel ya.