THE BROWNS BOARD

♥︎ 2022 season is over. Guardians 92-70 and AL Central Champions. Won 5 playoff games. We thank you.

mjp28

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Looking ahead, this is an incredibly young team who has just about everyone coming back in 2023. 

I'd like to see first base filled with an actual firstbaseman, an upgrade at catcher and possibly a veteran starter added to Bieber, McKenzie and Quantrill. 

Long-time White Sox firstbaseman Jose Abreu is a free agent. He might be the perfect short-term hitter this team could use in the cleanup position. I'd like to see him batting behind JRam. 

They also need a CF that can hit. Your everyday CF can’t go through an entire season with 0 homers

11 hours ago, Browns149 said:

They also need a CF that can hit. Your everyday CF can’t go through an entire season with 0 homers

Straw is a fantastic fielder, but I can't see the Guardians living with such a deficit in the lineup for another year if he doesn't improve to somethng resembling an average hitter. 

George Valera is the G's #2 overall prospect, and isn't long for the starting outfield at Progressive Field. Kwan and Gonzalez seem to have two spots fairly well nailed down. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Straw is a fantastic fielder, but I can't see the Guardians living with such a deficit in the lineup for another year if he doesn't improve to somethng resembling an average hitter. 

George Valera is the G's #2 overall prospect, and isn't long for the starting outfield at Progressive Field. Kwan and Gonzalez seem to have two spots fairly well nailed down. 

They should be able to put Kwan in center. And find a left fielder. 

Unless Straw is Willie Freakin Mayes in center, HE CANT BE THE EVERY DAY CF

.220 and ZERO run production can’t happen in the major leagues 

The Yankees have guys who hit .220. But they hit 30+ homers

Guardians player heads to World Series, but not to play

Danielle Cotterman
6 hours ago
GettyImages-1433694346.jpg?w=900

CLEVELAND, OHIO - OCTOBER 15: Triston McKenzie #24 of the Cleveland Guardians throws a pitch during the first inning against the New York Yankees in game three of the American League Division Series at Progressive Field on October 15, 2022 in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

(WJW) – The Cleveland Guardians may not have made it to the 2022 World Series, but one of their top players will still find himself among the action.

Major League Baseball announced that Cleveland Guardians pitcher Triston McKenzie will serve as a social media correspondent during the series.

According to MLB, McKenzie will attend Game Two in Houston and Game Three in Philadelphia where he will interview players on the field, make appearances on MLB Network, and give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the Fall Classic on MLB’s social media accounts.

This isn’t the first time MLB player will act as a World Series social media correspondent. Last year, outfielder for the Baltimore Orioles, Brett Phillips, covered the 2021 World Series.

If you want to follow along with the action from McKenzie, here are links to his social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram. You can also follow @MLB.

The 2022 World Series airs on FOX 8.

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 PLAYOFF - ALDS Game 5 - NOW ★ The World Series ! ★

★  WORLD SERIES  Game  1  ★  

Philadelphia at Houston  -  Friday October 28, 2022

So whos watching  ?   Jump in and post.

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 PLAYOFF - ALDS Game 5 - NOW ★ The World Series - Game 1 Friday October 28 ★

I just turned on the game   HOU 5  PHI 3,  Verlander pitching in the 4th.   Now 5-5 in 5.

I'll probably pop in once in awhile.    GO PHILADELPHIA,  maybe ?  

......  5-5. top 10.  Game on mute, might play some chess.  GO ??????? 

......  PHI  6-5  Final.  Bottom  10.  I was playing chess looked up saw the last out.  Phillies got one.

WORLD SERIES (ALL TIMES ET)

The FOX pregame show is slated for 7 p.m. for Games 1-6 and 6:30 p.m. for a potential Game 7.

Friday, Oct. 28
Phillies 6, Astros 5 (10) (PHI leads, 1-0)

Saturday, Oct. 29
Game 2, PHI @ HOU, 8 p.m., FOX

Monday, Oct. 31
Game 3, HOU @ PHI, 8 p.m., FOX

Tuesday, Nov. 1
Game 4, HOU @ PHI, 8 p.m., FOX

Wednesday, Nov. 2
Game 5, HOU @ PHI, 8 p.m., FOX (if necessary)

Friday, Nov. 4
Game 6, PHI @ HOU, 8 p.m., FOX (if necessary)

Saturday, Nov. 5
Game 7, PHI @ HOU, 8 p.m., FOX (if necessary)

WILD CARD SERIES ....... and a memory now.

Friday, Oct. 7
Guardians 2, Rays 1 (CLE leads, 1-0)
Phillies 6, Cardinals 3 (PHI leads, 1-0)
Mariners 4, Blue Jays 0 (SEA leads, 1-0)
Padres 7, Mets 1 (SD leads, 1-0)

Saturday, Oct. 8
Guardians 1, Rays 0 (15) (CLE wins, 2-0)  ★
Mariners 10, Blue Jays 9 (SEA wins, 2-0)
Mets 7, Padres 3 (Series tied, 1-1)
Phillies 2, Cardinals 0 (PHI wins, 2-0)

World Series - Game 2 

......  HOU  5-0  top 6.  Now don't just give it away or Philly will have it.  

......  HOU  5  PHI  2. final.

Screenshot_2022-10-29_234739.jpg

~  World Series  Game 3  ~     

.....  I popped in real quick  PHI  7-0. around the 7th inning.   Not much more now.

Screenshot_2022-11-01_174640.jpg

On 10/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, mjp28 said:

★  WORLD SERIES  Game  1  ★  

Philadelphia at Houston  -  Friday October 28, 2022

So whos watching  ?   Jump in and post.

i dunno 

I hate the chea...err astros

watched friday night -Verlander still hasnt won a WS game

Dusty Baker hasnt won a WS championship as a manager

hope it stays that way. right Tex? ... Tex where are you??

3 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

i dunno 

Tex is on a hiatus of sort but I just saw he was on 14 hours ago.   It's a big deal when your team is in the  WS.

I just don't have much interest in HOU,  kinda neutral on PHI.  JUST thank goodness the Yank$ are gone.

GO GUARDIANS 2023 !

On 11/2/2022 at 8:08 AM, FairHooker11 said:

i dunno 

Tex is on a hiatus of sort but I just saw he was on 14 hours ago.   It's a big deal when your team is in the  WS.

I just don't have much interest in HOU,  kinda neutral on PHI.  JUST thank goodness the Yank$ are gone.

GO GUARDIANS 2023 !

~ Game 5 ~      HOU  2-1  top  8.   Verlander (ND) out after 5.   Back to some chess.   :)

Houston wins G5 on this 9th inning catch 3-2.

g2khbq0aryrvzwh7jlqu.jpg

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 ★ World Series & PLAYOFFS - ALDS Game 5 - The World Series - Game 1 Friday October 28 ★

~  Game  6,  Saturday  at Houston   8:03 pm.  ~     

~  Game  7  (if necessary) Sunday at Houston   8:03 pm.  ~  Same time as SNF,  which if any would you watch  ?

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>       <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎      SO  who here is missing Guardians baseball,  even a little  ?     :)

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~>       <~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎      SO  who here is missing Guardians baseball,  even a little  ?     :)

Less than four months until Guardians Spring Training starts! 

Saturday November 5, 2022.

~  HOUSTON  wins the 2022 World Series in 6 games.  ~

An the season is over,  what a ride !      Thanks to Tito Francona and the guys.   :D

Screenshot_2022-11-05_232159.jpg

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 season is over. Cleveland Guardians 92-70 and AL Central Champions. Won 5 playoff games. Thank you.
  • mjp28 changed the title to ♥︎ 2022 season is over. Guardians 92-70 and AL Central Champions. Won 5 playoff games. We thank you.
  • 9 months later...

■       And a worthwhile bump to the  - 2022 -  season.   Well done  !

The AL  CENTRAL   CHAMPIONS  !         :D