THE BROWNS BOARD

official game day thread BROWNS vs chargers

syd

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Ekeler had 173 yards rushing on just 16 carries for an average of 10.8 yards a carry w/1 TD rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Easily his best game of the season. 

Here's his other outings:

Sun 10/2/22 13 carries for 60 yards and 2 TD

Sun 9/25/22 4 carries for 5 yards 0 TD

Th 9/16/22 14 carries for 39 yards 0 TD

Sun 9/11/22 14 carries for 36 yards 0 TD

Now let me hear again how the only problem today was a backup QB throwing 1 INT on a day the Browns scored 28 points...  Granted, the timing of that sucked but if this defense helped us at all today - that was a game the Browns could have won.  How many turnovers did they cause?  

So, we had a career backup QB throw an INT late as well as a rookie place kicker that missed 2 FGs that will get most of the blame.  Having said that, has scoring points been the biggest problem?  Or, has points being scored against the Browns been the biggest problem? 

ShitMyPantski is Putney Swope.

• Upvote 1

THE YEAR OF EPIC LOSSES 🙄

Rookie Martin Emerson jr played his as$ off.. We got beat by Eckler & Large WR's with good wingspan size... but we got them off the field with another chance by Emerson   

51 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The last offensive play with :20 seconds left screamed TE screen or TE/RB shovel pass to use the middle of the field for 7-12 free yards, and still have plenty of time to spike it for a more realistic 43yd attempt....

But what do I know? 

Something between here^^ 

50 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Spike on 4th down and you lose?

That's why i didn't like taking the shot on 2nd down. 3rd down with that time its either a sideline throw or you have to pick up the first down cause if you get stopped in bounds short of the marker you have a rough time getting your kicker on the field

And There ^^

Needed to happen... Jacoby Brissett's worse throwing percentage comes when he targets outside the hash-marks to the sideline out patterns.. We've seen this all year..  hated the play/pattern choice here..

38 minutes ago, syd said:

hey can someone else please start these gameday threads because when i do we lose

I tried.. 10 mins before yours appeared.. no biggie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

seriously ? i can pretty much count on my fingers and toes how many plays i have missed since are return guess im just a gluten for punishment 

Been rooting for this team since the  mid 70’s 

I had season tickets from 1999 to 2018

I would guess I have paid out somewhere near $50,000 in that time for everything from tickets, to parking, to RTA, to food, and $10 beers, and jerseys, and hats……. I’m done ruining my life by what a football team, owned by an IDIOT, ( The main reason I stopped buying tickets) does on Sunday

They just have beaten the fandom out of me over that time. Mostly since jimma has owned them

I will ALWAYS root for them, but I’m done caring anymore

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

Been rooting for this team since the  mid 70’s 

I had season tickets from 1999 to 2018

I would guess I have paid out somewhere near $50,000 in that time for everything from tickets, to parking, to RTA, to food, and $10 beers, and jerseys, and hats……. I’m done ruining my life by what a football team, owned by an IDIOT, ( The main reason I stopped buying tickets) does on Sunday

They just have beaten the fandom out of me over that time. Mostly since jimma has owned them

I will ALWAYS root for them, but I’m done caring anymore

i getcha and understand but im still gonna tune in every sunday oh your ave looks like my old dog 

When Clowney was in, it was harder for them to run.  He's quick.  He sidesteps the OLineman and he's standing right in front of the runner.  Take Colowney out, and the OLineman blocks his replacement.  

Our backup QB did a pretty nice job.  Of course, he wears the goat horns for that really dumb interception.  I mean, if you watched Cooper, his intended receiver, when he threw the ball...Cooper had to stop.  Cooper's defender was gonna get or knock down that pass if the guy in front just plain tripped on his shoes and fell down.   That was a 'run it' or 'throw it away' play all day long.  Not a good decision at all.  It's something Baker would've done.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

When Clowney was in, it was harder for them to run.  He's quick.  He sidesteps the OLineman and he's standing right in front of the runner.  Take Colowney out, and the OLineman blocks his replacement.  

Our backup QB did a pretty nice job.  Of course, he wears the goat horns for that really dumb interception.  I mean, if you watched Cooper, his intended receiver, when he threw the ball...Cooper had to stop.  Cooper's defender was gonna get or knock down that pass if the guy in front just plain tripped on his shoes and fell down.   That was a 'run it' or 'throw it away' play all day long.  Not a good decision at all.  It's something Baker would've done.

Agree on Clowney.  And We have talent on that side of the ball.   

Regarding Brissett We are 0-5 with Baker.  Baker known to beat himself would do so in Week 1 and Week 3 Steelers owned him his last year in Cleveland. 

Stefanski said in his post game interview.......

"We live or die by the analytics"

Essentially, ShitMyPantski is saying that his gut, his instincts, his experience means nothing and are not used at all in the Browns playing.

Of what fucking use is this guy? If analytics dictates what the team does, why the fuck even have a Head Coach? I mean if he is running the team off of a pre-planned sheet, and the team.is missing tackles, making penalties, and basically playing like a picnic team, what the fuck does this cocksucker actually.do with his time?

By the way, the analytics are 2-3.

27 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Orion said:

...but analytics didn't tell us to run a slow developing run play on 4th and 2 feet.

At the end of the game, when the Chargers coach tried to lose the game by using his book of analytics, we should've thrown in the middle of the field on 2nd down.  We could then spike the ball for the go ahead FG.  Instead we had 3rd down with 20 seconds left.  At that point I was thinking, "We're gonna have a hard time getting our FG unit on the field with any time on the clock if we don't get OB."

The Chargers coach did not deserve walking off that field with a win.  He made a dumb call that should've cost him the game.

Staley knows the Browns always find a way to BLOW IT! That's the real "analytics".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

But he found himself up against the ultimate dick-trippers....us. And he couldn't lose, regardless of how hard he tried. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Essentially, ShitMyPantski is saying that his gut, his instincts, his experience means nothing and are not used at all in the Browns playing.

Of what fucking use is this guy? If analytics dictates what the team does, why the fuck even have a Head Coach? I mean if he is running the team off of a pre-planned sheet, and the team.is missing tackles, making penalties, and basically playing like a picnic team, what the fuck does this cocksucker actually.do with his time?

And when he ignores his analytics he screws up. Brissett bats almost 1,000 on short quarterback sneaks, so let's let Chubb get stuffed for a loss instead. 

BTW, I've noticed too the Browns are great at missing tackles that are resulting in long gains. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

True, but the analytics don't tell JB to throw the INT instead of runnin

g for an apparent first down. Analytics are their to suggest, and have some merit. The other side of the coin is execution, and that's been the hardest part for this team and season, especially on D.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

And when he ignores his analytics he screws up. Brissett bats almost 1,000 on short quarterback sneaks, so let's let Chubb get stuffed for a loss instead. 

BTW, I've noticed too the Browns are great at missing tackles that are resulting in long gains. 

Execution. Analytics can't fix that. Coaches try and the players have to make the effort to improve. Tackling is a talent that can be learned and improved. If guys are constantly missing those tackles, move on. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I think you are wrong in saying that ShitMyPantski ignores analytics. You and me assume, logically, I might add that a sneak is what the analytics call for when in fact the analytics in the coaches hand and ear phone are that an slternate, tricky play is what will work.

Buddy, I don't think ShitMyPantski is that dumb. How can he be? I think these bizarre calls are of Depodesta origin and not of a football man. I think ShitMyPantski and Van Poof have their hands tied. Only a college egghead statistics guy can be that off the mark.

3 minutes ago, BrownsKidd said:

Execution. Analytics can't fix that. Coaches try and the players have to make the effort to improve. Tackling is a talent that can be learned and improved. If guys are constantly missing those tackles, move on. 

I have beaten this dead horse many times. Discipline and execution are things nailed down in the preseason. To hear ShitMyPantski week after week saying "we have to fix this" is exactly the same shit Hue Jackson said every week.

These millionaires have been passing, catching, tackling, kicking and blocking most of their lives. They don't need to be taught these skills. This shit is all, 100% lack of discipline and lack of respect. The Browns players just don't give a shit.

18 hours ago, Orion said:

I think you are confused. You are confusing common sense with analytics. You are assuming that because a QB sneak or Chubb bashing the line seems a logical certainty that this is what analytics also calls for. However, I think this is an incorrect assumption. Somewhere in Depodesta's formulae, there are algorithms that say "the defense is expecting Brissett, so running wide represents the best probability of success. 

I hate ShitMyPanski for his lack of discipline, but these bizarre calls? That isn't the coach, that is Depo and his analytics.

Remember in the Moneyball movie? Every normal thinking person found Depodesta's analytics to be bizarre? Dude, this is Depo. This is analytics. Same bullshit over and over.

42 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

but these bizarre calls? That isn't the coach, that is Depo and his analytics.

...and this is a fair theory that the back of my mind has been entertaining.  How much, if any, is the gameday analytical 4th down calls mandated from the top?  

Stef usually maintains the standard answers that maintain the company line and don't really tell you anything.  But by saying, "We live and die with analytics", is that his way of saying, "Hey, that's how they want it done.  I just work here."?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

How about that Kicker??

One of these days one of the Chargers kickers will be available.  

Or maybe when the Lake Erie winds start to blow it'll blow his kicks right back through the uprights.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

One of these days one of the Chargers kickers will be available.  

Or maybe when the Lake Erie winds start to blow it'll blow his kicks right back through the uprights.

Talk about from feast to famine after week 1.  Jesus.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Orion said:

...and this is a fair theory that the back of my mind has been entertaining.  How much, if any, is the gameday analytical 4th down calls mandated from the top?  

Stef usually maintains the standard answers that maintain the company line and don't really tell you anything.  But by saying, "We live and die with analytics", is that his way of saying, "Hey, that's how they want it done.  I just work here."?

I believe this is exactly the case. This Depo cocksucker has Haslam and it seems much of the professional sports industry hoodwinked. The fucker is like the wizard of oz hiding behind a curtain. I believe Stefanski is doing exactly what you postulated. Keep his job, play the system and live to fight another day.

If I was an NFL team owner, I would look for the next Cowher. A guy strong on passion and guts, and one with disrespect for for the digital management of a football team.

The lack of discipline and execution however is on him.

Final consideration. Perhaps the players see and realize that ShitMyPantski is nothing more than Depo's coffee fetcher and figure, "fuck him, he's nobody"?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/keenan-allen-and-myles-garrett-both-disapproved-of-brandon-staleys-late-4th-down-gamble-wtf-are-we-doing-232839424.html

Keenan Allen openly criticized Staley's stupid coaching decision and did so in real time, and apparently now our defense feels "disrespected"??

^ Poor little fellas. I hope they feel better soon

On 10/10/2022 at 4:33 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Final consideration. Perhaps the players see and realize that ShitMyPantski is nothing more than Depo's coffee fetcher and figure, "fuck him, he's nobody"?

Ya know, John Johnson got his 15 yard penalty for yelling something at an official while the official was talking to Stefanski.  Stef yelled out, "John!"...as the official was grabbing his flag out.

29 minutes ago, D Bone said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/keenan-allen-and-myles-garrett-both-disapproved-of-brandon-staleys-late-4th-down-gamble-wtf-are-we-doing-232839424.html

Keenan Allen openly criticized Staley's stupid coaching decision and did so in real time, and apparently now our defense feels "disrespected"??

^ Poor little fellas. I hope they feel better soon

Garrett doesn’t like the home crowd booing as well.