THE BROWNS BOARD

official game day thread BROWNS vs chargers

syd

22 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Garrett doesn’t like the home crowd booing as well.

A nice drive in the country will clear his head.

Too soon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The crowd doesn’t like him being used as wet shit ass wipe toilet paper by a third string LT.

I hear by name him Mild Garrett.

He needs to shut his fucking mouth and start making plays. #1 my asshole.

On the first series by the Chargers, their list of passing plays goes...

101 - quarters     2 & hitch - Dragon (RB negative depth going flat)

102-  cover 3      3 step - 13Fake setting up TE screen

103 - Man          3 step -  Empty Mesh  Myles gets around corner, Herbert climbs vertical to escape.  Damn near a shoe string tackle/sack.

104 - quarters      25 stretch at Myles, waggle AWAY away, X drag

105 - Cover 3       5 step - Fake z bubble to HB delay. Mirrored hitch seams.    It's on this play that highlights the weakness of how we call/play Cover 3 and why the NFL is going more 2 high.

106 - Cover 3       2 & hitch - Z choice.     Taki really starting to be expose the more teams throw on early downs.

107 - Man 1         2 step -    slant/flat    (Good inside shade by Newsome here)

The 2nd and 3rd series are similarly called by the Bolts.  It wasn't until later they felt comfortable going downfield after they had established a rock solid running game against our high school J.V. IDL.  

This is indicative of 2 things. 

- The Chargers being stubborn as a pass first team then realizing that the Browns interior is THAT damn bad.

- Respecting the Browns edge rush (Myles) against their questionable tackles by setting up designs that get the ball out of Herberts hands VERY quickly, and allowing him to be a plus athlete to bail himself out.   Only once in 7 passing plays did they dial up a concept that would have gotten them 10 yards without anything after the catch.  And the only time they went empty sets, Garrett almost got the sack and forced one of the very best young QB's in the NFL to run for his life and create on his own.    So you're trying to avoid pressure by blocking it, and if you can't block it (Chargers couldn't) throwing out of it.  

Myles' abilities were a big reason the Bolts went with a short passing game that played into the Browns defensive capabilities.  Once they figured out that even the shittiest rushing offense in the NFL can get it done on the ground, they were able to take more calculated shots off play action and edge pressure that can't just fly upfield out of running lanes.

When you're talking football, it's important to actually be correct.   

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Garrett doesn’t like the home crowd booing as well.

Well, I guess he can get into golf then.  I don't think they allow much of that from the audience.  

When the team does well, you'll get cheers.  But when a team does bad...for 20 years or so...the people in the stands who spend a ton of money to be there...and didn't get to mow their lawns...are gonna boo ya.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

On the first series by the Chargers, their list of passing plays goes...

101 - quarters     2 & hitch - Dragon (RB negative depth going flat)

102-  cover 3      3 step - 13Fake setting up TE screen

103 - Man          3 step -  Empty Mesh  Myles gets around corner, Herbert climbs vertical to escape.  Damn near a shoe string tackle/sack.

104 - quarters      25 stretch at Myles, waggle AWAY away, X drag

105 - Cover 3       5 step - Fake z bubble to HB delay. Mirrored hitch seams.    It's on this play that highlights the weakness of how we call/play Cover 3 and why the NFL is going more 2 high.

106 - Cover 3       2 & hitch - Z choice.     Taki really starting to be expose the more teams throw on early downs.

107 - Man 1         2 step -    slant/flat    (Good inside shade by Newsome here)

The 2nd and 3rd series are similarly called by the Bolts.  It wasn't until later they felt comfortable going downfield after they had established a rock solid running game against our high school J.V. IDL.  

This is indicative of 2 things. 

- The Chargers being stubborn as a pass first team then realizing that the Browns interior is THAT damn bad.

- Respecting the Browns edge rush (Myles) against their questionable tackles by setting up designs that get the ball out of Herberts hands VERY quickly, and allowing him to be a plus athlete to bail himself out.   Only once in 7 passing plays did they dial up a concept that would have gotten them 10 yards without anything after the catch.  And the only time they went empty sets, Garrett almost got the sack and forced one of the very best young QB's in the NFL to run for his life and create on his own.    So you're trying to avoid pressure by blocking it, and if you can't block it (Chargers couldn't) throwing out of it.  

Myles' abilities were a big reason the Bolts went with a short passing game that played into the Browns defensive capabilities.  Once they figured out that even the shittiest rushing offense in the NFL can get it done on the ground, they were able to take more calculated shots off play action and edge pressure that can't just fly upfield out of running lanes.

When you're talking football, it's important to actually be correct.   

I agree, so I will forgive your inability to understand football.

At some point, Mild Garrett would have realized he was being used, and he would have adjusted his tack to help stop the run.

Instead, knowing he was not going to get to the QB he just kept edge rushing and doing absolutely fucking nothing.

I promise you Watt or Bosa would not have been taken out of the game like that.

Mild Garrett's job is not to just rush the qb. On run plays the guy was not only useless, but he literally got manhandled  by a scrub.

You explained PERFECTLY both that the bolts had a plan to protect the QB from the edge, and also that Mild Garrett is a one dimensional player with no ability to adapt.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I agree, so I will forgive your inability to understand football.

At some point, Mild Garrett would have realized he was being used, and he would have adjusted his tack to help stop the run.

Instead, knowing he was not going to get to the QB he just kept edge rushing and doing absolutely fucking nothing.

I promise you Watt or Bosa would not have been taken out of the game like that.

Mild Garrett's job is not to just rush the qb. On run plays the guy was not only useless, but he literally got manhandled  by a scrub.

You explained PERFECTLY both that the bolts had a plan to protect the QB from the edge, and also that Mild Garrett is a one dimensional player with no ability to adapt.

Neat.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Neat.

The other sickening fact of reply to this apologist, powder Mild Garrett's stupid ass one car crash pea brain is this.....

If in fact the Charger's offensive plan is why Mild Garrett was taken 100% out of the game, then every other fucking NFL team can do the same motherfucking thing and render Mild ineffective for the rest of his career.

Mild Garrett is a cocksucker. He is indeed borderline effeminate AND his brain is smaller than that of a squirrel.

First, the asshole begs Jerry Jones not to let him go to Cleveland. (I will NEVER forgive that. Compar this piece.of shit to Kosar who would rather not play than not be a Brown)

Then the fucktard admits he doesn't always play hard on ever down.

Next he criminally assaults a player with a helmet.

Now, he recklessly speeds risking someone else's life, and fucks himself up.

Honestly, I hope he dies in his sleep. This guy is the most overrated, underachieving piece of shit ever drafted #1.

At 67, I would readily fight this cocksucker in 3, 2 minute rounds, bare knuckles, and PROMISE YOU, I would fuck him up and leave him without his vision.

Fuck Mild Garrett. The guy is a mentalities and he is garbage.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The other sickening fact of reply to this apologist, powder Mild Garrett's stupid ass one car crash pea brain is this.....

If in fact the Charger's offensive plan is why Mild Garrett was taken 100% out of the game, then every other fucking NFL team can do the same motherfucking thing and render Mild ineffective for the rest of his career.

Mild Garrett is a cocksucker. He is indeed borderline effeminate AND his brain is smaller than that of a squirrel.

First, the asshole begs Jerry Jones not to let him go to Cleveland. (I will NEVER forgive that. Compar this piece.of shit to Kosar who would rather not play than not be a Brown)

Then the fucktard admits he doesn't always play hard on ever down.

Next he criminally assaults a player with a helmet.

Now, he recklessly speeds risking someone else's life, and fucks himself up.

Honestly, I hope he dies in his sleep. This guy is the most overrated, underachieving piece of shit ever drafted #1.

At 67, I would readily fight this cocksucker in 3, 2 minute rounds, bare knuckles, and PROMISE YOU, I would fuck him up and leave him without his vision.

Fuck Mild Garrett. The guy is a mentalities and he is garbage.

Well, it took about 2 weeks before you reverted to the Old Ghoolie.  Fight Garrett?  :D :D :D It would probably take Myles around 30 seconds to grab you by one of your arms and either break it, or pull it out of it's socket.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, it took about 2 weeks before you reverted to the Old Ghoolie.  Fight Garrett?  :D :D :D It would probably take Myles around 30 seconds to grab you by one of your arms and either break it, or pull it out of it's socket.   

He can't sack a QB let alone fight. The guy is a pussy. I would bust his fucking skull.

As we see from the majority of cooler head responses, Garrett is not endeared to many. Say whatever you want about his edge rushing capability, the guy is not a disrupter. We are probably a better defense without him. The guy doesn't give a fuck about winning. He is all about his sack totals. He is as much of a dickhead as Baker Mayfield is.

Does anyone know how many times he has been responsible for a late 4qtr sack that ended a come from behind drive?

Mild Garrett.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not at all Larry. I am a Browns fan. I am tired of these candy asses shitting all over this team, this history. The guy is a #1 and he got completely manhandled and outsmarted by a third string nobody LT? And you want to defend this guy?

You know, I heard Kosar say a couple years ago that he wished he was still the Browns QB, and on a tongue in cheek question, when asked if he would go back in, he said yes. Now, the guy's body is a wreck and he would get killed. However, I have no doubt that he wouldn't blink an eye about suiting up. Dude, I got whacked by the acorn, I would gladly take a few shots from this asshole Mild Garret to let him know what a piece of garbage he is. THAT is the point Larry. Rage. 

This team is despicable. Garrett should be ashamed of himself.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 12:43 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

You know, I heard Kosar say a couple years ago that he wished he was still the Browns QB, and on a tongue in cheek question, when asked if he would go back in, he said yes. Now, the guy's body is a wreck and he would get killed. However, I have no doubt that he wouldn't blink an eye about suiting up.

I admire these guys who LOVE the game.